Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Nice job mikefictiti0us, the most impressive "addon" to ArmA features that I've seen so far thumbs-up.gif

Nice job mikefictiti0us, the most impressive "addon" to ArmA features that I've seen so far thumbs-up.gif

Heh, thanks but I wouldn't go that far. At the present time, it's merely a helicopter with a lot of firepower. Nothing compared to some of the brilliant addons that have been released thus far for ARMA from guys who could do what I've done in less than an hour.

Heh, thanks but I wouldn't go that far. At the present time, it's merely a helicopter with a lot of firepower. Nothing compared to some of the brilliant addons that have been released thus far for ARMA from guys who could do what I've done in less than an hour.

I was more referring to the infrared/thermal imaging options this makes available (assuming you didn't use edited units to "cheat" the effect). Also I wasn't talking about the textures or models in released addons, I was talking about additions to gameplay, which I personally value alot more smile_o.gif

how bout making a seperate ac-130 thread?

half a page of discussion about it and no more WIP´s wink_o.gif

looks cool

keep it up

I am working on machinepistole 40 (Mp40 as most of you know it  biggrin_o.gif )     for now I have only made the model from barrel to magazine, so I have frontsight, magazine, shell gate and magazine detacher models ready, I thought cuz it has been so quiet lately, this topic needed something new so I added, as I said, pics coming probably in few days as I finish my 1/4 of my gun  biggrin_o.gif

-------------------------

edit:

ok, so the model is this far done:

71009mp40ex8.jpg

posting the buldozer screens in few days! wink_o.gif

So far.. so good! Awesome job on the model!  notworthy.gif

wich model did you mean? biggrin_o.gif

(mine isnt a model, its just a picture from google rofl.gif

So far.. so good! Awesome job on the model! notworthy.gif

wich model did you mean? biggrin_o.gif

Somehow I get the feeling that Belgerot is an automated work-in-progress-thread-reply bot tounge2.gif

On a somewhat on-topic note:

[Pic 1]

[Pic 2]

[Pic 3]

Having made my very first specular map, I hear from someone that BIS uses pink-ish specular maps instead of the grayscale that the rest of the world uses, making it more or less useless since I did it in grayscale...

i dont see any specialy spec mate.

can u post us the spec map?

yes theyre pinkish

whereas a pure pink replaces the black.

no idea why BIS decided so.

cant see any special purpose for that.

aswell a screeshot of the scene youre rendering?

a well set up scene with lights can sometimes illustrate specs better than other.

Having made my very first specular map, I hear from someone that BIS uses pink-ish specular maps instead of the grayscale that the rest of the world uses, making it more or less useless since I did it in grayscale...

Crazybump works for me smile_o.gif Quick and simple ... like me ... the one who couldn't read (i.e. understand) nephs tut all the way through whistle.gif

http://www.crazybump.com/

Gnat @ Dec. 28 2007,16:29)]

Crazybump works for me smile_o.gif Quick and simple ... like me ... the one who couldn't read (i.e. understand) nephs tut all the way through  whistle.gif

http://www.crazybump.com/

He's talking about a spec map, not a normal map.

JDB: there are filters that come with TexView which you use to convert the spec map and then save.

I have no clue why they went with the red and pink way.

the pink spec maps are just greyscale spec maps, but they are only present in the green color channel of the texture. The red and blue channels do something too, I'm not sure what though. Here is what a user made spec map looks like for Arma:

specmap.jpg

All you need is an image program that can combine different pictures into one using rgb combine.

So far.. so good! Awesome job on the model!  notworthy.gif

wich model did you mean?  biggrin_o.gif

Somehow I get the feeling that Belgerot is an automated work-in-progress-thread-reply bot tounge2.gif

On a somewhat on-topic note:

[Pic 1]

[Pic 2]

[Pic 3]

I know, I know confused_o.gif

I only have a few moments each day to browse the forums and see what new things people are up to, especially when it comes to things related to the second world war.

I just started playing again for the first time in nearly two months, so I hope I can get started on things again eventually.. oh yes, and to provide a better response than one more commonly provided by bots!

He's talking about a spec map, not a normal map.

LOL .... oops sorry ..... more proof about quailty posts at 2am !!

The red and blue channels do something too, I'm not sure what though.

Red = diffuse (modiffier, white means *1 black *0, this is helpfull to make scratches in diffuse match the specular effect)

Green = specular

Blue = specular power (modiffier, white means *1 black *0)

I find a quick and nasty way to create spec maps is sometimes (in Photoshop CS3) to take an image and goto 'Image>Adjustments>Curves' or press Ctrl-M to get to curves.

Then select 'Inverse (RGB)' from the dropdown list of presets, then goto the red channel and drag the 'output' (top right handle) vertically down to zero.

Then goto the blue channel and drag the 'output' (top right handle) vertically down to zero.

Then goto the green channel and drag the 'output' (top right handle) horizontally left towards zero and adjust as desired.

If you do some preprocessing of the original image before you get to this stage you'll get much better results.

As mentioned - quick and nasty...

Panda[PL],Synide

great info, but for smdi texture correct answer is

Quote[/b] ]Red = not used (leave it blank)

Green = specular map

Blue = specular power (darker color - bigger glare)

and i really think this question deserves another topic wink_o.gif

@bdfy... i think Panda's definition is quite correct for _sm (specular map) textures and your's is correct for _smdi (optimized specular map) textures.

But, yours is only correct if you further define what you mean by 'red = not used (leave it blank)' - if what you mean by that is red should be at 255 then you are correct.

Btw, when i said you drop the output red channel to zero and the output blue channel to zero you do realize that this leaves the input red & blue channels in Photoshop at 255, didn't you? - thereby producing a 'pink' - which is a nasty quick way of making an _smdi texture...

also, you quite right about people using this thread to ask additional questions... i thought this thread was... 'show your wares' and get a few pointers... if you have additional detailed questions about 'how to?' then start another thread? - well that was my understanding anyway - I know by answering i'm perpetuating the waywardness... but idc.

Panda[PL],Synide

great info, but for smdi texture correct answer is

Quote[/b] ]Red = not used (leave it blank)

Green = specular map

Blue = specular power (darker color - bigger glare)

and i really think this question deserves another topic wink_o.gif

huh?

specular map in green and specular power in blue?..

doesnt make too much sense to me..

is that from the wiki?

thats really weird.

not the fact that its split into different channels no, thats quite common by now.

but specular map and specular power... whats the difference supposed to be? its not like you could store a specular color into the green channel..

huh?

specular map in green and specular power in blue?..

doesnt make too much sense to me..

is that from the wiki?

thats really weird.

not the fact that its split into different channels no, thats quite common by now.

but specular map and specular power... whats the difference supposed to be? its not like you could store a specular color into the green channel..

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68158

or, you can have an _ns with the normal mapping in the rgb channels and specularity in the alpha channel...