Sign in to follow this  
ConanOfOz

Problem using ForEach

Here's the scenario. From within the Initialization of one member of a group (usually the leader) I have...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">units group this exec "AddMeAndMine.sqs"

<span id='postcolor'>

The AddMeAndMine script is expecting a parameter of type Group (I hope!), and has (so far) only only line...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"?!(_x in AllUnits): AllUnits = AllUnits + [_x]" ForEach (_this)

<span id='postcolor'>

When I Preview this mission, I get the error...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'|#|?!(_x in AllUnits): AllUnits = AllUnits + [_x]':Error Invalid number in expression

<span id='postcolor'>

I don't understand what I've done wrong.

BTW, is there a way to get the error message to persist on screen, or is there an error log written somewhere? It's a real pain in the arse to get a long-ish error message like this one recorded...

Foreach can not be use with condition. It's only for use with commands. You can use this script :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">allunits=[]

_count=count _this

_i=0

#more

?!((_this select _i) in allunits): allunits=allunits+[_this select _i]

_i = _i + 1

? _i < _count : goto "more"

exit<span id='postcolor'>

It's important to make empty array (allunits=[]) before you first start work with it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Feb. 15 2002,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Foreach can not be use with condition. It's only for use with commands. You can use this script :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">allunits=[]

_count=count _this

_i=0

#more

?!((_this select _i) in allunits): allunits=allunits+[_this select _i]

_i = _i + 1

? _i < _count : goto "more"

exit<span id='postcolor'>

It's important to make empty array (allunits=[]) before you first start work with it.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Bart.

About the error message itself... Do you know if this is logged anywhere? It tends to be onscreen too short a time to take down (especially if I have a few coming up confused.gif )

I don't know about error log. Only possible way is to take screenshot by printscreen key. But I think sometimes an error message doesn't fit a simple line on screen. confused.gif