Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

Beta 1.07.5154 feedback thread

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Beta 1.07.5154 feedback thread</span>

Please gather all issues introduced in 1.07b in this thread. I will add them to the summary if I can reproduce them. The summary is at the bottom of this post.

When you post here, please make sure you adhere to the following rules:

Quote[/b] ]

1. Only post actual issues that were caused by the beta patch and/or suggestions on how to fix these issues. Do not request additional features or bug fixes that are not already in 1.07b.

2. No one-liners. Please explain your problem or suggestion in detail.

3. If you have a performance or other possibly hardware related problem, please post the following information:

- What ArmA language, and DVD or download version

- Your CPU make & speed

- Your Motherboard details

- Your Graphics card details + drivers

- Your Operating system and service pack

- Your hard drives

- Are you using any performance tweaks? (vSync off, no pagefile etc.)

4. Post links to screenshots or videos where appropriate, but adhere to the forum rules.

5. Do not repeat what others have already reported here.

6. No questions, no chatter. Use the other threads to discuss your problems. This is not a troubleshooting thread.

7. Keep it sensible. No flaming and no accusations.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Summary of issues in 1.07b:</span>

Increased HDD activity causing slowdowns

- Probably due to new terrain streaming algorithms

- Especially apparent in forests and cities

Graphical issues with nVidia 8800 cards

- Shadows are not displayed on high settings

- Mip map problems, missing textures (screenshot)

- Objects are often displayed at lowest LOD without textures

- Certain images (markers, buttons) are not loaded and simply displayed as blank boxes

General graphics issues

- Terrain is sometimes loaded too slow, causing parts to be "missing" occasionally

- When a player is killed, the screen goes black immediately (intentional?)

HMMWV get in/out issues

- The get-in-out position for the gunner of the armed HMMWVs (TOW, M2 & MK19) is about 5m in the air. When a HMMWV gunner exits the vehicle he drops from this position, causing damage.

- The different passenger entry positions for the HMMWV do not work. When getting in at the rear left, you will still appear at the front right passenger position if it is free.

- When a passenger gets out from a HMMWV, he must wait approx. 20 seconds before he can get back in. (vehicle is temporarily locked)

Harrier / Laser Guided Bomb issues

- AI is unable to effectively deliver the laser guided bombs (flies in too low, too slow)

G36 sights

- The sights on the G36 are strange (screenshot)

Missing weapons models

- Certain 3rd party addons seem to be causing issues with existing weapon models (mainly rifles) not being displayed

Joystick button issues

- Several buttons are "double-mapped" on joysticks, causing control problems

Environment

- Street lights cannot be turned off through damage (was possible in OFP)

Second type of this Thread Mad, might end up getting locked mate!

I hope not, because I'm not seeing any decent feedback in any other thread.

EDIT: Like I said, this thread is not just another 1,07 discussion thread - it is for gathering use-able data from people to help BIS fix the issues in the 1.07 beta.

I'm going to re-post here because my original question got lost in the huge thread about the patch with lots of conversation. This is a really serious problem for me.

I'm trying to run a 1.07 dedicated server, but I get this error on startup:
Quote[/b] ]Addon 'Desert' requires addon 'CARoads'

I copied over all the folders from my installed version of Arma with the 1.07 beta folder and tried to run using this line:

Quote[/b] ]c:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=beta -config=Dedicated.cfg

Am I doing something wrong?

I also have the Atari download version and get a problem very similar to this. Only it tells me I need 'CAPlants'. If I copy plants.pbo from the original addons to the beta addons I get the error he is describing. Even after copying roads.pbo and all others that it asks for the dedicated server will start without erroring, but will not load any maps. The normal game client works fine.

I'm going to re-post here because my original question got lost in the huge thread about the patch with lots of conversation.  This is a really serious problem for me.
I'm trying to run a 1.07 dedicated server, but I get this error on startup:
Quote[/b] ]Addon 'Desert' requires addon 'CARoads'

I copied over all the folders from my installed version of Arma with the 1.07 beta folder and tried to run using this line:

Quote[/b] ]c:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=beta -config=Dedicated.cfg

Am I doing something wrong?

I also have the Atari download version and get a problem very similar to this.  Only it tells me I need 'CAPlants'.  If I copy plants.pbo from the original addons to the beta addons I get the error he is describing.  Even after copying roads.pbo and all others that it asks for the dedicated server will start without erroring, but will not load any maps.  The normal game client works fine.

This isn't actually a troubleshooting thread... I updated the rules accordingly so it is more clear.

As for your problem: Since it is explicitly stated in the readme that you may experience problems with the beta patch if you have a download version of the game, I suspect the following:

You are experiencing problems because you are using a download version.

