Sign in to follow this  
GefrManny

Progress Bars

Hi everyone,

I'm a little bit confused by the progress bar dialog control. Creating and adding one isn't exactly my problem, but I wonder how to actually use it. I was unable to find a function that lets me set/move the progress bar's current progress. Has anyone worked with this control and wants to share experience?

-- Manny

The progress bar never worked in OFP. I fear it may be the same problem here in ArmA.

[EDIT] In my older dialogs, I built my own progress bar control using a standard text field. What I did was set the text and highlight to the same color. You could then create a box and use spaces to make it appear to fill across.

Afaik progress bars are controlled by "hardcode" wink_o.gif

That's what I feared, when I saw all those "external reference" remarks in the decompiled config.bin files :-(

Ah well, I'll just add it to the endless list of the ArmA feature requests tracker then.

Using the new command ctrlSetPosition, you can easily emulate a progress bar with a plain old colored background control. Lets say you want the progress bar at screen position _x,_y with fixed height _h and a full width _w, you can display a progress bar with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_ctrl ctrlSetPosition[_x,_y,_progress*_w,_h];

_ctrl ctrlCommit 0.0

where _progress is a number between 0.0 and 1.0. Using a different commit time other than 0, you can also animate the bar.

I'm aware of that, but thanks smile_o.gif

I was just trying to get behind the secrets of the progress bar itself for the Biki, which lacks some information about dialogs.

In ofp a squad mate managed to get a progress bar in a mission called "Rescue RaH". Never investigated how he managed to do it, but i will ask him.

Edit: Ok ive talk to him and he told me it was done by hint. I guess the same principle could be applyed to a dialog.

Edit2: He replyed.

i use something like this to display a progress from 100% > 0%

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit = _this select 0

_i = 100

_b = 0.5

#start

Hint Format ["Downloading %1 ", _i]

#loop

? _i < 0:Hint "Download Complete"; Exit

_i = _i - 1

~_b

goto "start"

You could use the RSC to display a bar at every 10% completed.