Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

NO!!! mad_o.gif

I want to see them Ingame as well as wire-frame if u have them! The more the better! Besides, A wireframe isnt as interesting to me then actually seeing them in-game, soaking them in, visualizing the day when they are released! Ill tell you what, next time you come in here, close ure freakin eyes and censor out the in-game shotz! Geez...

I love this thread, and I dont want to see it turn into nothing but wire-frames (I love wire-frames, but I also love in-game thumbs-up.gif )

NO!!! mad_o.gif

I want to see them Ingame as well as wire-frame if u have them! The more the better! Besides, A wireframe isnt as interesting to me then actually seeing them in-game, soaking them in, visualizing the day when they are released! Ill tell you what, next time you come in here, close ure freakin eyes and censor out the in-game shotz! Geez...

I love this thread, and I dont want to see it turn into nothing but wire-frames (I love wire-frames, but I also love in-game thumbs-up.gif )

Dont tell me no in a topic you have no say in. i started this topic just for wire frames/renders, not ingame screenshops. but to see WIP pictures, not fancy photoshopped ingame pics.

If you wanna post ingame screenshots go here ArmA Photography I - No images over 100kb

Have to agree with SS here. This thread is for WIP (which yes, could be ingame) which to me mainly means wireframes or renders.

Like SS said, if you want ingame, go to the ArmA Photography thread.

Thanks for the comments, some cracker stuff being made aswell, cant wait to play with them ingame.

I really should buy arma.

3ds max is messing around atm, so heres some very unstylish o2 renders:

aa0fcb5c.jpg

sweet stuff guys keep it up! nice to see hueys ingame granq thumbs-up.gif

does remind me of the nam mod hueys tounge2.gif any chance for urban police or other versions too? smile_o.gif

Well I'm a texture guy so I am going to feel a little alienated since all I do is textures and they don't have wire frames. So could you start one for textures people only? Joking of course!

- Ack rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dont tell me no in a topic you have no say in. i started this topic just for wire frames/renders, not ingame screenshops

Son, a few ingame "screenshops" never hurt anyone.

A "link" to a ingame pic isnt terrible. Besides, we arent all model makers who care about wires, some of us go outside once in awhile.  smile_o.gif

EDIT: Im tempted to post some of my sweet MS paint texture WIPS.  thumbs-up.gif

since 90% of what my work when comes to addon is to get model ingame from one of many modellers that makes models but doesn't know/want to do the "selections/configs". Therefor "all" my "stuff i am working on" will be ingame.. and you can see the progress like "ok, its ingame", "the weapons working..", "new stuff"...

i don't want to use the combat photos, because thats more for really nice screenshots.. i just place my stuff in the editor and hit printscreen.

I think its up to the topic starter to decide, but i should be really sad if this was to be "just for us awesome-modelers-with-wireframe" thread..

more intresseting if we could see coders aswell, like new tracers, new damage effects and so on.. but once again, its up to the threadstarter. I manily put my ingame screenshot as an reply to the question "stuff you are working on".

And this is what sniper wrote in his first post.. my highlight.

Quote[/b] ]Just a fun/random topic for WIP/pimpin screenshots of whatever you are working, whether it be a small a reskin, or as big as an all new model, this way we don't always have to open a new thread.

so i think I know why the misunderstanding....

also i am wondering whats up with this: "not fancy photoshopped ingame pics.". Who on earth do you accuse of photoshopped ingame pics??

Great to see the community is getting some new stuff ingame, was a bit tired of OFP ports and reskins... (not that I blame that kind of work, its another way of learning modding, but I was more interested in highpoly/arma addons.)

Great work everyone, keep it up.

smile_o.gif Why an other topic with 'you can feel the tension in the air' mood tounge2.gif .

Didn't you noticed SS comment:

Quote[/b] ]I need a hug now.

whistle.gif ..Anyway, nice WIPs all. Keep them rolling...

Maybe some comment for my side, as modeler and on the meaning of the topic afaik. The meaning of showing your WIP on the hand of some renders, screenshot combined with wireframes gives us a much more accurate view how 'good' the model is and maybe if needed we can point someone to error or non very optimised stuff. As they are WIP there is still room for improvements.