Also, you should never try copying files around your ArmA folders unless you are 100% sure what you are doing. Especially if you have a dowload version of the game with limited re-activation possibilities. The only solution I can suggest is to delete the beta folder, reinstall the beta and try again.

Annoying bug appeared in v 1.07 Beta:

disembarking for M2 Hummer's (EDIT: + Mk.19 Hummer) gunner position places you aprox. 10 meters of high causing quite serious injuries.

Pic1

Pic2

EDIT: Bug also appearing while disembarking from Mk.19 Hummer

I will provide a semi detailed report as you suggest in a subsequent post. For now I think that we should stay away from speculating what could cause the issues, and just stick to the facts about the problems we're experiencing. None of this 'could be complications due to functions returning a zero output to some denominator in the kinematic solver'. I'm sure the devs just throw that information out anyways, as I'm sure that our rate of correct recommendations are about equal if not less than raw statistical chance.

I actually posted in the main thread too with this but fear it will never be read and lost in the pages, by title this thread seems more appropriate and i'm sorry i did no see it first   sad_o.gif

Ok i shall review the new(ish) feature of the laser targeting.

Ok i love the prospect of proper las targeting and am glad this patch has gone a long way to improve this, yet there is a huge problem with the harriers reactions during targeting and bombimg these targets still, the main one that they seem to bomb way to low and in tests about 40- 45 times out of 50 will be killed by the explosion of their bomb, to compund this i have also witnessed them crash for no apparent reason after bomb release when they have not been damaged themselves.

The tests i have conducted have been on Ramadhi, varying targets in varying positions on the island (from the town to defilades), me as a spec ops recon, and up to four harriers coming from different angles at the island, (2 of these where grouped, i was not grouped to any).

The first test conducted was against four T72's on the airfield, two harriers incoming. - This was where i found the first problem. The harriers on bomb run were shot down very very quickly as they were coming in way to low and way way to slow, every single harrier i targeted for was shot down before completing the bomb run rarely getting to the point of releasing bombs, and if they did they lost target after bailing out and bombs went astray.- Only once in about 20 tries did a bomb hit the target. The T72's just completely mashed up any plane that flew towards them as they were just to slow.

As an example i then flew the harrier myself low towards them at a high speed, (i can hit laser targets going over 700kph) which was just over 600kph, i only recieved about 2 or 3 hits from the four tanks. - This was proof enough for me that the speed was the major problem, (tried full speed in waypoint also no change) another factor may have been the targeting of the T72's was to good for a fast moving object like that. (though i will confess my knowledge of what it could do in that regard is poor)

Moving on i then tried lots of infantry and urals with only one UAZ mg, and placed them in the town, easy meat (but at a cost crazy_o.gif ).

I set up on a hill to the east and Lasered up a spot in the town. The first two harriers collided in mid air over the town   huh.gif moving on the next harrier dropped it's bomb fine and hit dead on, but was caught in it's own blast and crashed. Next three harriers same result, next harrier was shot down by the UAZ  banghead.gif , this was the theme for the next 15 minutes, only three harriers managed to bomb properly and not die, (out of around 50) i have a suspision they were damaged though.

Also sometimes they ignored my las target completely and used their cannon on the trucks (which they seemed ok at).

Have tried them with flyinheight 200, 500 and 1000, at 1000 they don't seem to bomb, (well maybe got bored after waiting 5 mins) at 500 they can't pull up from their dive and crash, 200 seemed the best with a few surviving (but never completing more than 2 bomb runs), the ones that survive mainly have their bomb run over completely flat terrain (i know Ramadhi is pretty flat but i mean real flat)

This has not been encouraging.

Next i have tried flying the harrier myself to see if there is any improvent in AI lasering off targets. The AI recon would laser targets but there was a problem with the target dissapearing just as i was on the bomb run (about 1 time in 2), it actually dissapears often when i press fire to drop the bombs (could the button be clashing like the others?), there was no obscuring of the target either it was on flat airfield.

I have also noticed that the with AI lasering bombs sometimes do not end up that close sometimes (well close but not direct hit close) as an example with my brother lasering i have had many many direct hits in a row, literally right on top (got good enough to take out the any building in front with a second bomb on the same run smile_o.gif )

Overall i was pleased with the amount they targeted even if it was a slight lottery still.

Have many more tests planned but busy with RL, will let you know of anything of note that i find, BTW if you find a way of getting really consistant bombing then call me a silly ass and let me know how, also i wish i could show you videos but my framerate will not allow it sad_o.gif

Will be looking at the TOW missiles in depth aswell as i must admit i am slightly confused by them now.

PS thanks for the haze removal, at last 3000m can be seen, why waste that lovely scenery behind haze.

Best regards

Bootleg

I just confirmed the HMMWV bugs. Adding it to the summary.

Verify Signatures server option still unusable. Seems that the signatures were not updated once the addons were patched.

