Sign in to follow this  
-MAKO-Hybrid

Antonov-An124

Is anything happening with this great addon? Did it get abandoned already?

yah....

ive been patiently waiting for this babey to come out...and I havent recieved word of any update yet !

sad_o.gif

lol.

looks kool

but those paratroopers are probably going to be a bit to spread out to do much damage! :P

Antonov is ukrainian contruction bureau.Plane was design in soviet times.Ukraine have more bigger plane based on an-124 - an-225 "Mriya(ukrainian)" (Dream)

I hope that an-124 for AA will be soon)

wld427

Please refrain from digging out old threads just asking for any news or updates.

sorry i dint read the part in the rules where i am not allowed to ask about sombodys project

haha, nice

well, im not here to cause any trouble mods, but I too am curious as to the development of the Antonov An124, it used to be one of the ones I awaited with most anticipation.

Please refrain from digging out old threads just asking for any news or updates.

Old threads ! ..... its 2 months old ..... at the release rate of ArmA updates and the tools I'd consider 2 months "young".

Gnat @ Dec. 01 2007,20:42)]

Old threads ! ..... its 2 months old ..... at the release rate of ArmA updates and the tools I'd consider 2 months "young".

Sept Oct Nov Dec = 4 months wink_o.gif

Even still, it's JUST under four months, which still makes it okay, according to the rules :P

Abs

Gnat @ Dec. 01 2007,20:42)]

Sept Oct Nov Dec = 4 months wink_o.gif

Even still, it's JUST under four months, which still makes it okay, according to the rules :P

Abs

sep 9 - oct 9 = 1 month

oct 9- nov 9= 1 month

nov 9th - Dec - 1 = just under a month,

total: almost 3 months; NOT "JUST under 4 months"

People tend to get so damn anal around here some times, I understand there are rules and regulations in place to keep some type of order on the server, but some people get much too caught up in all the freaking codes and forget about the purpose of the forum altogether....

Someone needs to chill out, and loosen up if you ask me; I hope there isnt a rule about me giving my own opinion, or a rule against me posting against a moderator, or other member, and expressing how I feel, and if there is,

then BAN ME

I believe strongly in the Armed Assault community, I am here to learn more about the game, and it's engine, and to keep up to tabs on some of the community projects and mods being worked on out there, to make Armed Assault, the best game I have ever played, even better. This forums is such a great place! It is where we can all come together to express our likes and dislikes about the game, help each other with performance issues, and organize and release new content. It doesnt stop there, we have a section for the mission-makers, a section for the scripters, and even a section for various clans and squads. This is such a great resource, and it's what keeps me comming back day after day,

but in my previous experiences here, I have seen some pretty silly things, this being one of them....

the frustration is when you see threads like Cameron's ACU in the release section get bumped every 6 hours with people asking for updates, the author will update when they feel there is something to update about.

the frustration is when you see threads like Cameron's ACU in the release section get bumped every 6 hours with people asking for updates, the author will update when they feel there is something to update about.

Whats its really about (and now we ARE OT) is being reasonable ..... I don't mind my threads being bumped from time to time.

Better than seeing a new thread "Has anyone seen / Is anyone working ....."

On Topic, I noticed with my An12 that the addition of walkable cargo areas caused the old "0 Altitude" display bug .... thats going to be a PITA for cargo planes all over.

It might be better to PM whoever is resposible for the Addon, rather than bumping someone elses active thread, off the front page?

Quote[/b] ]On Topic, I noticed with my An12 that the addition of walkable cargo areas caused the old "0 Altitude" display bug .... thats going to be a PITA for cargo planes all over.

Yeah, also the way Arma draws objects and transparent textures, when viewing them inside a walkable cargo space.

PMing the author defeats the purpose of the forum. If i PM the author and he decides to respond, how will anybody else know what is going on. The next thing you know all we will have is a list of addons and who is working on them. That will result in nobody knowing anything about the addon once the authors mailbox is full due to them getting sick of answering the same question over and over and over......

Quote[/b] ]If i PM the author and he decides to respond, how will anybody else know what is going on.

In that case you can post his responce on the forum.

I take it your suggesting it's ok to drag up every dead thread on the forums then? I wonder how many there are?

WOW glad to see everybody is being so realistic here.... quit being so uptight and let me ask my question. isnt that what a forum is for. if you dont like it dont read it and go back to doing your whining on some other forum.

WOW glad to see everybody is being so realistic here.... quit being so uptight and let me ask my question. isnt that what a forum is for. if you dont like it dont read it and go back to doing your whining on some other forum.

Hey wld427,

Don't take this the wrong way. It's not that people are being uptight or don't want you to post. When you ask for updates on many different project threads, it bothers people. Most importantly, most of the AddOn/Mod creators get tired of us posting only to ask for an update. They will give updates when they feel it necessary. I know it's a pain in the ass to read threads with 20,30,40,etc pages, I sure as hell don't do it. But in many of the addon/mod threads, especially larger, one of the creators says something to the effect of, "it's done when it's done."

Regardless, if you don't care that it bothers some people, consider the actual creators. I personally could careless what people ask. But if the creators don't like it, that should be respected. In my opinion.

Just a thought. Do what you feel.

smile_o.gif

i just want to point out that the only one who has not complained about me asking the status of this add on is the creator

i just want to point out that the only one who has not complained about me asking the status of this add on is the creator

How much more off-topic you want to drive this?

wld427, [APS]Gnat, Abs

If you have a problem with a moderators decision, PM the moderator in question instead discussing the issue in the thread.

Back to topic... now. wink_o.gif