Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Portable Target Range

Kronzky,

Thanks for the changes, now it works fine in 1.06! smile_o.gif

xxbbcc

how do i make the graph show up?

The graph is not created in the game, it's done in Excel.

To do that you have to cut and paste the data from the in-game dialog into a text file, convert the vertical bars into line feeds, save it as a CSV file, and then open that in Excel. There you can then create any graph you like.

It sounds very complicated, but really only takes a minute to do... wink_o.gif

1) I can't seem to be able to see anything past 900m on the target range map proning in the default position (my game visibility distance is set to 1200m). I am loading the map through the editor.

2) How can I make targets appear farther than the default of 1000m max in the map?

Is there any fog in the map?

Also, what is your object detail set at in your graphic settings. If this is on a low setting, the game does not render them at a certain distance onwards. You can try increasing object detail.

Is there any fog in the map?

Also, what is your object detail set at in your graphic settings. If this is on a low setting, the game does not render them at a certain distance onwards. You can try increasing object detail.

Ok I figured out #1

Fog was 0. Apparently if you want to see range 1000m, your graphics card needs to be set farther than 1200m.

sad_o.gif

Anyways - can you edit the map to have soldiers autogenerated at larger ranges than 1000m?

Edit: Oop this was answered already

Now with moving targets!

Speed and distance can be configured.

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=326><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6330398047571047597&hl=en><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6330398047571047597&hl=en WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=326 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

I figured while I was working on this already, I may as well do a major overhaul - so now we're at version 2.0!

Here's what's new:

[*] More user friendly parameter entry: Instead of having a row of mystery parameters (e.g. [50,500,100,["target"],5,10] ...), each parameter can now be entered at any position, along with its label (e.g. [["target], "min:50", "max:500", "step:50","speed:5","move:10"] works just as well as [["target], "speed:5", "move:10", "step:50", "max:500", "min:50"]).

[*] You can now define targets by placing them on the map, and referring to them in the script call. So for those who never liked very much having to dig through the cfgVehicles class, to find the object they're looking for, you can now just place the object you want somewhere on the map, and that item (as well as any others you might have created) will then be used for the target lineup. You can still use class names (or even mix and match), but this is an additional option.

[*] Moving targets can be stopped and restarted from inside the mission (via the radio menu).

[*] When selecting a weapon via the action menu, you will be equipped with all compatible ammo types.

There are a few other minor tweaks, but these are the major changes.

Available here.

Is there a way to define the speed of the moving targets in m/s or any other absolute measurement instead of the default 1-10 settings?

Is there a way to define the speed of the moving targets in m/s or any other absolute measurement instead of the default 1-10 settings?

You can't enter an absolute speed directly, but each speed step is roughly 0.5 m/sec

So a speed value of 5 would end up being 2.5 m/sec, and a speed of 10 would be 5 m/sec.

Kronzky, thanks for the update! smile_o.gif

Very well made mission!

Without checking in detail, do you think the mission works to a

certain degree in MP as well for multiple players?

Time accel not. Yet what about the moving target and weapon

assignment. Thanks!

Without checking in detail, do you think the mission works to a

certain degree in MP as well for multiple players?

Time accel not. Yet what about the moving target and weapon

assignment. Thanks!

Well, it'd require some work, but I don't see any major hurdles.

You'd have to separate the different scripts a bit - starting some only on the server, and others on each individual player's machine.

Object creation, movement and regeneration should be pretty straightforward - just run that main script on the server exclusively.

Weapon selection is a separate script, and the action for it would have to be added to each individual player's init file.

Implementing bullet cam and ballistic info would be a bit more involved, but since you're talking MP, I somewhat suspect that that's not really what you're after. Hopefully... wink_o.gif

Not sure how you would want to go about changing the target distance  (if at all). But that's not so much a technical issue as a game-play one (i.e. who is allowed to change it, or should it change by itself, depending on certain conditions).

Well the basic idea would be to allow one guy control the target

range (distance, layout, number of targets etc).

The bullet cam is nice for testing and training.

We utilize your excellent to test our MODs weapon configs. smile_o.gif

Devs can already cheat with a debug console. tounge2.gif

Anyway the idea was to port some aspect of it to MP to do testing

with multiple people. We have to talk again, if its worth the effort,

or if the SP version does the job already perfectly fine.

Again thanks for the mission!

Hi, I was wondering if this could be adapted for use with the "Real Artillery". ie Engaging at distances up to 14 Kilometers. If I had another player to play with I wouldn't need anything like this, but since I'm playing by myself in the editor I need to be able to spot my hits somehow. I've tried to use your target range and just add the artillery piece. Actually, I'll simplify what I'm asking. I'm definitely not very script savvy, so how can I use your bullet cam script with the artillery piece?

Regards,

Tracy

Great stuff.

I noticed that if I use the select weapon dialog to change from a rifle to a pistol and then choose a rifle again, the rifle becomes invisible.

Another thing, could you make it so that the bulletcam stops when the bullet passes the end of the range. Or allow people to abort bulletcam. This because it becomes annoying when you have missed your target and the bullet ricochets and you have to watch the slow bullet in 30secs before you can shoot again.

After trying to open it in the "scenarios" page, it gave me a missing map error. I have tried installing it to ArmA II and ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead. I also couldn't figure out how to open it in the editor. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

stapler8