Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Environment

and now what is the wip progress i mean % please :P

Check how many times they've said they do not know when it will be finished. With that said, how in the hell can they actually give a WIP %? Then, how could they give you an honest assessment of the actual %? It's probably safe to say that things change, get added, maybe dropped, people leave, PC's bust and on and on and on....

Just wait... wink_o.gifwhistle.gifpistols.gifyay.gifwelcome.gif

Hi guys.

I've really been searching around all the webpages - reading what i can about ACE and it really seems great.

But I am kind of confused - will ACE feature only gameplay/realism features (like ECS) or will it also feature new units, vehicles and such?

I know there is much talk about WGL - > ACE, but unfortunately I've never played WGL.

Aaaand finally - what about ECS compatibility ? whistle.gif

ACE is a standalone MOD.

It does feature a lot of realistic/gameplay changes, as well as new units and vehicles as well. I'm not gonna go in details here though.

Regarding ECS compatibility...i am uncertain atm, someone else from ACE might answer you that better than me.

But tbh, i don't think you will need ECS anymore since all or most of the features you see in ECS are gonna be covered in ACE, in one form or the other.

Well,i have heard that LoyalGuard has script for assigning sides for voices.What about making independent addon about it?

Woah! That's how a CAR-L is supposed to look! ow just a yummy CAR-H with it and... <drools>

The H is underdevelopment via collaboration with Dasquade. I'm just trying to get it done in time for the impending initial release - otherwise we'll have to settle for the old version which isn't quite as nice as the newness.

Quote[/b] ]Well,i have heard that LoyalGuard has script for assigning sides for voices.What about making independent addon about it?

Could you answer my question,please?

Sorry, I made a complete arse of posting this, Double post's and in the wrong thread, however here it is, hopefully in the correct thread this time.

Would it be possible to implement Tac signs into this MOD at some point in the future ? Would it be desirable ?

By TAC signs I'm referring to the symbols normally found on the doors and trunks of military vehicles to identify units.

The reason I ask, while playing, especially with no name tags enabled and restricted views, trying to establish who is who, and particularly for those in command, can be a lesson in frustration. Teamwork, the very essence of a good multiplayer game often descends into chaos as missions proceed. Who's that ? Why are they there ? Am I in the right team,  I'm supposed to link up with Alpha, where the hell are they? It's not difficult following the white circle for the FT leader but trying to establish if the group or vehicle on your left is actually the team your Squad leader has told you to support can often become frustrating and confusing.

Because ARMA lacks the small subtleties that would normally identify someone or something ( Oh, thats so and so, I could tell him a mile away just by the way he walks ) I would desperately like to see the possibility of having TAC sign like identifiers linked into the player role selection screen, but lack the skill and time to implement it.

The way I would see it working would be each fire team would have a symbol i.e "^" or ">"  if more than one squad is involved then possibly color coded, FT leaders would possibly have a bar underneath to denote such.  This would be seen in game by a small patch on an arm and maybe on helmets if worn, on each of the players. On entering a vehicle this symbol would also appear on the doors and trunk, the symbol of the highest rank taking precedence ( Oh, that's the striker I'm supposed to get in).

I appreciate the A.C.E mod is about about realism, but I also understand that you take game play into account. ARMA has worked well enough without a MOD as described but I feel something along these lines might just add to improving command and control without being unrealistic and without being too complex to understand.

Paragraph breaks are awesome.

Damacles such big "colored TAC signs" would be a step into arcade gameplay. Sorry but next time you will ask for signs (eg stars) above the units/vehicles if they got more experience? Keep in mind such "colored TAC signs" will be recognized by your opponent too wink_o.gif

Better training missions for team/squad leaders and grunts solves this confusion:

Quote[/b] ]Who's that ? Why are they there ? Am I in the right team, I'm supposed to link up with Alpha, where the hell are they?

You need a bit time to get fireteams organized and trained but thats worth. Lets see if A.C.E. is making some kind of little demo missions where we can see and learn about differences & features.

[ QUOTE ]  Damacles such big "colored TAC signs" would be a step into arcade gameplay.

Maybe, maybe not!

First and foremost, they're used by real armies in the real world, possibly under slightly different circumstances i.e vehicles only, but they still think they're useful, and for very much the same reasons as we find ourselves facing in ARMA.

Even with VOIP  and teamspeak, establishing that the person you want to speak to, is in fact the person in front of you, is not always easy. The real deal use them on vehicles so that they can get a good idea who a vehicle belongs to and that they're doing the right thing in the right place when, like in ARMA, you can't speak to them directly or as in our case because of the limitations of computing you can't tell which animated sprite is in fact doing the talking.

