Sign in to follow this  
Exsosus

Advanced Combat Element

welcome.gif

I'm creating this topic for the much anticipated Advanced Combat Element from the makers of Wargames League from the old Operation Flashpoint. Advanced Combat Element (ACE) should redefine combat in ArmA, much like the Wargames Leauge (WGL) MOD did in Operation Flashpoint.

Post more on this topic please when more news arrives for this MOD!

I can't wait for ACE! Is there an official website where we can find more info on it?

I can't wait for ACE! Is there an official website where we can find more info on it?

According to Dslyecxi, a knowledgeable ArmA person, there is no official web site up yet. It's still being built. Can't wait!!

thumbs-up.gif

My desire to play Arma has just increased 500%

Music to my ears guys...I can't wait to see Arma as it should be. yay.gif

Hey guys...I notice a lot of buzz about this mod...can someone tell me what it will do for ArmA? Also what was the major change in OFP that made it so good?

Dear Moderator,

Will you please move this Advanced Combat Element package to the MOD's in progress category? I'm new to the community of forums here and it didn't occur to me that this topic should be there, and not here. This is not a mission! This is a MOD.

Much thanks,

Exsosus

Judging by the awesome features of ACE that Dslyexci mentioned in his TTP manual, I'm really looking forward to this mod. WGL for OFP was a whole new game, pretty much creating the realistic atmosphere that I think BIS were trying to accomplish in the first place. Let's just pray that ACE lives up to/surpasses it's predecessor. biggrin_o.gif

The mod's title is not "Advanced Combat Element", it's "Advanced Combat Environment".

The mod's title is not "Advanced Combat Element", it's "Advanced Combat Environment".

Ahem! According to Dslyecxi, a knowledgeable ArmA person... On his web site here, the title is as I earlier called it. I'm not going to argue. It's not in my nature. It just looks as if some one needs to reference material properly, especially to his own website.

Take care.

Ahem! According to Dslyecxi, a knowledgeable ArmA person... On his web site here, the title is as I earlier called it. I'm not going to argue. It's not in my nature. It just looks as if some one needs to reference material properly, especially to his own website.

Take care.

I dont get it

I clicked your linky and it says exactly as Dslyecxi stated, Advanced Combat Environment

huh.gif

Take care.

You had a brain fart right Exsosus ?

Take care.

Do you even check who you reply to?

yeah, teach that Dslyecxi guy a lesson about Dslyecxi biggrin_o.gif

OK now I'm angry!

Quote: "I also hope also that everyone who reads this gives the Advanced Combat Element mod for Armed Assault a shot when it comes out. "ACE" is the successor to "Wargames League", and I anticipate that it will redefine combat in ArmA the same way that WGL did in OFP."

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

OK now I'm angry!

Quote: "I also hope also that everyone who reads this gives the Advanced Combat Element mod for Armed Assault a shot when it comes out. "ACE" is the successor to "Wargames League", and I anticipate that it will redefine combat in ArmA the same way that WGL did in OFP."

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

It's probably a typo.. nothing to get wound up about.

Quote[/b] ]Advanced Combat Environment () is a mod in progress for Armed Assault that is being done by the core crew that was responsible for the excellent Wargames League (WGL) mod for Operation Flashpoint (OFP). This will undoubtably become the primary mod that Shack Tactical uses in the future - the level of enjoyable realism present in WGL was second-to-none and redefined how we played, and ACE appears set to take this even further.

After reading through Dslyecxi's web site shown just above, I realize he might have called it two different titles. Would be nice if one of us could confirm the official title, and either I, or someone else can create the official title in the MOD's in progress section of this ArmA forum.

I don't know if the moderators are reading this forum from my last request...

I need someone else to post the real name to it. After reading the following, I'm going to hold on create a new topic if the first name Advanced Combat Element is still true:

Dslyecxi wrote:

It's the best OFP mod ever and is what we've been playing for the last nine months or so. The ArmA version of it, Advanced Combat Element, is almost certainly going to be our primary ArmA mod once it gets released.

http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?id=13984492

I cannot find any other references for Advanced Combat Enivronment besides Dslyecxi's website. If Advanced Combat Environment is the correct name, myself, or someone else will I'll create a new topic for it in the MOD's in progress section of the ArmA forum.

Dslyecxi, are these just typos man?

Thanks

Well typos can happen when typing articles at the size of 60 thousand words, hell I can't even string together a small sentence without several typos.. oh and let's not forget that Dslyecxi wrote it wink_o.gif hehe

EDIT: Typo rofl.gif

why dont we all just call it ACE? biggrin_o.gif

well, enviroment is mentioned about 10 times on his site, element once. i guess its a typo.

and since mr. d himself said here its enviroment...

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet"

smile_o.gif

Regardless of the name..

Can anyone briefly describe this mod? I can't find anything on it and i'm curious as to what it's all about. Does it modify AI behaviours at all?

ROFL..this guys great....many thx biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ahem! According to Dslyecxi, a knowledgeable ArmA person... On his web site here, the title is as I earlier called it. I'm not going to argue. It's not in my nature. It just looks as if some one needs to reference material properly, especially to his own website.

There was one typo in the guide (which was just corrected) where it was called "Element". The main section title is clearly "Advanced Combat Environment". The mod's name is "Advanced Combat Environment".

@Exsosus - I don't understand how you managed to get so worked up over this. Common sense, as applied by others in the thread, shows what the truth of the matter is. There was a typo, and since you went off of said typo instead of any of the other references to the mod in the guide, the topic of this post is now incorrect. I don't care if you change it or start a new one or whatever, I just came here to correct the mistake.

There was one typo in the guide (which was just corrected) where it was called "Element". The main section title is clearly "Advanced Combat Environment". The mod's name is "Advanced Combat Environment".

@Exsosus - I don't understand how you managed to get so worked up over this. Common sense, as applied by others in the thread, shows what the truth of the matter is. There was a typo, and since you went off of said typo instead of any of the other references to the mod in the guide, the topic of this post is now incorrect. I don't care if you change it or start a new one or whatever, I just came here to correct the mistake.

It's a cultural reason. Us Swedish dudes can be known to be a bit hard-edged at times. Thanks for clarifying. My apologies to anyone who thought I went a bit far on this.

I'm going to start a new title in the MOD's in progress section soon, called Advanced Combat Environment

See you all there!

smile_o.gif

Thanks

Greetings,

I am one of the core ACE developers. It is Environment.

ACE, in short, is a complete conversion for ArmA which will bring with it a much more complete and in-depth package to bring ArmA much closer to a simulation (as opposed to a game). That being said, we also understand that the average use is playing ArmA/ACE to enjoy a tactical first person shooter which emphasizes real world vehicles, weapons, and tactics. We know the average ArmA user is not interested in setting the timing on 0.50 Cal M2 machine gun. However, we also understand the value of having a game/simulation which really places the focus on infantry tactics, combined arms, and realistic weapons and vehicle characteristics.

You can expect to see a complex mess of realism and gameplay. It will NOT be for everyone. I don't even think it will be for the majority of ArmA players (based on the response WGL got in OFP). It requires people to think and act tactically and in an effective team. Rambos need not apply.

I will most more specific information in the coming weeks (as I am almost on vacation).

Semper Fi