Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Good looking ship. Wish I had the same discipline with polycounts tounge2.gif

Impressive output. Looking forward to your work, I really dig the 80s theme.

Some days ago i got some nice pictures and i was modivated to work a little bit on the LHA textures/ model.

The LHA consists of 5 parts and the deck textures have a size of 512x512. I try to keep it low, cos the LHA would only be a eyecandy for missions and must not be a "hypermodel" in polycount and texturesize

[im]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8558/lhaclasswip02fl0.jpg[/img]

Would it be possible to use it as the philcommando one was in ofp though even if it was low poly so to speak?

looks sweet enough for me tounge2.gif as long as planes and choppers can land and take off from it inlove.gif

would be sweet to make a coop mission series where you have the carrier as first base in the early missions and then later on move in land maybe. smile_o.gif

The only thing it would require to land aircrafts on it would be a geo-lod (as long as it's static). Or not?

The only thing it would require to land aircrafts on it would be a geo-lod (as long as it's static). Or not?

I know a bad thing about big models.

im not sure if it is in arma the same, but in ofp if you had a big and long roadway it hasnt worked fully, cause you dont have unlimited roadway, the same at geometries.. i hope in arma it is fixed.

thats why the big ships in ofp where cuted in 3 parts crazy_o.gif

Sentry

Jep, I think the geo or roadway or both are limited to a size of 50x50m. So you'll have to cut the model into 50m blocks. CBFASI made a couple of ships this way, works pretty well.

Jep, I think the geo or roadway or both are limited to a size of 50x50m. So you'll have to cut the model into 50m blocks. CBFASI made a couple of ships this way, works pretty well.

cant that be fixed? cause that suxx, in the tiberian genesis mod we have got big buildings, ok not that quite big, but it could be possible that on some parts the geo's and roadways are cutting up, and doing the buildings in 2 parts is s*it

Sentry

It's a Soviet Ropucha Large Landing Ship. [...]

Is that the same sort of ship as in OFP? I recall in one of the

official missions seeing a landing ship of some sort as a

backdrop to a troop of BMPs swimming ashore.

that was an LSD(?) - US thing but they used it in the red hammer campaign as a russian one too

that was an LSD(?) - US thing but they used it in the red hammer campaign as a russian one too

An LSD? Maybe I hallucinated it then biggrin_o.gif

An LSD? Maybe I hallucinated it then     biggrin_o.gif

I dare say you were...

The ingame ship was the useless Landing Ship Tank, or LST for short, which wouldn't do anything, could barely be landed on with a chopper, and wasn't friendly to walk on either, and was 100% static.

There was a community-made addon, the LSD 48, called U.S.S. Ashland... now THAT was IMHO the most beautiful made ship for OFP, simply because in spite of its size it was mobile, and you could walk in its interior (albeit carefully, otherwise you'd find out that it's alot more "transparent" than it looks, thanks to OFP's collision model) - and it could be used both for helicopter landings and even boat-departures!  inlove.gif

nice, technically well made but the head doesn't fit somehow. it's also not related to armed assault - or are u going to release a bare breasted statue? there are better places to post this...

..or are u going to release a bare breasted statue?

That´d be really awesome for my prefab biggrin_o.gif

"2, move to boobs, 6 o´clock"

lol the head fits perfectly cl10k...

besides no one said this if for arma only..

but yea youre right i shouldnt have posted this..

i thought people would be more mature by now..

mature? take a look in my profile little girl... the point is, here is a forum for bis-games. there is simply no necessity to post non arma related stuff, particularly if it's only for showing off... huh.gif

besides no one said this if for arma only..

confused_o.gif But it's posted in the ArmA: Addons and Mods Discussion section...I'm pretty sure that means WIP for ArmA stuff.

Anyway, despite that, it looks really nice. How many polies is it?

Abs

I don't mind seeing non-ArmA related work being posted here, it's all inspiring.

Very nice work neph, Mudbox or ZBrush?