Sign in to follow this  
Exaercase

If you have a 8800 don't download the V1.07 Beta !

hello,

If you have a 8800 play to the V1.06 or V1.05Beta all is fine but don't DL the V1.07Beta the graphic are awful :'( once again the 8800 owner are in trouble with this game i'm fedup sad_o.gif

NB : I use the last OFFICIAL nVidia Drivers (NB : V1.06 = No Problem)

Picture montage with left V1.05 and rigth v1.07 at URL :

V1.05 VS V1.07

Quote ]PROBLEM SOLVE WITH THE V1.07.5157 HotFix !!!!!

V1.07.5157 HotFix

See you smile_o.gif

[/b]

You know whats funny about your picture? I actually prefer the darker/higher contrast look in 1.07 over the grey-fog jungle in 1.05 anytime.

hello,

If you have a 8800 play to the V1.06 or V1.05Beta all is fine but don't DL the V1.07Beta the graphic are awful :'( once again the 8800 owner are in trouble with this game i'm fedup sad_o.gif

NB : I use the last OFFICIAL nVidia Drivers (NB : V1.06 = No Problem)

Picture montage with left V1.05 and rigth v1.07 at URL :

V1.05 VS V1.07

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully BIS will fix this problem before fully releasing the patch.

Exaercase I share you thoughts 100%.

1.05 patch working,1.05b getting small lod probs but,

this patch its unplayable,enermous lods and so on.

I tried 3 diff driv from nvid starting f:160.. - 158.19

and other tweaks but now enough is enough just plain tired of

tweaking.

I just want to play the game not tweak...

Hope offiicial patch will make the day dunno....

Happy 8800gts owner whistle.gif

lol karl76 but i have forgot to say the mission of the down picture is Fear sweet & tears and the two shot are take a the same time (beguin of the mission) and a the start of the mission is normal to have FOG is the mission maker that have put fog so not having fog is peareapth nice but not normal lol

also in my config the Gamma is put on 1.5 so as you could see on tof if with a high gamma the shot are very dark imagine if you play normaly with gamma to 1 biggrin_o.gif most of texture will be black

Steeler agree with you i think Bohemia don't have any 8800 cause since the beguin we have a lot of problem. it's like they never try teir game with this config. I'm agrre they could not test all config but as they have already so many prob with this config before realease a new patch they could test it cause 8800 owner are fed up.

it's very sad cause i love this game as i have loved OFP (so many hours of pleasure :d)

I see. I was experimenting a little and noticed that when you use HDRprecision 16 or 32 (instead of the normal "8"), it actually brings back the some of the fog as in version 1.05.

.................... DISAGREE

Quoting myself from another thread;

Quote[/b] ]Have a GTS 640MB with the 158 drivers, Duo 6420, 2GB RAM and XP 32, everything on High or very high (except terrain detail) and a VD of 2.5km, HDRPrecision = 16 and everything looks good now with the patch.

Seems to be faster

Seems to be clearer

Seems to be no "spin lag"

Zooming the view I now don't see LOD changes anymore

Nice thumbs-up.gif

I did try cranking it up to 10km VD but the LODs and terrain textures went much worse than I've seen before, Fog seemed to be slightly worse. Hence why I went back to 2.5km and its fine.

Ok, here is a pic I took in the beginning of Blood Sweat and Tears on my 8800 GTX.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs315&d=07196&f=arma1.jpg

I don`t see anything wrong here in my pic. Anyone??? And this is running on the beta 1.07. Say by golly, I got fog too. lol

You should see my pic fullscreen. The host I used always makes my shots smaller for some reason.

Ok, here is a pic I took in the beginning of Blood Sweat and Tears on my 8800 GTX.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs315&d=07196&f=arma1.jpg

I don`t see anything wrong here in my pic. Anyone??? And this is running on the beta 1.07. Say by golly, I got fog too. lol

You should see my pic fullscreen. The host I used always makes my shots smaller for some reason.

Shattan consider your self lucky, my 8800 GTS 320meg 158 drivers and its a terrible LOD and missint texture mess, 1.05 is fine though.

hello,

Shataan fine the pic but you have see my pic i don't have create the picture :d and it seem that i m not the only one with the pb. As i say before with the V1.05 no problem with the Demo version of American Armed Assault (V1.06) no problem. Ans with the same config V1.07Beta = Big problem :'(

so i think as this is a beta version we MUST say to Bohemia before they launch the final version cause after it will be too late :d

bye bye

You guys should really read some posts here. Here's what Suma had to say this afternoon in one of the earlier threads:

Do you own an 8800GTx card for your development machines?

Yes, we do own a few of them.

Unfortunately I have to say the drivers for them are not very mature and reliable. There seem to be quite serious problems in the area of VRAM allocation on the driver side, which are communicating with nVidia, however I cannot give any estimate when they will be solved.

unquote

I didn`t CREATE that pic, I took that pic with fraps. As well, I as well said I myself am not experiencing the probs some are. Luckilly. Will that last? I dunno.  But not ALL 8800 GTXs are having problems.

