Sign in to follow this  
Chip360

ArmA shipped May 1st to be sold in Stores (*NOT)

Hey,

OK, I know Atari has a downloadable copy of armed assault, and also a boxed copy that they will ship you, but they also said that the game would be shipped to stores may 1st. Well its been well over two weeks and NO ONE has it for sale here in California. What's the deal? Is this an internet exclusive game or something? Does anyone know of any stores (Other than ATARI) that carry Armed Assault Combat. Op?

Hey Chip-

goto your local WAL-MART

i heard they have it

Your right, they have it, but its Online only... not a physical retail shelfed version

Go to gamestops website and see if there is a location near you, mine had been delayed one day due to flooding near it so the delivery could not be made.

But I haven't seen it at wal-mart until just this last weekend.

Thankyou! I have one store (out of the 7-8 stores around me in a 10 mile radius) that has it! Im going to go jump on my bike right now and when I come back Ill have the us version smile_o.gif

I got my copy at an EB but they had very few of them in stock. I don't think they expect it to sell well.

I've seen ArmA in walmart in Lincoln, Nebraska on Monday, 14 May.

They had 3 copies on shelf.

i got my hard copy from EB-Games.

funnything.. i had to ask for it at the counter, it wasnt out on display at all... they had it all locked in a back room.. took them a few min to find them... what the hell is going on?

they had a bunch of physical copies at BestBuy in midtown manhattan.

i suppose things are still different out west...

I went to the EBGames store down the street from me.  Did not see it on the shelves; "Do you have Armed Assault?"

"What what?"

"Armed Assault.  Or ArmA Combat Operations is another way to say it."

She checked the computer and they had none in stock (even when their website said they did)

Ehh, so screw it.  I just came home and downloaded it from Atari's website.  To hell with stores.

i got my hard copy from EB-Games.

funnything.. i had to ask for it at the counter, it wasnt out on display at all... they had it all locked in a back room.. took them a few min to find them... what the hell is going on?

Same here. Most of the EB/Gamestop's (Same company owns them) in my area got 3 copies each...May 11th. 2 stores I went to didn't even have it displayed.

There is an explination though. They have a new policy about putting merchandise on the sales floor. So, they may just not have taken the disk out and put out an empty box for it yet. However...it supposed to be for stuff over $49.99

Who knows, kinda hard to get sales if nobody see's it though confused_o.gif

It's probably some shady deal with Codemasters. huh.gif

I wouldn't doubt it, not after seeing the stunt CM has pulled with "ofp2" originally we saw it was going to be a vietnam based game, then they pull this ****.

Oh well, hope you have it, for some reason the guy at gamestop I called and asked said they have it, but its amusing because when I asked him for "Armed Assault" he said "Combat Operations".

I was almost wanting to ask him if he visits a website or the forums.

I also saw about four copies there, then again they had four copies of everything on display, small shelves.

It's available in a number of stores in Singapore, in fact some stores are even displaying posters for it, sure they're only A3/A4 but it's a start! smile_o.gif

I picked up my copy at Best Buy in Denver this past weekend.....it seems Best Buy has it

Yeah I had to pick mine up at Best Try as well as no one else physically has it.

BTW, Best Try's online pickup sux. I got there about 30mins after receiving the email that it was ready. They still had to go to the floor to get it. I waited about 10-15mins when I coulda went to the shelf, taken it to the register, checked out and been in my car in about 5mins. I do not recommend the service.