Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

@TankCommander

interesting to see arma models in 3rd party apps..

NDA?.....

Ah then the community might find this very useful especially in terms of poly count references, scale etc. I use a program called 3D Ripper DX which rips models out of games directly. Very good for 3ds Max users as they can view the game textures as well but I use Maya and all I get are the models. Great still smile_o.gif

That'll be a handy tool for the re-skinners smile_o.gif

Officer uniform UV

Officer uniform texture

Oh I have Lightwave 7.0 as well for modeling and did you get the texture networks working in that or was that a manual job? They say that they will be releasing a Maya plugin which would hopefully allow for 1 click texture integration for the models.

@TankCommander

NDA?.....

Ah then the community might find this very useful especially in terms of poly count references, scale etc. I use a program called 3D Ripper DX which rips models out of games directly. Very good for 3ds Max users as they can view the game textures as well but I use Maya and all I get are the models. Great still smile_o.gif

Officer uniform UV

Officer uniform texture

Oh I have Lightwave 7.0 as well for modeling and did you get the texture networks working in that or was that a manual job? They say that they will be releasing a Maya plugin which would hopefully allow for 1 click texture integration for the models.

Ah, so you're modifying and distributing BIS's copyrighted content without their knowledge or permission then, and making it available to users who have not purchased a license to use that content. Thanks for the clarification. smile_o.gif

Ah, so you're modifying and distributing BIS's copyrighted content without their knowledge or permission then, and making it available to users who have not purchased a license to use that content. Thanks for the clarification.  smile_o.gif

So, you're jumping to conclusions. Where did he say that he is distributing content? He never gave a link to any BIS content here, merely a program that can extract it. And the program itself gives out a warning that it is meant for educational and viewing purposes only.

Ah, so you're modifying and distributing BIS's copyrighted content without their knowledge or permission then, and making it available to users who have not purchased a license to use that content. Thanks for the clarification. smile_o.gif

So, you're jumping to conclusions. Where did he say that he is distributing content? He never gave a link to any BIS content here, merely a program that can extract it. And the program itself gives out a warning that it is meant for educational and viewing purposes only.

Precisely. I am not by any means doing anything illegal here to even remotely distribute BIS content.

That 3D RIpper DX has come in very useful...very useful indeed - for reference of course...Thanks TankCommander.

Currently I'm working on Tactical Operation 2. Saving external data is not possible yet, so it's not after action review, but it's similar to another VBS feature smile_o.gif

god_1.jpg

This is how it looked month ago, when I stopped working due to school leaving exams. Now I'm going to continue again.

@TankCommander

NDA?.....

Officer uniform UV

Officer uniform texture

After using google about this 3D Ripper DX, it seems this is really an impressive program that can have a lot of various usage.

Thanks TankCommander for the notice.

Currently I'm working on Tactical Operation 2. Saving external data is not possible yet, so it's not after action review, but it's similar to another VBS feature smile_o.gif

This is how it looked month ago, when I stopped working due to school leaving exams. Now I'm going to continue again.

plain WOW!

god_1.jpg

Amazing! Any updates? Start a new thread! Also, will you be able to make a new button for it? Not make it go through the normal editor?

@TankCommander

NDA?.....

Officer uniform UV

Officer uniform texture

After using google about this 3D Ripper DX, it seems this is really an impressive program that can have a lot of various usage.

Thanks TankCommander for the notice.

i made the same searches; and i have the same conclusions:

Thx TankCommander. smile_o.gif

Some more progress on the nh90. After updating the model I went on to uvw unwrap it again.

nh90-tth_04.jpg

nice and smooth smile_o.gif

do yu mainly use planar mapping or do ou unwrap/relax part by part?

Great job AfrographX, im sure that was just so much fun mapping. biggrin_o.gif

Not entirely, the sphere shape on the front has a stretched front nener.gifwink_o.gif

I personally only use planar mapping (simply because it does what I want it to do, and it has never failed me).

Not entirely, the sphere shape on the front has a stretched front nener.gifwink_o.gif

Looks like the UV's got mirrored on that part to save space.

Looks like the UV's got mirrored on that part to save space.

Ah yeah sorry about that, I now noticed the line on the top of the frame as well, never mind whistle.gif

Yep using planar mapping, unrwaping part by part. Took me quite a while.

You're right JdB, the radar thing at the front didn't receive much attention. But it doesn't require any important texture details. So I just thought, what the hell, spent enough time with the rest tounge2.gif

I reinstalled 3dsmax and lost all my settings.

What do I have to do to make the real texture size appear in the viewport?

Currently it looks like this:

hmm.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a 2048x2048 texture.

I reinstalled 3dsmax and lost all my settings.

What do I have to do to make the real texture size appear in the viewport?

Currently it looks like this:

icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a 2048x2048 texture.

I had the same problem in Gmax, Farles helped me solving it.. Doesnt matter how big the resolution of the texture is. It is some kind of setting of the "mapping" I believe.

There is something about it here I believe.

You have to configure it under Customize->Prefs->Viewports->configure driver

and then you can select the size of the map, or the closest to it. After doing that, restart Max.

10 percent finished WIP

donkey.jpg

ATM making a new donkey vehicle, will come in different versions. I am also making a cart that will go along with it.

VBIED version-with cart

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=33778eb113

CARGO version-with cart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC9P5MSmVSA

AFGAN Mountain pack version-without cart

http://www.mpturner.net/images/donkeyborne.jpg

ESCAPED\FREE donkey version -just a pure donkey

The donkey will be very mild mannered, and wont mind company on those late cold evenings with nothing else to do.

and here is a unwrapping nightmare.

I managed to unwrap the whole thing into one texture. But will probally unwrap it a second time into 2 textures because its never enough till your heart stops beating

variation.jpg

@djfrogstar

Nice ass! thumbs-up.gif

haha i was just about to say that. biggrin_o.gif

The HEMTT is looking nice. thumbs-up.gif

Ribbit!

LOL! thanks, never thought id hear that!

the story behind the HEMMT is that nov 2005 I was planning on making my movie using BF2. So I modeled the HEMMT for this purpose only. Then I discovered VBS1 and saw that the simulation already had really awesome HEMMTs. So i buried the HEMMT you see in the pic. I always feel bad when i see an old project that got buried. This one in particular was a Hellraiser kind of pleasure and pain project. So I figured now I would slowly try and finish it for ARMA. Its around 4500 faces. I never modeled the inside of the cab.

so that number will increase

ATM the Donkey is more important for my movie so i will finish her off first. whistle.gif