Regarding my previously mentioned (in the older threads) problems with 1.07beta...most of them are suddently gone. I just reverted processor and virtual memory allocation back to windows default...that's it.

Ok I will try with my poor english smile_o.gif

- G36 optics must be changed, we should have options to choice between x3 'lens' and non zoom 'lens', also new look of optics is terrible, it must be changed.

- some kind of units gain a new black helmet... also vest should be changed to black and all protectors. Like in movie Black Hawk Down inlove.gif

- performances: sometimes it goes wonderfull sometims it goes very slowly

-AI still drives terrible

My specs:

Athlon 2.5XP SocketA

ABIT nf7-s v2.0

1512MB RAM 333

GF 6800 Ultra Gold Sample

SB Audigy

+ it's look like sounds are good now with hardware acceleration on notworthy.gif

+loading missions is faster notworthy.gif

Maybe this isn't significative but...

I was in MP, on a Berzerk.

Alone in an M1A1, as the driver.

I switch to commander, then the tank starts to spin on its own. Just as if someone pressed the "go to the right" key, but there was no driver.

When I got back to driver it stopped, but when I switched to another position in the tank it started again?

- some kind of units gain a new black helmet... also vest should be changed to black and all protectors. Like in movie Black Hawk Down inlove.gif

Which was set roughly 14 years ago. Things change.

With the  8800 GTX the problems stated above (LODs, texture strobos, shadows).

With 7900 GTX: Sea texture problems. Occasional strecthing polygons in animated objects (men, vehicles etc.)

With both: new physics bugs which I never before seen with the previoius versions.

But the overall performance is better. The game looks OK with 7900 card, but with 8800 it is obviously wrong all the time.

several issues for me so far

.soldiers visibly use secondary items/weapons. primary weapons are not visible at all, and soldiers arms are held at sides (like a stationary civilian) but weapon fires. no center floating of cross hair, but outer floating edges are visible (using primary weapon)

. X52 hotas has issues now. it maintains last key presses from previous patch, but also INCLUDES new key presses as well (for example) my "select weapon" is ALSO my lock target. my fire button also is my "do selected action" button. (so i now eject as soon as i fire my guns, (which fire) from aircraft)

. for the "selectable action" menu that comes up, the keypress (on HOTAS, not heyboard) that allows me to cycle thru "action" menu...does not go any further than "EJECT". will not cycle to next action.

yes ALL controls have been reset at default.. nothing is "double bound" somewhere else.

amd 4400

gigabye k8ns mobo

nvidia 7600GS (O'Ced BFG) 512 meg graphic card (latest drivers)

audigy gamer

3 gig RAM (pc 3200)

XP - latest service pack

maxtor 300 gig HD

Which was set roughly 14 years ago. Things change.

maybe not from BH down, but as it is the helmets looks nice, but dosent really blend in with the uniform and gear.

as it is ARMORY mission seems way too hard to accomplish, and would take like zillion years to test all the gear available.

and all of a sudden I get slowdowns near bushes and trees, wich I didn't have in 1.05

Quote[/b] ]Soldiers visibly use secondary items/weapons. primary weapons are not visible at all, and soldiers arms are held at sides (like a stationary civilian) but weapon fires. no center floating of cross hair, but outer floating edges are visible (using primary weapon)

Changes in the patch make some addons conflict with the game. Remove all third party addons and it should be fine. The new releases of the addons are being made.

i forgot to add in original post (some areas of game are affected like this, yet others arent) but your still prolly right.

tow's are steerable now, nyt the problem is, u can only fire blind shots, as the smoke coming from the rocket blocks the view of the missile.

And adding to the above: The optical sights are too dirty making it impossible to aim at low light conditions or on distance (AH-1Z got a multimillion optical gunsight but no one to clean it up??).

This would be all sights ecept the sniper/low-power scopes. All vehicle sights do have that dirt.

problem with my joystick logitech extreme 3dpro.

My joystick is setup tha way I like it. In the beta patch he works fine until I try the A-10. Button how don't work anymore or how are adressed to different function but can't be seen in the control setup. Also not able to change them.

Ex. button 2 = zoom in for air units.

It works that way for all airunits except the A-10 here it is for some reason swith waepons. and can't zoom in buy any means in the A-10 banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]- G36 optics must be changed, we should have options to choice between x3 'lens' and non zoom 'lens', also new look of optics is terrible, it must be changed.

I agree, the G36 has gone from almost my favourite weap to being really lame - the new optic ruins a GREAT patch!

for some reason

i dont like the idea i need repost what i already wrote about bugs and issue in other 1.07.5154 thread(s) ...

whistle.gifrofl.gif

for some reason

i dont like the idea i need repost what i already wrote about bugs and issue in other 1.07.5154 thread(s) ...

whistle.gif  rofl.gif

There's always copy+paste.