Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Beta 1.07.5154 feedback thread

I can't enable hardware acceleration in the Audio Options.

According to the 1.07 changelog, you can only enable HW sound acceleration if your soundcard supports 60 or more sound channels. If you have an on-board soundcard you probably can't use hardware acceleration.

EDIT: ... MehMan beat me to it.

@Kilo1-1: What issue is there with the fire modes? I just gave the M4A1 ACOG M203 a try to see what you meant, but I found nothing wrong with it.

Having Graphic issues with 1.07

System Specs

Intel Core Duo E6600

2 mb Corsair 6400 memory

8800GTX

400gb H/D

700wPsu

Here is a screenshot of my problem

Screenshot

The M4A1 ACOG M203 is supposed to have Semi and Auto instead of Semi and Burst.

am i the only one who think the night time HDR is a bit over done? right now if there is no moon light the place would covered with complete darkness

the game is running smoother then i used to have but GOD the CTD is killing me sad_o.gif

i think we need a secondary weapon function key, seperate from the fire select key...

along with an animation for flipping up the sights for the GL.

its a pian having the GL sights up all the time blocking your Iron Sights, and also having to cycle through the fire select key to use the GL and then cycle through again to get back to your main weapon.

it would make things alot smoother and faster for when in a fire fight.

hit the secondary function key, and the guy flips up the GL sights and your good to go, click the secondary function key again, and back to your riffle you go with the orriginal fire mode you selected befor using the GL.

they have given us so many usless key functions, why not do something usefull with them now?

also this secondary function key can be used to turn on tac lights or even weapon mounted lasers.

I found another graphic bug.

We were on MP playing The Briefcase.

2 BMPs were on a hill at approx. 1500m away

with the binoculars I could see the BMP turn but the... (missing word, dammit - see below) didn't turn along with it.

Missing word: the things around the small wheels that allows a BMP, a T72 or a M1A1 to move.

I found another graphic bug.

We were on MP playing The Briefcase.

2 BMPs were on a hill at approx. 1500m away

with the binoculars I could see the BMP turn but the... (missing word, dammit - see below) didn't turn along with it.

Missing word: the things around the small wheels that allows a BMP, a T72 or a M1A1 to move.

you mean the tracks? is it possible to get a screenshot to show what happened?

The only problem I have with the new additions is that glossy black US SF helmet. It stands out too much and makes the SFs that much easier to see. Maybe grey it up a little bit, anything is better than that Deep black color.

I will probably get flamed for suggesting the reason why I see a quirk in the joysticks. THINK I might know where in the app it is happening. If you remember, I run Windoze 2000 and had to mod the xinput1_1.dll in order to get the new patch to run at all. My stick is working fine, but I have to use 1.05 to program the buttons in if needed, as the button-programming part of ArmA 1.07b does not read my stick buttons, but 1.05 does. Once these are programmed, ArmA 1.07 will read them just fine, no 'double-functions' at all. I have a Saitek X45 and use their profiler in advanced mode. Many buttons are programmed in Saitek profiler to emulate keyboard commands, but the main (first) 5 fire buttons and POV1 are not programmed - they are left alone and reporting as default buttons.

I talked a m8 through using 1.05 to reset his joystick buttons using 1.05, all buttons on stick set as default buttons in Saitek Profiler, and he set them up in ArmA 1.05 as per defaults. Checked his user.ArmAProfile and the numbers in there look right, 131072+ etc for the stick buttons, the correct number of defined 'keys' represented as number, and no clashing numbers defined anywhere there. But as soon as he went to re-test in 1.07, he said that the joystick was indeed still doing 2 functions at the same time, when only 1 was defined anywhere.

He runs XP, I run 2000...the main difference I see here is the x-box code that does not get installed or work under 2000.

So, IMO, the problem would appear to be in the newly-included X-Box related code that gets enabled under XP, but not under 2000. Maybe there's some hard-coded stuff for button functions on the x-box that got left-in by mistake when the code was re-used for this beta patch?

Again, I hope that those x-box libraries are able to be removed so that the compatibility with Win 2000 is maintained, as per the application specs.

So, now feel free to flame me for suggesting where the problem lies, having read at least one thread that insisted that such suggestions are merely binned, but I am a trained and battle-worn programmer and professional software and systems tester, and think my opinion might be worth at least reading.

[...]the game is running smoother then i used to have but GOD the CTD is killing me sad_o.gif

A-HA! Its not just me thats crashed like a mother-lover every ~20minutes then. I get weird artifacts on screen, like models and textyures stretching in weird ways they shouldn't, then I CTD. I'm gonna try lowering my settings because I'm not sure if its because I'm cooking my GFX card, or if its just a bug with ArmA.

The only problem I have with the new additions is that glossy black US SF helmet. It stands out too much and makes the SFs that much easier to see. Maybe grey it up a little bit, anything is better than that Deep black color.

