Sign in to follow this  
81scribner

blue screen... memory dump...ugh

Hello,

First, apologies if this is repetitive. I tried to do a search and couldn't find a solution. if there is, just link me to the page and I am happy.

Here are my specs:

nvidia geforce go 6800

1.25 gb ram

1.73 gh processor

Windows XP

ARMA USA version

My problem:

The game works great... I can load set it on fairly high graphic settings and it is smooth, no problem. The problem occurs when I exit the game. When I do it goes blue screen, telling me that there was a serious error, windows has to shut down and I get a memory dump, which forces me to restart.

any ideas?

is there anything written on the blue screen? Like perhaps a file that caused the error, or some memory address.

It seems weird because it's at the end. Could you also tell what driver version you have for your GPU?

Yes, this is what happens when I exit Arma...

First I get an error message that reads:

"arma.exe application error

The Instruction at "0x7c9122ac" referenced memory at 0xffffffffc. The memory could not be read. Click Ok to terminate the program"

When I click ok I get the blue screen which reads:

"PFN_List_Corrupt

Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing...

Stop: 0x0000000ye (0x0000099, 0x00ff....)" with a bunch of numbers and 0's and letters

A memory dump then ends the blue screen and I have to restart.

As for my video card driver... I got my computer back in august 05 (Dell inspiron) and haven't updated the video card since then so it is probably the newest driver at that point

http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=334

Driver problem someplace

If you haven't updated your drivers since 2005 then this is probably the reason you are getting problems with newer software that drives it harder. BIS work with driver manufacturers to get THEIR drivers fixed ffs, so - go get latest drivers m8.

That article also reckons that bad RAM (or overheating) can cause this error too.

Perhaps your machine needs a spring-clean, or less overclocking or better ventilation.

p.s. I have been getting a 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' error blue screen occasionally - finally tracked it down to the Alcatel drivers (8mb-type) - have installed the normal (up to 4mb) ones and it's fine now, ->without the registry tweak for isochronous, not even gonna try trusting it with that switched on.

Figured out the problem.... just in case anyone has a similar issue.

in short, it was my utterly outdated video card driver. if you are playing on a laptop and things are messed up, you may need, as has been noted on these boards, to update your video card... unfortunately, at least in many instances, for some reason invidia doesn't provide updated drivers that work on laptops. so, go to

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

They provide modified nvidia and other drivers that will work on laptops. updated the driver and the graphics were even smoother than before and more details popped out. I am such a newbie to computer stuff that I never realized how important updating one's driver is.