Sign in to follow this  
jkandjdk

need help with my first try at editing

I'm doing a mission and I want to set up a trigger that when my forces get down to 40%, they call for air support and planes will come.

I figured out the radio calls, but can figure out how to get them to call when forces are low. for exampple..say I have 10 troops and i lose 7 of them. a trigger would call for reinforcements, but how do i set up the trigger for a certain amount.

also, how can i keep reinforcements away until they're called..then have them roll in. Hope i made a little sense.

I think you bit off way more than you can chew for a first try at editing. Everything you want to do requires scripting not triggers.

No, I think this is a pretty good one to work at. By the time you get it working you will understand scripting much better. Sorry I cannot help you right now, but I have to go. I am sure there are plenty of people on here that will help you. I suggest saving all you scripts in a folder to reuse. GTG

Its easy to call renforcments when low on inf. Put a trigger in that calls the renforcements then put this in the trigger thislist<3 When the number of troops reaches less than 3 the trigger will fire. so if u have 20 men and u want it to fire when theres 5 simply change the value.

As for keeping the troops away, you can put all their waypoints down then use the trigger with the thislist command and sync it to the 1st waypoint, when it fires the troops will role in

i would put the condition as (Count thislist)<3 - Activated by the enemy.

This way it will only count the enemy and not all the units in that area.

BuhBye - Thats not a very encouraging reply for someone is it? Especially as it's pretty much complete crap.

JK - Look at sync'ing triggers to waypoints to control the reinforcements. Its not entirely clear from your initial post, but I'm guessing you are not going to need to trigger the radio call, you want it to automatically happen when your forces are down to 40%? IF that's so, you don't need radio triggers at all. Just use a normal trigger, and in the condition field put thislist<3 as suggested before. Make the trigger activated by your side of course. In the activation field, you can experiment with the sidechat/groupchat functions, to get the radio message you want to display, "We need reinforcements..NOW" or whatever.

You don't need scripts, but you could do it that way. Its probably a better learning curve to use the triggers first though, as you'll someday need to know that as well.

Enjoy, and good luck.