I think it was a bad idea to give the pro-tecs to all the SF models. The assault dude would have been ok to go along with the MH-6's but why all the others?

Its weird to have SF's with backpacks and explosives or the recon one with the soflam using the skateboard helmets.

Boonies and caps would have made more sense confused_o.gif ?

Some may have noticed my rantings about the flight model being screwed by 1.07. I must now eat some humble pie and apologise...

I have JUST discovered that in patching, the joystick sensitivity settings that I had adjusted in the user.ArmAProfile file had been overwritten somehow - presumably by the new patch..?

I have now reset the Z-axis settings back to 1.000000 again (they had been put back to 0.500000 somehow......!wink_o.gif

And the thing seems to be flying roughly the same as it was in 1.05+ beta again.

So: my unreserved apologies to everyone (especially BIS) for accusing them of screwing the FM further - if anything it seems better somehow in some way I cannot put my finger on yet.)

But PLEASE if a future install/patch is likely to change settings that users have HAD to tweak using as ancient a tool as notepad - TELL us that they will change, or at least put a note in the forums.

I still think the effect is less than it should be, and it seems odd when pointing only slightly nose-down, the effect of increasing collective to max is too slow to produce lift upwards still. Hopefully this small niggle can be addressed before 1.07 full version.

[...]the game is running smoother then i used to have but GOD the CTD is killing me sad_o.gif

A-HA! Its not just me thats crashed like a mother-lover every ~20minutes then. I get weird artifacts on screen, like models and textyures stretching in weird ways they shouldn't, then I CTD. I'm gonna try lowering my settings because I'm not sure if its because I'm cooking my GFX card, or if its just a bug with ArmA.

i didnt get much artifacts, i turn on most of the setting to high and the game looks beautifully, but no matter what i tried it still get CTD b4 it get LOD/texture/HDR bug

i saved the crash report to a .txt and dunno where to sent them, there is 2 different type of crashing BTW

As Heatseeker say its a bit wird that all SF got the protec helmets. But its is a nice clear sign to mark SF's (very notisable)

TANKS

1. Can't turn off engine while operating the tank turret.

2. If you are moving forward (left, right, backwards - doesn't matter) and switch to gunner spot, the engine keeps running and the tank will spin out of control. (spinning round and round indef. until you take driver's spot).

yay.gif

Upon booting I get 2 error Messages, the game will NOT load, with or without any outside Addons. Have upgraded up to 1.05 Euro DVD version.

No Entry 'bin\config.cpp.ControllerSchemes'.

and

Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecularAlpha

I won't bore you with my comp info, dont ask me why.

Quote[/b] ]RavenDK Posted on May 13 2007,17:22As Heatseeker say its a bit wird that all SF got the protec helmets. But its is a nice clear sign to mark SF's (very notisable)

Well i'm not the SF here nor i know what is normal, but i thought part of it was they should blend in and not run around with a mark 'here i am , mr. SF, shoot me first'..if you understand my point...But good temp sollution maybe untill ArmA gets spawned with custom beaked units.

3 of 5 UAZs hit by a hellfire fly up quite high and then start the well-known banana dance like in old good ofp 1.0.

Well, it might not be a bug to sentimental people.

3 of 5 UAZs hit by a hellfire fly up quite high and then start the well-known banana dance like in old good ofp 1.0.

Well, it might not be a bug to sentimental people.

well if you compare them to the real problem, these is just a uncompleted features

No Entry 'bin\config.cpp.ControllerSchemes'.

and

Error Compiling Pixel Shader PSSpecularAlpha

Getting the same error, wasted an activation on this unfortunately because of the pretty lame DMR scheme. Sprocket download version. A very, very good computer.

2 gigs ram, AMD dual core 2.2ghz, BFG 7950, 7200 RPM HD, yada yada.

Mr Very Very Good Computer, it sounds like ur trying to run a Modification that is only compatible with Older versions, hence you get this message.

Although I'm liking the extended viewdistance, I'm seeing reduced shadow quality and also slowdowns after about 10 minutes play.

AMD64x2 4800, 6800GT, 2GB, Audigy 2, UK DVD.

@Dr. Mojo, PhD: Try the arma.exe in the beta folder itself. I had the same errors with the shortcut provided after the 1.07 install.

With 1.07 ive lost a few fps, and now im getting the texture/lod errors that everyone else seems to have got rid of. I'm going to reset windows virtual memory allocation as suggested on other threads to see if this improves anything.

Im a bit dissapointed as im one of the only 7900GS users with a performance decrease. Still at least i dont have an 8***

Nope, I am on 7900GT and I had to turn settings down as well; I had all settings on high in the 1.05beta patch. Especially, turning up the textures is a real frame killer for me. I cannot go above "low" for textures atm.