Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Very nice, DMarkwick! thumbs-up.gif

How is the performance? Looks a bit like a frame-eater in my eyes.

Mfg Medicus smile_o.gif

Seems to be fairly minimal. ArmA will cull particles when there's too many, so you cannot bog down the system. They're just billboards and although the animation sequence is 48 frames the whole texture file is smaller than the default one. And it's only a third filled up so I can add more textures for other smoke types smile_o.gif

The smoke particles do last 8x longer than default smoke (hence the height) so there's undoubtedly more particles than normal, but as I said they are limited in numbers eventually.

ye stop posting your ufo on the whole forum ...

some wip pic :

m18a1 (for snipers)

m18a1.jpg

lrm (french mlrs)

lrm.jpg

Why does everyone insist on giving Claymores to snipers? If any one should have it should be Special Operations teams that focus on ambushing. Which is generally what the claymore is used for, not as a defense for some sniper... banghead.gif

Why does people insist on posting stuff we dont care huh.gifbanghead.gif

ok sorry will be a spec op snip ...

and because spec ops already have c4 ... (should make c4 that u can put on cars, tanks btw ...)

and snipers have nothing, ambush truck convoy, protect their back or an escape ... more balanced i think

Seems to be fairly minimal. ArmA will cull particles when there's too many, so you cannot bog down the system. They're just billboards and although the animation sequence is 48 frames the whole texture file is smaller than the default one. And it's only a third filled up so I can add more textures for other smoke types smile_o.gif

The smoke particles do last 8x longer than default smoke (hence the height) so there's undoubtedly more particles than normal, but as I said they are limited in numbers eventually.

Cool, sounds very promising!

Btw: How do you want to implement this? As some kind of replacement (like FDF sound) or as an addon.pbo?

Mfg Medicus

Cool, sounds very promising!

Btw: How do you want to implement this? As some kind of replacement (like FDF sound) or as an addon.pbo?

Mfg Medicus

It will be a client-side eye-candy addon smile_o.gif there's really no way for all that particle info to be farmed out to all players from the server.

It will be a client-side eye-candy addon smile_o.gif

WhooHoo avatar-43.gif

Really looking forward to it!

MfG Medicus

Nephilim, I like your 80s man notworthy.gif

It has nice textures

Nice one. smile_o.gif

How the Lex Luthor's head polycount compared to BIS ones?

Or we're not gonna see him ingame?

thats not lex luthor... lol

christian bale..ish..

the head is made of subdivision surfaces

so if the geometry os frozen its about 4k quads (but theres room to get the poly count down)

whole model might be 16k tris

but since its a "hero" character its ok

yea well some kinda rambo knife maybe dunno XD

Think he was rather refering to Bale in American Psycho

Model and textures look awesome Neph, as usual smile_o.gif

After closer look Bale it is. I guess I was watching too much Smallville earlier this year.

Anyway, not only a skill but also great a talent is shown here.

wow_o.gif COOL!

Gigan, will it be like the OFP camera addon where the GUI is gone, and in two modes (with black bars and without)? notworthy.gif

I'm working on Bell 412... I have made the body.

Now I'm starting on doors etc. and the inside of the helicopter.

heko1oc3.th.jpg

I'll make this to sivilian and Trasport helicop. There can mount FFRA or machine guns both side of the helicopter.

BUZZARD @ June 22 2007,19:17)]wow_o.gif COOL!

Gigan, will it be like the OFP camera addon where the GUI is gone, and in two modes (with black bars and without)?  notworthy.gif

It is simply addon that it removed GUI for screenshot and video shooting, and can wide range zooming.

Black bar is being examined. Maybe, two or more video ratio modes with black bar are not included. tounge2.gif

Because monitor ratio is different depending on person, a correct ratio mode cannot be reproduced with black bar.

Today I got bored in working on the M923A1 and sought for an interesting alternative.

So what is this ... who can tell me that. It´s really in an early developemnt stage.

boredwip01ky4.jpg

OV-10 Bronco

ov-10-nog.jpg

a rotating turret would be awesome.