But back on topic smile_o.gif .

Not to mention mr ss, your wip that you linked to was not a wireframe, it was more along the lines of a "fancy photoshopped in-game [o2] pic"

Your Wip

Btw, im currentyl workin on a reskin of the Bc-32k for the 1944 Operation Overlord Game (1944d-day.com)

Il try to get a photoshopped in-game pic soon tounge2.gif

Not to mention mr ss, your wip that you linked to was not a wireframe, it was more along the lines of a "fancy photoshopped in-game [o2] pic"

Your Wip

Thats a picture from my 3ds max view port.

so sniper, should we coders, texturers, islandmakers, GUI fixers, script kiddies go and find ourself a new thread or can we be with you modelers together?

so sniper, should we coders, texturers, islandmakers, GUI fixers, script kiddies go and find ourself a new thread or can we be with you modelers together?

I have just the topic for you my best BIS forum friend.

Click here

Have a great day mate. smile_o.gif

I have just the topic for you my best BIS forum friend.

Click here

Have a great day mate. smile_o.gif

ok, thanks for the reply. Its always good to see the community when it can work together. I will now stop releasing my addons or screenshots on the bis board. Thank you for the spirit.

Its lovely how we all can not be together, how we can reply to people and with nice words ask them to fuck off. Sniper, you lead the way! inlove.gif

Why are you killin the topic?  crazy_o.gif

Looks like someone had their dose of estrogen today...drama queen wow_o.gif

to ease the tensions on this thread here's mine:

lentsikka.jpg

tounge2.giftounge2.giftounge2.gif

Just so it doesn't look like the "script kiddies" aren't up to anything, here's a preview of what's in my pipeline:

Long-term (very long term...): Urban Construction Set

Will create cities dynamically (i.e. the place will look different each time you play the mission):

un5.jpg

Short-term: Autonomous Assault Engine

Creates a random AI ambush that utilizes a variety of strategies.

aae_setup.gif

Don't assume that just because there are web-pages for those modules already that that means they are close to release.

It's just that I use them like a bulletin board - to keep track of the whole thing myself, and as a means to discuss the concept with others.

Kronzky post is what im talking about, its a "wip" screenshot, and not something that would go in ArmA photography, why would the mods let us have two of the same topic? (It's looking damn good Kronzky, cant want to get my n00ber hans on it.)

Chip360, PM me whatever you are smoking brah.

Quote[/b] ] Kronzky post is what im talking about, its a "wip" screenshot, and not something that would go in ArmA photography

I believe the title of the pic that started this flame debate was "F8E WIP"

Quote[/b] ]

Might as well pimp this out some more:

11609649tx1.jpg

Oh, and I dont smoke "brah"

...Now I hope we can just put this all behind us...

guys calm down..

its really a WIP thread..

so basically the purpose is to post work in progress pictures

of your model to get response to it and possible any advice to enhance it..

if you just post ingame pics people cant say how well it might perform as they dont see the wireframes for example and how they might be tweaked.

if you just want to tease with ingame pics post them in the photography thread.

but if you post ingame pics here post WIREFRAMES or viewport, uvw map pics along with it...

otherwise this is just another screenshot thread...

see it as a place where you can learn and exchange experience...

scripters ,might submit their snippets or videos of how what their stuff does.

textures may post their scaled texture samples.

so everyone that has his field should somehow try to represent it like in the examples above

i think some rules would be pretty good

so just try to follow the WIP spirit XD

@Chip360

yea it is a WIP screenshot..

but take a look in the photography thread...

there are ingame WIP screenshots aswell..

ive placed some WIP screen of my older models there aswell..

but did i place wireframes there? no...

lets try to keep things seperate

and

to you a wireframe might not be interesting since it seems youre a gamer..

but theres people who make these addons, who might benefit from getting some advice from people who might have a bit more experience..

think about it

@puma

LOL!

very cool the new USAF X-785 Shrimpy!

where the heck did you get those concept sketches from XD