Sign in to follow this  
Rejn

_x join command

Just wondering Im trying to make a _x join group plat3 command... unfortuantley i get errors..

tried:

{[_x] join platr1} foreach units plat1

{_x join platr1} foreach units plat1

Anyone know?

Thanks sad_o.gif

Try this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(units plat1) join platr1

Works like a charm.. thanks T_D biggrin_o.gif

Well i also have a question about this: smile_o.gif

I try to add a EventHandler to a Group called "_tg"

So far i used:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (KEY_AIinjured) then {(units _tg select 1) addEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "ai\ai_voice\ai_voice4.sqs"}]}

But with this only one soldier of the Group is selected.

So what do i have to do to add the EventHandler to the complete "_tg"?

Im not sure if this will help you but check out this thread.. I asked something about eventhandlers and did get a command at the bottom on how to assign eventhandlers to an entire team with one command.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62430

{_x addEventHandler ["killed",{_this exec "hide.sqs"}]}foreach units def1

were def1 was the group i wanted and hide.sqs the script to execute...

If you get any errors try adding select 0 example:

{_x addEventHandler ["killed",{_this select 0 exec "hide.sqs"}]}foreach units def1

Not sure if this is what your after D:

Okay i will try it.

Thank you Rejn wink_o.gif

Well i also have a question about this: smile_o.gif

I try to add a EventHandler to a Group called "_tg"

So far i used:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (KEY_AIinjured) then {(units _tg select 1) addEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "ai\ai_voice\ai_voice4.sqs"}]}

But with this only one soldier of the Group is selected.

So what do i have to do to add the EventHandler to the complete "_tg"?

You can't add a single eventhandler to a group, eventhandlers only work on objects, not groups. You need to give each individual group member their own eventhandler.

Hey Kyle,

well i just did some play around with the EventHandler and it look's like this way is working well.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (KEY_AIinjured) then {{_x addEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "ai\ai_voice\ai_voice2.sqs"}]} foreach units _tg}

jsut a tip in armed assault theres also joinSilent command works the same but the units join without any radio communication biggrin_o.gif

Hey Kyle,

well i just did some play around with the EventHandler and it look's like this way is working well.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (KEY_AIinjured) then {{_x addEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "ai\ai_voice\ai_voice2.sqs"}]} foreach units _tg}

Yes, because forEach adds an eventhandler to each unit in the group. I know this, what I was trying to do is make him better understand the difference between groups and objects. A group (as a single entity) cannot be given an eventhandler, only objects.