Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Smiley_Nick @ May 29 2007,14:09)

wink_o.gif Can we see a wire of 'your' model please tounge2.gif .

->If it is indeed your work, we wonder what you spent your time on island creations then...Also if your model + texture, notworthy.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Jenny: The magic box

mad_o.gif and then you start to 'nag' i don't make good use of my polys and optimize my models wink_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]JdB
: Nice wires, but maybe suggestion in terms of optimize use of polys. Like for the end of the inside of the barrel of first shot, i often use a single face or even tris. That is 4 polys or 8 tris. Small thingy, but it has no effect on model, lightning etc..and you need to start somewhere to make it as optimized as possible, so you can use those presious polys somewhere else. Same for the corners of the side of the mag...place them from corner to corner, that safes an other poly (xtimes)...as long it doesn't effect lightning offcourse...

Keep it up all.

Nice WIPs, cant wait to see most of this in ArmA.

And nice work Smiley_Nick, modeling organics is pretty hard....

the t rex is from some one of the lost world mod smile_o.gif

i guess smiley just posted it in a representative form smile_o.gif

cheers

JDB maybe do something that is not made already since few months ?

i ARMA there are many other vehicles missing , units of WW2 to be put to game

Errr? Maybe JDB can make what he wants to?

Also, one would be ever hopeful that what jdb makes would be properly optimised for the engine, and actually have all the components to make it work properly. (Like shadows and the sort wink_o.gif )

The problem with that is it's entirely unreasonable to expect that modders should have to make their content conform to BIS's engine. It's unfair and impractical.

When they've got an idea, it should as the modder envisions it, and not crippled by so-called conformity to someone else's 'standards' which don't reflect the accurate realism studied by the modder themselves.

If ArmA can't handle multi-million poly models, that's the engine's fault, not the modder's, and BIS needs to fix that glaring deficiency immediately before moving on to anything else. The same goes for shadows. The modder shouldn't have to worry about shadows at all, are shadows modeled in real life? Of course not, real life is what ray traced dynamic shadows try to imitate, that again is the engine's fault, not the modder's, for that lack of crucial functionality.

Yes sorry for the confusion people!

I was posting WIP material on behalf of the "lost world returns" modification.

The model and textures where created by "Marco"

Perhaps the owner of this thread can make rules to say it has to be user posted material or should it be WIP work for anyone, with given permission?

Nick

Quote[/b] ]ShinR: If ArmA can't handle multi-million poly models, that's the engine's fault, not the modder's, and BIS needs to fix...

huh.gif ...and your real point is (without wanting to go into debate as this shouldn't derail SS topic..again)?

Or are you just providing us the best excuse to write in the readme ?

The problem with that is it's entirely unreasonable to expect that modders should have to make their content conform to BIS's engine. It's unfair and impractical.

When they've got an idea, it should as the modder envisions it, and not crippled by so-called conformity to someone else's 'standards' which don't reflect the accurate realism studied by the modder themselves.

If ArmA can't handle multi-million poly models, that's the engine's fault, not the modder's, and BIS needs to fix that glaring deficiency immediately before moving on to anything else. The same goes for shadows. The modder shouldn't have to worry about shadows at all, are shadows modeled in real life? Of course not, real life is what ray traced dynamic shadows try to imitate, that again is the engine's fault, not the modder's, for that lack of crucial functionality.

biggrin_o.gif

Time to show the gem Kenji works on atm:

The RHS T-64 made for Germany 85 and as Standalone Addon.

( this time the basic version more versions will follow )

On a sidenote, i named the video T-64 ArmA beta but in the video it say Alpha... stupid me

If theres a demand i will send a better quality version to the ArmA pages.

It's very nice, but quite... green. Understandable for the Germany 1985 mod, of course, but will those of us who hope to add it to the SLAg OoB get a nice olive-blend-in-with-the-BMP2-T72-BRDM-and-BMD1 paintjob?

Lovin the stunts and commander MG, btw.

The dark paint isnt final and also there are no bright dust layers added yet.

The horrible ( for me at least ) day to night and back in 2 seconds HDR effect also gives it a pretty dark look.

One thing to note is that the T-64 was produced in a green different from the T-72.

The SLA gets their version but not sure what we do there.

Are they gonna be Russian T-64's? Because as far as i know they were only produced for russian use.. and the T-72 were built to sell on the export market....Correct me if im wrong

Indeed the T-64s were back then build for soviet elite tank units that would be the spearhead in a possible attack against NATO.

Afaik it was never sold to any other country.

Only thing that comes to my mind are the Ukrainian upgrades made at the morozov plants.

However times have changed and i dont see why the russians couldnt give their old commie times friend North Sahrani some of their old T-64s.

I mean they must already gave them damn good deals before on the Su-34 and the Ka-50s wink_o.gif

Not to mention that some other type of tanks will leave the factory right after Kenji is done with the T-64s, ill let you guys guess.

Reminds me of something...

And that reminds me of

Im such a spammor whistle.gif

@TankCommander

interesting to see arma models in 3rd party apps..

NDA?.....

Maybe the Ka-50s and the Su-34 are just russian squadrons posted to help the north. Like the Mig-21's in vietnam.... crazy_o.gif

I guess i better not ask what pics you used to make the texture? biggrin_o.gif

@TankCommander

NDA?.....

Ah then the community might find this very useful especially in terms of poly count references, scale etc. I use a program called 3D Ripper DX which rips models out of games directly. Very good for 3ds Max users as they can view the game textures as well but I use Maya and all I get are the models. Great still smile_o.gif

ah i c

indeed

actually knew that thing

but never really got it workin

@TankCommander

NDA?.....

Ah then the community might find this very useful especially in terms of poly count references, scale etc. I use a program called 3D Ripper DX which rips models out of games directly. Very good for 3ds Max users as they can view the game textures as well but I use Maya and all I get are the models. Great still smile_o.gif

That'll be a handy tool for the re-skinners smile_o.gif

Officer uniform UV

Officer uniform texture