Sign in to follow this  
Monkwarrior

wanted: ingame admin menu

Gents,

Having many missions on our server it is becoming difficult to do the normal admin tasks while being ingame. Is there any ingame menu which lets admins do their thing ?

Like changing maps for instance or kicking players etc.

The console is not the easiest way IMO.

Monk.

You have discoverd the shortcommings of the woefully inadequade admin functions in the game. I believe Nutty101 is developing some sort of remote admin tool so you dont need to be logged into the game at all to admin it. But I dont think thats ready for release yet.

As far as I can see, all ArmaTech's program does is make a GUI to write the server config file for you. While it's useful to an extent, it's not even close to what the original poster asked for.

You have discoverd the shortcommings of the woefully inadequade admin functions in the game. I believe Nutty101 is developing some sort of remote admin tool so you dont need to be logged into the game at all to admin it. But I dont think thats ready for release yet.

Sadly enough it's not. I am getting closer and trying to get several items working well but my days are not open that much. Got a 1 year old, another due in just 3 weeks and a rather demanding job. heh, though progress is there i promise.

Just incase you are curious what it will do here is a screen cap of telnet to it. I decided not to due a true telnet session as some people are going to be using php to communicate with the program for gui front ends.

Oh yeah, some of the commands are not on the menus as of yet. But it will do IP Bans (A kick in some methods), list users in the game along with keys. The chat commands will also let you monitor the games chatting. So you can pretty much just turn on the chat monitors and watch the game chatter live.

Menu's of commands it supports.

I didn't mean to post whore this topic. Sorry about that. As for the ingame menu there isn't one and until the game gets scripting commands to kick or other admin features were up a creek. Would be nice.

What this game needs is a Wolfrat!!

Desktop icon where you can see all that is happening within your server/s, without being in the game itself...........

As at the mo Admins have to be in game to see what is happening, even then you are constantly admining stuff, without even touching/playing the game...... confused_o.gifmad_o.gif

Great lil instrument but sadly not involved within ARMA.....  mad_o.gif

It's about time Bohemia looked at this situation.

Worlfrat was designed for one game and that game only from what i know. I highly doubt it will be made for this game. The problem being that way to many processes are not on the server and you cannot control them. There might be a point that we get something better. I think it was Kronzky that pointed us to OGP. This is really what should be done. Until then we just have to write our own apps to manage the servers. I have been thinking of a UDP proxy to manage the chats and do in-game booting/commands but i am not sure how well that would work in the end.