Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Oerken-GD.jpg

I finaly got around working on a desert tan for oure 4x4 crazy_o.gif

Yes, those are angels biggrin_o.gif each person that dies pops an angel who then ascends to heaven.

Actually it's just a bit of fun, it got old pretty quickly and I've already disabled it biggrin_o.gif

armaAngels1.jpg

wierd... why not make a ghost of thier body instead of an angel?

@DMarkwick

You´re smoke-mod does really look excellent. Any Idea, when you´re able to release it? And most important: does this work in SP, too?

@DMarkwick

You´re smoke-mod does really look excellent. Any Idea, when you´re able to release it? And most important: does this work in SP, too?

I'm unable to release it until I get the mipmap error sorted (I'm starting to think it's related to the .paa file not being the same size as other files) and also do something about the awful large-particle performance of ArmA. I might, however release a much simpler addon that just uses the default textures rather than my own animated textures. It still looks good, but not quite the release I was hoping for smile_o.gif

And the addon will be client-side eye-candy only, so it shouldn't make too much difference whether you're in MP or SP smile_o.gif

Ascending Angels.. very interestting.

I hope the effect glittering accompanies ascension. biggrin_o.gif

I must say I'd much rather prefer having THE nicest angel ever seen in OFP/ArmA...

sotw111.jpg

How about it, Nephilim? Plllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasee... notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

For those intrested...

Heres a new video by Kenji featuring the T-64BU for the SLA troops.

Youtube video

As for the music... Kenji said it was a total random pick tounge2.gif

Might wanna try getting that video link to the uk or us version of 'tube. Mine got changed to the Japanese one...

:P I know how to do that, I was just saying for people that by a miracle don't havea youtube account or are new to it.

Cheers anyway I-S.

some ugly demon dude - 1 hr noodling with mudbox.

4k low poly model with a normal map derrived from a 1.2 billion hi-res model

That link is broken?

Judging from the appearance of the ArmA soldiers is

it possible to estimate how many polys the high-res

models used to make the normal maps for them might

have used (if that is indeed how they were made)?

Their maps don't seem to be very sophisticated.

Guest Ti0n3r

Maybe a bit late, but nice work MehMan smile_o.gif

@Col. Faulkner

the legs and sleeves might have been made from hi poly data

but the gear is definately made with the ps-plugin

wilsonvipdk2.jpg

My own work. Wings3D, 1.4k faces. CO and SM are 512x512, normal map is 1024x1024. Unwrapped to single texture.

Release soon.

I have some problems with ArmA's per-vertex lightning - as can be seen here just below the safety... On the sides it's not a problem, I can just apply sharp faces, but the top is round and also has long polygons crazy_o.gif . I guess it can't be helped.

Judging from the appearance of the ArmA soldiers is

it possible to estimate how many polys the high-res

models used to make the normal maps for them might

have used (if that is indeed how they were made)?

Their maps don't seem to be very sophisticated.

At a guess, approx. 5980 faces in the View Pilot LOD in a sniper model. A soldier possibly 7700 and a medic maybe 6500.

O.T. but approx. 7000 faces is nothing(!wink_o.gif for a highres model. usually highres models for non-technical things are made by exporting them to mudbox/zbrush and you wont get any quality results with so few polys.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=39&t=479896 take a close look at this topic over at cgsociety.

or here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....hl=deli

delirium did some good work on the highres-part using ~500k faces - which is a normal value for highres modelling...

sorry for O.T. crazy_o.gif

lol, yeah, didn't really read his post thoroughly, those counts are for low res ofcourse with the normal maps added on top in game for the 'illusion'... there are only 2 ways I could think of to know the true 'high poly' version of current BIS models (for using as a guide/rule of thumb to developing one's own models)...

1. would be to have access to the originals and 2. would be doing some heavy duty differentiation, algebra and calculus - break out the 'old' school texts books.

Still, based on 'low poly counts' i'd say around 10k-15k for the hi-res for characters - the pro modellers would have a better idea than I how many more 1k's poly's to added for a guesstimate... one of the guys i'm 'working' with has been getting down to 4% polys from his hi res stuff (depending on what it is ofcourse)