Sign in to follow this  
Silencer

Great New AA Vehicle

bm-21-image11.jpg

this is wide used vehicle over 50 country use them why shouldn't russia have it?

bm-21-line.gif

sorry for telling false information....still I read the info saying 50 countrys use them and manufactured in 1963.40 rounds in 20 seconds.

Blink Dog is right. That's not an AA vehicle. Rocket artillery piece commonly known as Stalin's Organs.

And it might not be fun in game 'cause it has devastating effect. Especially when using so called aerosol explosives. No survivors...

Kinda look's like a URAL. It would go nice for the resistance side of the game... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP @ Feb. 09 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kinda look's like a URAL. It would go nice for the resistance side of the game... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said earlier...

Russians use this baby also known as Katjusha for first bombardment arsenal. IT DESTROYS EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH!!

And true, 40 rnds/20 secs and its build on truck. Only reload time is way above 10 minutes, so game value would be what?

Useless in my opinnion to game.

stalin's organs will great in OFP depends on what mision and how you make it.

I see one of those firing on tv though. I think is has a 40Km range so it could hit targets from any part of the islands . Imagine defending a town against the Russians with 2 of these firing and T-80 advancing with infantry at night, flares and missiles flying above you...wicked biggrin.gif

I think the Vulcan and Shilka are too weak AA vehicles, when I see a Vulcan or a Shilka when Im flying a chopper I mostly blow them up instead of them shooting me down. Here is a cool AA missile that would be nice to have, maybe it sucks on close range, but here it is anyway.

JSJ_Bristol_Bloodhound.jpg

BTW...you need 2 of those to shoot down a hind tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Feb. 10 2002,18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the Vulcan and Shilka are too weak AA vehicles, when I see a Vulcan or a Shilka when Im flying a chopper I mostly blow them up instead of them shooting me down. Here is a cool AA missile that would be nice to have, maybe it sucks on close range, but here it is anyway.

JSJ_Bristol_Bloodhound.jpg

BTW...you need 2 of those to shoot down a hind tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My god that thing is big.

1-The AA truck 1 looks really nice, plus devastatin everythin in its path??? Creepy

2-This imobile, deployid 1 looks real fine, but how to use it?

BTW...you need 2 of those to shoot down a hind

that thing would reduce a hind to tinfoil.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2-This imobile, deployid 1 looks real fine, but how to use it?

<span id='postcolor'>

I have no idea smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

that thing would reduce a hind to tinfoil. <span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Silencer @ Feb. 09 2002,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bm-21-image11.jpg

this is wide used vehicle over 50 country use them why shouldn't russia have it?

bm-21-line.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You could use it for bormbardment, i.e. rather than having some random explosion scripts you could actually have a couple of these babys target the area.

I think we don't need another SCUD in the OFP.

Grad could only be used like SCUD I think...

Anyhow.. couple of those would turn an entire villages to dust..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Feb. 10 2002,20:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the Vulcan and Shilka are too weak AA vehicles, when I see a Vulcan or a Shilka when Im flying a chopper I mostly blow them up instead of them shooting me down.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know about Vulkan, but ZSU-23-AAA AKA Shilka...

It is designed to detect and engage aerial targets on long range. I mean it does not require visible contact. It has complex and sophisticated radar and targeting system and in principle intended to shot at target while it doesn't see who is shooting.

Just check indoor of gun target of shilka and check out how much space consumed hatches, levers, gauges an other electronic stuff and add to this Big Drum on top of the turret...

And see that main instrument of Shilka's gunner is actually radar screen and direct aiming through optics is in fact secondary / legacy function. Primary mode is smart computer aided shooting.

In reality it is efficient weapon. Besides, not only against aerial targets.

For me, Vulkan seems just like truck equipped with bigger gun than infantry's machinegun. What actually gunner could see and feel inside Vulkan? How it will detect target?

I would agree if Vulkan's main function would be infantry support like role of enhanced M113, but how to compare Vulkan and Shilka I don't know yet.

Do anyone have pages about M113 Vulkan?

For example, shilka's gun barrels (4 barrels) are liquid cooled.

What about vulkan? And mainly, who is targeting guns in Vulkan? I mean in really existing machines.

The M163 basically consists of an M113 APC fitted with a one-man power-operated turret which has an M61A1 Vulcan six-barrel cannon, gyro lead computing sight and a range-only VPS-2 radar mounted on the right-hand side. The chassis is designated M741 and differs only in minor details from the M113A1, while tha cannon, a development of the standard USAF Vulcan aircraft gun, has two rates fo fire, 1000 and 3000 rounds per minute; the former is used in direct-fire ground role while the later is used for air defence. The gunner cna also select bursts of 10, 30, 60 or 100 rounds and the maximum effective anti-aircraft range is 1600m and maximum ground range is 3000m using M53 AP-T, M54 HPT, M56A3 HEI or HEIT combat rounds. From June 1984 the US army fielded the Product Improved Vulcan Air Defence System (PIVADS), which has an improved fire-control system and the ability to fire new Mk 149 APDS rounds, which increases the effective enguagement range to 2600m against aircraft. The 20mm Vulcan's main drawback is its lack of all-weather capability. It was to be replaced by the Sgt York DIVAD system, but that was cancelled.

Hope I helped...

Jubs

Back to the subject, the BM-21 MRL is a nice bit of kit...but I don't see it as a particularly effecient addon for OFP. It's range is over 11km, meaning whereever it is deployed it's range covers the whole of any of the islands.

The use of the BM-21 by the Soviets was also exesive. The Soviets believed the they had their maximum effect when fired in Battalion Salvos of up to 8 vehicles (some times 18) supporting mortar and artillery teams. In laymans terms that is 320-720 77kg rockets, mortars and artillery shells headed towards one position in a matter of seconds. This would be extreme over-kill for even a game, not to mention the strain that would put on the OFP engine.

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Unl33t @ Feb. 14 2002,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think a SA-8 would be nice<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah as an AA vehicle, or a SA-9 and a towed Rapier for the Americans. I used to think that these weapons would be over-kill for such small islands...but I think their performance could be worked around. Obstructions such as trees, hills, buildings, etc. could loss a lock for example.

Jubs