Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

I'm too lazy to start texturing so here are more grey renders.

ch47_hc2_04_S.jpg

ch47_hc2_05_S.jpg

ch47_hc2_06_S.jpg

The model is now 99% finished.The polycount is, ähm, too high, but what the hell.

footmunch, if you dont mind me asking you this, but is there a way you can help me out with the modeling animations? because i cant seem to get that right for beans

Early texture WIP.

Nice start Mehman, very nice. I'm not a fan of WW2 era work, but the quality is very nice. Can't wait to see how this shapes up once you get into detailing it.

Very pleased to see the Chinook again afro, great finish and quality build as always.

Nick

cool beans afro!

can you show us a wire?

There's some wires back on page 17.

no afro make it a swedish! biggrin_o.gif lmo just joking, whatever version you make i think people are gonna play w it anyways thumbs-up.gif

I'm too lazy to start texturing so here are more grey renders.

The model is now 99% finished.The polycount is, ähm, too high, but what the hell.

Now that will be a very nice addition.

Fabulous work and may i suggest an energy drink for your lazyness tounge2.gif

How high is "too high" ? wink_o.gif

Judging from the detailing around the cockpit doors, and from the wires a few pages back, I'd say it was probably somwhere around 15-20k?

Nice to see you're still active 'munch. Got any more "modern" stuff planned, or are you sticking with the ww2 stuff for now?

The F-16 is going to be the first release - it's currently serving as a test bed for my learning the new ArmA config & scripting.

Once I've got the basics sorted out, more planes will follow (Phantom, Hawk 200, Backfire, etc)

What about the Skyraider? That one would be sweet for the CAS job... Somehow I'm having a falling-out with the A-10, so I'm looking forward to Skyraider, the return of the Skyhawk, and I'm praying that whoever's doing those F-8 Crusaders might think of cropping the model a bit to make some A-7 Corsair II's... inlove.gif

A US Chinook would only require the change of some antennas and minor details so I'm probably going to do it xmas_o.gif

ch47_hc2_07_S.jpg

14.5k Verts and 24.5k Faces too much tounge2.gif

But the current model features all details for all Lods. For example the cockpit will only be fully detailed in the pilot view LOD. Same with the cargo room for the cargo view. By reducing some details in those two objects for the 1st LOD I already managed to cut 4k faces. I'm aiming for 12k faces total for the 1st LOD, so there's still a bit to do.

/edit - if someone would like to donate a M60 model perhaps even one modified for helicopter use, contact me!

A US Chinook would only require the change of some antennas and minor details so I'm probably going to do it.

Nice to hear.

< Hands AfrographX some battenburg >

14.5k Verts and 24.5k Faces too much tounge2.gif

But the current model features all details for all Lods. For example the cockpit will only be fully detailed in the pilot view LOD. Same with the cargo room for the cargo view. By reducing some details in those two objects for the 1st LOD I already managed to cut 4k faces. I'm aiming for 12k faces total for the 1st LOD, so there's still a bit to do.

Hehe, just a few tounge2.gif

That being said, my MH-47E stands at ~21,000 tris. But also includes the fully detailed cockpit as well as [probably over-] detailed bits here there and everywhere.

My CH-47D version is more like 15,000 tris tho, so seems a reasonable "limit" smile_o.gif

/edit - if someone would like to donate a M60 model perhaps even one modified for helicopter use, contact me!

Mate, borrow the M60 from Skaven's RACS pack - it's pretty good, and once he's done some LODs on it (the next version coming up) it'll be almost perfect, you'll just have to stick some grips and a butterfly trigger on it.

Skaven's RACS

He's given permission for anyone to do what they will with the weapons, so you're home free.

Will there also be a mount for a weapon on the ramp besides the side gunner positions? (Dutch use the FN MAG for this, I believe the Americans use either the M2HB or FN MAG, not sure about the British)

..., you'll just have to stick some grips and a butterfly trigger on it.

And a big crosshairs. That would make me instantly fall in love with the gunner pos in the chinook.

Will there also be a mount for a weapon on the ramp besides the side gunner positions? (Dutch use the FN MAG for this, I believe the Americans use either the M2HB or FN MAG, not sure about the British)

we were using the M60, but they're currently being fitted out with shiny new miniguns

(Dutch use the FN MAG for this, I believe the Americans use either the M2HB or FN MAG, not sure about the British)

Our Chinooks use M60Ds on the ramp, which is more than likely why Afro wants one. The side doors are normally armed with M134s or a couple more M60Ds.

Chinooks seem to be the only thing we have in service that uses the M60 since they came from Boeing with them.

edit: Messy beat me to it. However I make a further point that the M60's still placed on the ramp while miniguns go on the door...

BUZZARD @ June 19 2007,15:40)]
Nice to see you're still active 'munch. Got any more "modern" stuff planned, or are you sticking with the ww2 stuff for now?

The F-16 is going to be the first release - it's currently serving as a test bed for my learning the new ArmA config & scripting.

Once I've got the basics sorted out, more planes will follow (Phantom, Hawk 200, Backfire, etc)

What about the Skyraider? That one would be sweet for the CAS job... Somehow I'm having a falling-out with the A-10, so I'm looking forward to Skyraider, the return of the Skyhawk, and I'm praying that whoever's doing those F-8 Crusaders might think of cropping the model a bit to make some A-7 Corsair II's... inlove.gif

Try the addons request thread. Kthnx.

Well in this case it's more conversions of something that already exists rather than something new... otherwise I'd have posted in the Addons Request thread... wink_o.gif

Had a look at Skaven's M60 and it's an awesome model but with 5k faces it's really rich in detail. So I used it as sample to make a new version with less faces.

ch47_hc2_08_S.jpg

This one has 2k faces. Mounts for sidedoor/window and ramp are attached.

hahaha never heard that line shite a brick but it sounds crazy and funny crazy_o.giftounge2.gif anyways really sweet looking m60's love the sights especially thumbs-up.gif yeah Skavens m60 is wonderful it makes me wanna go rambo but everytime i do i almost always end up missing the enemies, anyways time to rtb goodnight.gif