Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

I guess that would only force you to join a server with a bunch of friends;)

And BTW a 64 player version is I think too large, as most servers can barely hold 32 players on this mission, some even crashing with 16.

The idea of making a special version of Warfare for ACE is certainly interesting though and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Seeing as Warfare currently has even more JIP lagg than Sahrani-life, I think 64 slots is a bit ambitious. But one cant know before one has tried eh? smile_o.gif

The Schmafelden port(that I think you made?) is great though, been playing it in singleplayer for days now, Its much better than in Sahrani.

From what I gathered yesterday, Matt Rochelle is making 64, 32 and 16 player versions of the map for ACE. So no worries. biggrin_o.gif

Still, there are surely ways to optimize the 64 player variant. Since there are so many players in the 64 version, perhaps it would be ok to remove the RACS, so you're just left with the two teams battling it out? That way most AI would be local to the players. If there are less server-controlled AI, server load should be reduced significantly.

Comments?

I guess that would only force you to join a server with a bunch of friends;)

I guess this is meant towards my "revive" comment?

Well, it would force everyone to stay together instead of running of alone.....what you see happen right now in public servers.

Or at least stay together with a few people, so you can revive eachoter.

Unless ofcourse you like to reconnect the whole time.

I know playing with friends is best for the better team play but since I can hardly play at all I just want to jump in any server when I can and have some fun smile_o.gif

Sooo...No more fighting for towns...

Just drivebyes...Hmmm

Well, "no more fighting for towns" wouldn't be entirely correct. Sure, the first phase of the game would be to expand quickly to get as many towns as possible, but with 32 squads per side, I think the fighting would get pretty intense very quickly, even without RACS.

I'd suggest making versions with RACS seperately, for 16 and 32 players. That way you can still have some fun with little players for a fully PvP mission.

Maybe you guys should leave hummers? I have read that army is replacing hummers with MRAPs.

Cheers

Sorry bud but that's not true.

The Schmafelden port(that I think you made?) is great though, been playing it in singleplayer for days now, Its much better than in Sahrani.

Sorry for OT, but: Where can i get this?

edit: nvm, found it smile_o.gif

Sorry for OT, but: Where can i get this?

edit: nvm, found it  smile_o.gif

I want to download it to but everyone keeps on saying "if you played on the GOL server its already on your PC" but I've never played on the GOL server and would rather just download it.

Is this mod going to make the weapons more realalistic like the machineguns take longer load times?

Any news about the MOD??

what are you guys doing now and pherhaps any screens please

Thanks and good luck on your project

just got to page 27 and want to get two questions out:

1) what about the m136? is it reloadable? (i hope not)

2) will the a-10 have a higher survivability? (as in: The aircraft is designed to fly with one engine, one tail, one elevator and half a wing torn off.)

i had a third question, but i forgot it -.-

€: remembered it:

is it possible (and implemented) that the "go prone"-command overrides everything else? cause i hate it when you sit on a roof, reload and get shot cause you can't lie down

is it possible (and implemented) that the "go prone"-command overrides everything else? cause i hate it when you sit on a roof, reload and get shot cause you can't lie down

You should always get in cover before reloading. The "can't move while reloading" is intentional. It teaches you to be more careful. smile_o.gif

You should always get in cover before reloading. The "can't move while reloading" is intentional. It teaches you to be more careful. smile_o.gif

No, it isn't. It's an animation/engine limitation in ArmA1. If it was truly "intentional", the fix for it would not be touted as an improvement in ArmA2.

ok, what about you get in cover on a roof, with 2 feet of concrete between you and the known enemy and the next 100% cover 5 minutes run away.

imo it's kind of decent cover, good enough to risk a reload, so you grab your empty m136 (oh, i hate this) and want to reload. and just when you pressed the button some jerk comes around a corner 50 metres away from you that was supposed to be covered by a squad that has been annihilated by a grenade.

in real life you would drop the tube (ok, you wouldn't even have the tube in real life) and hit the roof (even tho it's on fire).

in arma you get shot and die.

In my experience i tend to hit F as soon as i have

fired a M136..That changes the current weapon

to the previous. If you had karbine in hand then it

would change to karbine. It doesent change as fast

as i would like, but sometimes you make it and some

times you dont.

I dont whant the M136 to be reloadable. It is a FAF

weapon and should be so in game aswell..

RPG is reloadeble in RL as should be in game. If we want

a reloadeble AT weapon we should use the Carl-Gustaf

(GRG in swe) or some other ReL AT weapon...

SMAW would be a good one to replace AT4

Both USMC and US Army issue them

(Not as common as AT4 in US Army)

I did a SMAW model for ACE, which will eventually make its way into the mod - though I can't guarantee it will be in the beta release.

I did a SMAW model for ACE, which will eventually make its way into the mod - though I can't guarantee it will be in the beta release.

Cool, will it have a spotting rifle?

There was some discussion about this. Right now, its planned but I'm just a 3d/2d artist. I don't know what's involved with getting it to work in the game smile_o.gif

in real life you would drop the tube (ok, you wouldn't even have the tube in real life) and hit the roof (even tho it's on fire).

in arma you get shot and die.

You quite really would have tube on your hand in reality if you choose to use another AT4 your having. AT-launchers are not yet so advanced that they get armed, directed to target and launched without hands of human. icon_rolleyes.gif

Unability to interupt animations is another matter, but that is engine limitation.