Sign in to follow this  
smiley nick

Afghanistan Arrives to ArmA

Hey guys,

This is a nice proof of concept but are you planning on taking this further to a proper release? I mean only one texture looks really ugly. Can you actually port over islands from OFP now? Does ArmA handle the OFP texture system?

Regards

BritFrog

Britforg, i do not believe it does.... because if it did...I think it would make things alot simpler, and there would be more islands..

( no ,i dont think so)

Britforg, i do not believe it does.... because if it did...I think it would make things alot simpler, and there would be more islands..

( no ,i  dont think so)

Well with the release of Everon, obviously it does. tounge2.gif I've not tried it yet but this does suggest that i can just port my own islands over. Which is nice.

release a good and fluid Island map and the mission makers will do the rest smile_o.gif

Have good inspirations! inlove.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hi,

i am about to release 1.02 of my island soon and if this is smooth , i will be asking people to make a city using my island and lowfly editor update, after a vote in some forum , the most popular city will be placed on island permanently.

the new island has no lag now so it is good time to add some objects.

deanosbeano .

smile_o.gif

Whats that wrptool about or w/e.

That 1 guy( im sorry, i forget his name) was using it for his Afghani Objects. I bet if youd use that, it would be alot easier.

But in the mean time, i am TRYING to make a City/town thing in the Afghanitsan Island. =)

I downloaded the original map, then installed the files in the addons dir, but i can't see it in the island selection in the editor.

I'm running 1.05 Eng version.

Please help.

Thanks.

are you sure you unpacked all the pbo. files into our addon dir.

And you MIGHT need 1.07 to run this!

why didnt you make 1.05 compatible???

maybe because 1.05 had too many bugs?

this ist the last time i answer on such a question islands are working since the 1.07 patch and not with the 1.05 understand that now.

greetz

this ist the last time i answer on such a question islands are working since the 1.07 patch and not with the 1.05 understand that now.

greetz

I´m playing your Everon Island and others with 1.05 beta huh.gif

Heheh Burns ok ur right it works with 1.05 beta too smile_o.gif

@smiley. You gonna ever finish that South Armagh map?  tounge2.gif

+1 !

it needs alot more changes., change some ground texture to more rockey like insome places mostly on hills and add some desert grass like stuff like this

Quote[/b] ]change some ground texture to more rockey like insome places mostly on hills and add some desert grass like

i thought that myself too.

i think he worked on it some more but i cant find this version , i have 1.02 has he released this version in the video anyone have a link ?

video

It does look more rocky and nice sand but wrong colour of rocks i think.

btw the video you linked is the same island they showed for game2 in czech tv last year, looks like grand canyon .