Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

2nd Beta 1.07.5157 feedback thread

So in the end after 16 pages....is it worth installing this Beta patch or not???

If you have a 8xxxx nvidia card... definetly.

Unless you have the US (Atari) version of the game, in that case it won't even start...

Well thats an inaccurate statement if ever I've read one on these forums, and I have read a lot of them on here. Just because YOU have issues, which could for all anyone knows be hardware related or due to a third party addon confliction, not necessarily be due to the 1.07 BETA Patch, doesn't mean to say EVERYONE who has the US/Atari version will definately have issues. I've played MP games with a lot of Americans running the Atari version using the 1.07 BETA Patch and the worst they've reported is the occasional crash (more due to the CPU intensity of the Evolution mission we've played after 3 hours), and the rare graphical artifacts similar to those reported a few posts previously by Törni.

There is nothing inaccurate about what I wrote. I never said the 1.07 beta doesn't work with the Atari ESD version -- I'm running that myself. This thread is specifically about the second 1.07 beta.

If you install the second beta on a system running the original V1.07 beta applied to a Atari ESD version, you will not be able to start the game because it will require reactivation. The license key from the original purchase does not work with the updated beta, and Atari/Softwrap will not assist with this problem.

Atari even sent out e-mail to registered users advising them not to install the public beta, probably because they got innundated with reactivation requests. I didn't save the message, but I received it not 24 hours after trying to activate the second beta.

still on the bug issues of 1.07 hotfix, it seems that its not only the joystick controls that are problematic, key bindings are also well bugged, i.e: i delete all instances of TABS in controls "next target" and reassign ENTER as next target key, deleting the ENTER "USE" function as well, so i can assign teamspeak push to talk to key TABS,so, in game, settings appear as i set them, but Arma insists on not recognizing the Enter button as it says in Arma Controls, reverting to the non assigned TABS (and i swear it says ENTER), this is a problem, to say the least.