Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Yes any 3d program will do as long as you can end up in .3ds or .obj format.

Keep up the good work Mehman, doing very well. (imo)

Edit: and yes, pretty sure all the renders on the last page are from 3ds max.  smile_o.gif

Faust @ Nov. 07 2007,19:37)]hi everybody, i want to show you some WIP pics of our Å KODA FELICIA (without interior yet)

(...)

Nice one!

This should have been introduced in original ArmA as 'car' smile_o.gif BiS has taken a shortcut and re-made the Skoda 105 instead.. And in ArmA2 they'd have Golf V...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]@ Stewy: Thank you. A bayonet version is only in my mind, it's a quick todo but unless some sort of melee attack option is available in ArmA I don't think I'll include it for anything more than eye candy.

Cool mate, no worries, yeah - I know the bayonet thing isn't in ArmA yet, just thought the .303 looks super tough with it attached...Cool rifle mate - please release it to the people when it's ready smile_o.gif

@The Sun: the polycount of car is now 2492, and yes we want to make more versions of Skoda Felicia, police car too of course smile_o.gif

@klamacz: thx,i cant wait too, but there is still a lot of work on it, so we have to wait sooo long tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]hundeswehr: i'm guessing you guys use 3dmax to model? would any model maker do?

wink_o.gif O2 user since 4? years for all my detailed res lod and geo-fire, whatever lods.

I only switch to a protool for things O2 isn't good at or can't.

->UV mapping.

->LOD reducements.

->Ambient baking.

But i don't make super high poly models to make my normal maps off etc...

@MehMan

Quote[/b] ]

I know it was on the right side, but that's because of the unwrap, so it's basically on both sides. It's a small error I can live with.

I thought it might be something like that. I suppose it's splitting

hairs anyway especially considering that in ArmA they can't hold

their rifle correctly, can't operate the bolt and can't even reload

it correctly. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Thanks for the info on the piling swivel though, didn't know that. I always thought it was the sling mount but checking photos of older enfields reveals my error.

They were removed before the end of WW1. As well as being pointless

on active service, they tended to get caught up in things. I remember

reading a WW1 memoir that had the author and his mates all removing

theirs and throwing them away after they had got caught up on the

overhead trench telephone wires for the umpteenth time.

They were reintroduced between the wars for a time before finally

being declared obsolete in the late 1930s. In WW2 a few rifles that

were issued from emergency stockpiles still had them but they are

rare on WW2-era rifles. If you care about it, I can send a drawing

of the correct shape of the sling swivels. They were a distinctive

shape, and not quite like you have them there.

Quote[/b] ]

@ Stewy: Thank you. A bayonet version is only in my mind, it's a quick todo but unless some sort of melee attack option is available in ArmA I don't think I'll include it for anything more than eye candy.

A version with fixed bayonet should really be included. The

men you are making are in battle order and the bayonet was

normally fixed when going into action. The lack of a "melee"

action in ArmA is not really relevant since they were rarely

actually used for sticking the enemy in reality anyway (though

ideal as a makeshift hammer, for chopping sticks for firelighting,

opening bully-beef tins, levering open compo-ration crates,

hanging kit on and as a candle-holder - one I used to have

in my collection looked like it had been used for all of these -

in the W. Desert also great for putting the frighteners up

thousands of windy Italian PoWs)

Just two additional screenshots of the WIP regarding the South Sarahni SWAT team (click on the thumbnail to enlarge) :

swat12ou1.th.jpg

swat09jd8.th.jpg

Here's my first model, aside from a simple box I made before. It's supposed to be a Chevrolet Caprice 1991 if you can't tell, and I doubt you can.

o2carua7.jpg

Anyways, I've made a few improvements since I took the screenshot. I smoothed out the corner in the tail light on the right of the screen a bit.

I few problems I having is:

1. Some of the faces are shaded strangely. One corner is very light and the other is dark. You can't see it in the screen, but if it's something serious then I'm assuming you know what I'm talking about.

2. The car is very lumpy. Is there an easy fix for that or do I just have to move the points around until it looks good?

Any other tips?

if thats gonna be an Cop ca then send it to Sahrani life or ville cretor and ask em' for adding this beaty into their mission. looks cool.

have ya tried sharp/smooth edges? by I and U?

other solution what I've found. a friend of mine told about those shadows

"dontcha worry, they'll behave properly with textures!" wink_o.gif

thats what he said.. not sure if hes right but

keep going the awesOme work mate! biggrin_o.gif

Hi all, here's a carrier that I'm playing with, but will probably be another on the heap of models that will quietly fade away. (I absolutely suck at just about anything beyond modeling).

The hull was done for OFP and will be redone to the quality of the tower interior passages and rooms included.

Enjoy

cvn76towerzn1.jpg

cvn76tower2mr6.jpg

cvn76tower3sf8.jpg

cvn76tower4df4.jpg

cvn76tower5ar5.jpg

cvn76tower6wb0.jpg

I can't see the bigger resolutions confused_o.gif , which class it is? Looks good.

looks intresting Scrub! thumbs-up.gif hope you can find some one to help ya out with texturing it smile_o.gif Seeing a carrier in arma would be kick ass smile_o.gif

Yeah seeing a carrier in arma would be my dream come true. I just can't wait to do landings on the deck, take offs for that matter, hell, why not whole missions? That would be sweet notworthy.gif very nice job!

-btw, link some bigger pics

Here's a few more for perspective.  Edited the previous post as well (as if you could miss it, sorry for the gai-gundous size pics, 65kb is the largest of them IIRC)  Again, if there are any experienced members that will even try, I'll get the model to you for study, let me know how you want it diced up, and I'll get to it- after all features are finished, of course.  Keep in mind that this will be used only one or two at a time, and away from land.  Due to max GEO sizes and the textures needed to make it look good, it should be thought of as a few complex vehicles interlocked.  Speaking of which, I could make a dovetail or machine a 'T' slot in the structure, and when assembled by script, let the geometry and physics keep it together like the trailer addons.  Just an idea to try out, maybe could be perfected to have the central unit moveable, and the others are 'hung' on it.

P.S. the class is Nimitz, most features themed off of CVN-74 with some alterations because I thought they were 'fun' and enhanced the playability a bit. Would love fully scripting all functional elements (elevators, Cats, engines, and having a C3). This has the possibility to be a mission in itself. Cheers.

cvn76tower7ab8.jpg

cvn76tower8xv2.jpg

cvn76tower9dw7.jpg

mod0# looking nice who use that apc?

Scrub # looks very good man thumbs-up.gif

i am working on something similar.

i also gonna implement working elevators and its gonna be the home base of my project you will have a briefing room and you even have a living quarters where you save.

lhd wasp class (tx raynorhiarro)

lhd.jpg

with some of the other stuff onboard

lhd3d.jpg

the aircraft hanger

hanger.jpg

the vehicle hanger.

cargo.jpg

*dont mind the extra poly its for detail i add later and then i remove it.

cool! Multiple aircraft carriers thumbs-up.gif Nice work guys! Hope you can add a few turrets for anti air defense aswell smile_o.gif

really nice!

i really like its dimension and scale. Keep up the good work. wink_o.gif

Hi, SFC.ITZHAK, do you've plans of release that CH46E as an addon?,

i miss one of those to carry to the front line my Johnn's Marines.

Let's C ya

Scrub, you should speak to gnat, even if it's just for a discussion

he's working on naval units right now, among others