Sign in to follow this  
victor26

Stuck in Free Look in Multiplayer

Is anyone else getting stuck in Free Look mode? Has happened to me twice now. My * key will not take me out nor will double tapping whatever other key is the default (Can't remember off hand). I'm stuck looking around with my head and have no control over my gun anymore.

So far this has only happened to me in multiplayer, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If I remember correctly, both times it happened I died while in my Gear screen looking at my inventory and I was not even in Free Look mode at the time. The only way to fix it was to disconnect from the server and come back in that I have found.

None of my friends have the game yet so I haven't been able to try reproducing it. I guess I can set a satchel charge to 30 seconds and blow myself up while in the gear screen, but I'm at work at the moment. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else and if this is known or not. They can't fix bugs if they don't know about them.

Thanks all.

enter/exit a vehicle to fix it.

It seems somewhat related to that. I've had it several times myself.

Hi Victor26

I have this happen to me with a laptop with seperate keyboard. Try pressing the number lock key wink_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

It happens to me and my mates alot. Very frustrating. Most times we have to disconnect and rejoin to get it to go away. Can't wait for this one to be fixed.

I never tried getting into a vehicle. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the info. I'm playing on a desktop so I think the * key is the * key with or without the numlock on, but I'll give that a try also. Hopefully they know about it or they read it here so they can get it fixed. It's not life or death (well in the game maybe) but it is pretty annoying on maps with long load times or maps with few/no vehicles if that works.

Thanks all!

This only happened to me ONCE in the demo on CTI... it turned out it was something to do with dying in a vehicle.. but since then its never happened..

Used to happen for me in Evo, always triggered by trying to get into a vehicle. I usually found I had to disconnect and rejoin to get rid of it.

Since using the patchs I havent noticed it ..... but it could be a cooincidence

Gnat @ May 18 2007,01:49)]Used to happen for me in Evo, always triggered by trying to get into a vehicle. I usually found I had to disconnect and rejoin to get rid of it.

Since using the patchs I havent noticed it ..... but it could be a cooincidence

Like I said, yeah. It's a bug with vehicles. Usually, getting into another vehicle, then exiting, will fix it.