Sign in to follow this  
Silencer

Russia vs. Canada olympics

I'm am soo angry at america.I was watching the winter olympics while russia was skating which I'm russian myself.The russian skaters were pretty good ,very impressive.Then the canada skateing wasn't very impressed it was basic.

I was very happy the russians got the gold medal.Then I heard some ass-hole americans saying thats not fair canada was better.they said that the russians made 4 major mistakes in the skating and canada didn't.I got pissed...

the russian skaters did very diffcult skating even thought they made few mistakes but the canadas didn't make any mistakes but all they did was the basic stuff.

no the americans are starting an police investigation which is BS!

can the americans have an right to take away the skaters gold medal just because they think the other team was better?

I swear the only point they don't like russians because the russians were obviously most of the time gets 1 place in figure skating ,now the americans got tired of them and they want someone else!

What a load of bull...

A- America isn't investigating it...doesn't have anything to do with it. The IOC and the Skating Association is doing their own investigations considering there are allegations of vote fixing. Plus the stink that was raised by half the world over the obvious miss judging...

B- The MAJOR mistake by the Russian on a required (what can be considered simple) element should have been a .1 deduction at least....that was NOT reflected or even given.

C- Chances are the medal won't be taken away anyway. Never happened and won't unless definent proof of vote fixing is established, in which case they don't deserve it do they?

And the most important part...

The Canadians skated a flawless routine. The Russians did NOT. Look at the side by side comparison. The Russians, despite your assertions, did not skate an anymore difficult routine. They were basically the same. That taken into account and the fact the Russians made mistake(S) they shouldn't have won....

Now please take your mindless, misinformed attempts at America bashing elsewhere until you have a legitimate (and correct) gripe.

Thank you have a nice day.

I do not like the American judges in the events. They seem to give too high marks to Americans in every event that has skill points.

I don't care about the american judges judging the americans I care about the russians american still hates russian becuase of the cold war...

This has nothing to do with the cold war. This is sports (well if you can call figure skating sports).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 13 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do not like the American judges in the events. They seem to  give too high marks to Americans in every event that has skill points.<span id='postcolor'>

That goes to other countries as well.

It's figure skating.... it's not even a real sport, like watching a ballet or the Ice-capades. I must admit, some of the chicks are hot. Only if they made them ware g-strings when doing those spins and other moves that maximize ass exposer.

-=Die Alive=-

You will also notice that the judging in that catagory (and others) is usually split down political lines.

That wasn't more evident than Monday night. All former Eastern bloc nations voting for the Russians, and all Western bloc nations voting for the Canadians.

Except for France who voted for the Russians and alleges that the Russian judge and her had worked a vote fix so the Russians would win the pairs and the French would win Ice Dancing (this from the French judge herself!).

Don't like it when judges vote down political lines as that is not what the games are suppose to represent (though they do...and corporations too), but it happens.

I don't see the problem, ppl say that the judges give america too much points. But Russia won the contest, so the judges give other countries a lot of points too! Russia won and that's just the way it is, even if America or any other country would complain about it (i'm not saying that they are!), it doesn't matter anymore! If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose! After the contest, there's no way you can lose your medal.... well.... at least if you don't cheat or take drugs or something like that...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Silencer @ Feb. 13 2002,21:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't care about the american judges judging the americans I care about the russians american still hates russian becuase of the cold war...<span id='postcolor'>

If anyone still has issues with the Cold War I think its you buddy....

Take a few breaths and realize that its over....its alright

*pats on head*

I don't care about crappy figure skating but there are other sports where Americans get too high scores.

I say why not to keep sporters identities secret till points are given. No names, no countries, even the players should be camoflages in black nylons till points are given. That way we could prevent favoring by the judges. What ya say?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 13 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't see the problem, ppl say that the judges give america too much points. But Russia won the contest, so the judges give other countries a lot of points too! Russia won and that's just the way it is, even if America or any other country would complain about it (i'm not saying that they are!), it doesn't matter anymore! If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose! After the contest, there's no way you can lose your medal.... well.... at least if you don't cheat or take drugs or something like that...<span id='postcolor'>

Which is what the big deal is in regard to this. (see above regarding vote fixing)....

I just worried that they will take the medals.

the american now made up storys that the judges were paid to give the russian good scores.

listen you americans THERE NOTHING YOU COULD ABOUT THE MEDALS ,THE RUSSIANS WILL GET THEM AND WILL KEEP THeM!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GrimCalavera @ Feb. 13 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I say why not to keep sporters identities secret till points are given. No names, no countries, even the players should be camoflages in black nylons till points are given. That way we could prevent favoring by the judges. What ya say?<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno...

I was kinda partial to Die Alive's g-string comment myself....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GrimCalavera @ Feb. 13 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I say why not to keep sporters identities secret till points are given. No names, no countries, even the players should be camoflages in black nylons till points are given. That way we could prevent favoring by the judges. What ya say?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, that's a pretty good idea, that way there'd be no cheating at all. Perhaps you should write a letter to the IOC biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Silencer @ Feb. 13 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just worried that they will take the medals.

the american now made up storys that the judges were paid to give the russian good scores.

listen you americans THERE NOTHING YOU COULD ABOUT THE MEDALS ,THE RUSSIANS WILL GET THEM AND WILL KEEP THeM!<span id='postcolor'>

*sigh*

They just might take the medals if the allegations (which came from the French judge herself not the Americans) turn out to be true. If there is impropiety then the Russians clearly don't deserve the medal.

And you won't be keeping much if your judge is crooked....

Thank you have a nice day.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Feb. 13 2002,22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you have a nice day.<span id='postcolor'>

You sound like those ppl in the big shops, hehehe, thank you, come again!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 13 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you have a nice day.<span id='postcolor'>

You sound like those ppl in the big shops, hehehe, thank you, come again!<span id='postcolor'>

Just tryin' to keep it civil biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got 3 words for you....

american olympics sucks<span id='postcolor'>

Well as long as we are making well thought out, constructive and enlightening arguments....

*rolls eyes*

I take it back...have a shitty day and please for the love of God DON'T come back!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 13 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lmao

so that's what we call civil huh! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Civility can only go so far....

I just don't suffer foolish comments well...

I guess Silencer has been silenced!

*ok that just sucked but I couldn't resist*

We are one gold-medal ahead of the US, but still one behind of norway. But the night is still long!

Tomorrow our Ice-hockey team has to play agains the Czeck Republic, ooops, that is gonna hurt biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Feb. 13 2002,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*ok that just sucked but I couldn't resist*<span id='postcolor'>

I'll pretend i didn't hear that biggrin.gif