Secondly, they wouldn't need to be overly big (shoulder patch) and the colors, if used, could be muted so they wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb. Numbers or letters would be just as valid if not as easy to identify. (just because a vehicle has red tail lights doesn't mean they stand out, unless turned on of course)    

Thirdly, they would only be useful to the opposition if they are listening in on enemy communications so as to link movement orders with particular groups, just as in real life.

I understand where you are coming from about the danger of implementing tacky TAC signs, but if done in very much the way the military does it, subdued arm and helmet patches for combat kit and copies of the real thing on vehicles, then I don't think it would detract from the realism side of things. As for the individual identifiers (shoulder and helmet patches), they wouldn't need to be legible from more than about 20 yards, if not less.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

humvee6.jpg

CG-CC60103_01_lrg.gif

200310066a.jpg

New ACE-Mod forums is here by the way:

Link Removed.

Regards, Christian

Regards, Christian

Mr.g-c - it is not your place to post such things. Remove it, please. We'll announce it when we're ready, and not before. Use some judgment next time.

Regards, Christian

Mr.g-c - it is not your place to post such things. Remove it, please. We'll announce it when we're ready, and not before. Use some judgment next time.

Ohh sorry... didn't knew it was still a secret because it was officially announced in the old forums....

Regards, Christian

Update: CAR H (MK17) with functioning dual role Elcan Specter (illuminated cqb optic and 4x magnification).

mk17tm4.jpg

Nice work.

scubaman3D i know you have good info about all models that you are working on and i also know I haven't reply in the correct ACE thread but about this model is it the picture angle or your weapon looks a little compact and a bit 'big/fat'.. (maybe its the angle)

Is it 1:1 scale comparing to the soldier?

MK17_02.jpg

<ul>

Video 2

theres something not right..

Scale is probably right, but ArmA units are kinda small.

A group of community modders once gathered somewhere on these forums and started to elaborate how tall ArmA units really are.

iirc they agreed on a size of 1.65m - taking this into account the scale might look right again biggrin_o.gif

The weapons (MK16/17) should be in good proportion, at least lenght/height ratio...and if i can trust my reference material i used. Not sure about its thickness, but shouldn't be that much off.

As for the overall scale, i used the availible facts on the net and got confirmation of an airsoft build. So i dought my models are that wrong of porportions...i hope.

The eclan in the pic could indeed be a bit to big (afaik Jackal once pointed out and fixed it in his use).

Quote[/b] ]Scale is probably right, but ArmA units are kinda small.

A group of community modders once gathered somewhere on these forums and started to elaborate how tall ArmA units really are.

iirc they agreed on a size of 1.65m - taking this into account the scale might look right again biggrin_o.gif

Hm, if i open the BISsoldier sample and measure it height (without boots and helmet) it comes slightly under 1.80m, so more or less the average height of an adult human, so don't know where the problem is.

Personally i think it all fits though. Keep in mind in your provided pic (bravo) the stock isn't in its shortest position and imho the hands of the operator look pretty bigger then what the arma units have. Well actually i think the hands ingame could would need to be a bit lowered (trigger finguer isn't on the lower part of the trigger), but most importantly....in rl the hands tissue will 'flatten' out around the grip witch give the impression the gamemodel grip looks longer.

Just my 50cent (trying to coever my ass tounge2.gif ).

Nice bipod stock scuba, but you forgot the leggs of it? (maybe different model or pic though). And like said, if possible please include the surefire M900. Like said, it might look bad regarding the players hand position, but the more models come out with it....hopefully BIS will one day implant a fix for it (and make it usefull) whistle.gif .

hehe, we all have to agree there are a strange scale between the human and the weapon.

If the original models are too 'short' and not much realistic, should we use normal and realistic models for weapons or should we resize these to ARMA unit models?

IMO i think we should resize the wepons to the unit models.

Anyway, top work m8! smile_o.gif

Nice bipod stock scuba, but you forgot the leggs of it? (maybe different model or pic though). And like said, if possible please include the surefire M900. Like said, it might look bad regarding the players hand position, but the more models come out with it....hopefully BIS will one day implant a fix for it (and make it usefull) whistle.gif .

Ha! you caught me! I do have the legs but chopped them off because I wasn't too happy with the way it looked. I thought I could just pass it off as the "retracted" form of the grip-pod.

yeah, considering that Ghost Recon 1 had this ability back nearly 10 years ago - you'd think that games these days would as well...