So it is generalizing to say that if ya got an 8800 GTX, don`t install the beta.  If I ever do experience the prooblems, believe, me, I will be here screaming with the rest of ya. ;p

right now i only encounter some rambom CTDs as i set things lower, the game still run at 40 stable and smoother, but it CTD after some 15 to 30 mins, i also tried other VRAM intensive game such as stalker and Suprem Command, stalker is find untill the crippled drivers started to strick, suprem command? i couldnt run it smooth with things set too high, then here comes the crippled driver BS, so NO the patch isnt that bad, but unstable problem still needs to take care of, BOTH BIS and nV

Exaercase it looks like 8bit HDR problem to me, try to change it into 16 or 32

Shataan how is your avg. stable run time of the game? is it under full load?

I have also problem with 8800 GTX, but new kind of crash of the game, while playing and since I change the HDRprecision do 16. No more memory create crash to desktop but a crash and jam of the game.

Probably the Nvidia drivers are to blamen we should all mail to Nvidia to force them working on this game and not only for Far Cry and so on ...

Does anyone have a really good mail of a nvidia responsable, and we could mass mail him huh.gif?huh.gif?

Hello,

First : Shataan i'm sorry if we don't undestand it's cause of my very bad english, i have not say YOU have create your picture but the oposite :d i have defend myself in saying thaht i don't invent my problem wink_o.gif so sorry for the missunderstood

Now for the Bug : i have finaly found where change the HDR value. Original Value = 8 put to 16 = Bug desapear !!!!! so thx for all that have answer to the post

BUT 3 things :

1. I ve play with the standard seeting (HDR 8 in my version (Europeean (French) version) on V1.04, V1.05, V1.05Beta and with the Combat Operation Demo (V1.06) ihave verify it's also on 8. And in all of this case No Problem so that mean with a patch the game need you modify config file manually (i want to remind to all that a commercial game not a hacker game not all player want to search and read forum for have info !!!wink_o.gif

2. Now that i have kind graphic with the patch i have lose 15 FPS in comparaison with the V1.05Beta (More in comparaison in V1.06 cause the V1.06 was better for perf than V1.05Beta) so i ask myself if put HDR to 16 do not degrade the perf. Result i play now with 20 FPS on most situation (Not palyable under 25) and before in the same situation 35 FPS.

3. As Flasher444 the game now crash and jam (But i know is a beta we must not be rude :d). And moreover many time after load of mission most of texture of guy deseaper in wheicule (i have see that before smile_o.gif but now also out of the vheicule and the problem don't desapear lol wonderfull my guy with one color wink_o.gif

the most important pb is the down of my perf sad_o.gif it's not a pleasure to play with an average 20 FPS.

For the nvidia driver i think you are not complitly wong but if it was a problem with the driver explain me why all work smooth fast and fine with the V1.05Betaz and better with the V1.06 and we have so many problem on V1.07Beta with the SAME drivers.

See you

and stop to defend the game as if you have do it i don't want to critise him i LOVE it but as the V1.07 will be the standard version in the future the Multiplayer game will be in this version and if the V1.07 was buggy i will be sad :d i think moreover that if we say the problem with a BETA bohemia could try to solve it is the mean of a beta the release is public to have the most possible of configuration that test the version and that say the problem for correction for the Final version.

A last thing : someone could say to me where i could put pictures to include in post on forum huh.gif

See you again, and once again thx for the info smile_o.gif

My 8800 Fog looked really cool nothing like that.. I liked the fog with my 8800 becuase i could still have large viewdistaces, hence why i liked 1.06 so much... now it seems they have removed that "cool blueish fog i had" into complete bullshit mess  wink_o.gif my fog was never as bad as that.. but anyways this LOD shite is killing us.. and textures and colour.

My 8800 Fog looked really cool nothing like that.. I liked the fog with my 8800 becuase i could still have large viewdistaces, hence why i liked 1.06 so much... now it seems they have removed that "cool blueish fog i had" into complete bullshit mess  wink_o.gif

Without the fog the game looks too sharp and chrisp.. Unrealistic..

unless you are living in place like Hong Kong you wont get a 2KM VD with smog covering the rest in 99% of time(well the 1% is LOD bugs and CTDs) banghead.gif

All GF8800 user, please try this:

In the ArmA.cfg set the nonlocalVRAM= to "0"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nonlocalVRAM=0

Just tested this and got no LOD or Texture errors.

Please report your results!

MfG Lee

All GF8800 user, please try this:

In the ArmA.cfg set the nonlocalVRAM= to "0"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">nonlocalVRAM=0

Just tested this and got no LOD or Texture errors.

Please report your results!

MfG Lee

Legoland still and hdd crazy.

banghead.gif

unfortually i still get LOD problems and the grey squares.

3000 Veiw Distace High Settings

I just got a crash, but then I realised I had ArmA already open, and was trying to play the same game twice at once, heh. Trying again...

A Public Beta .... A Public Beta .... A Public Beta .... A Public Beta .... A Public Beta

If you don't understand what that means then you should not be using it.

@ MfG Lee

I'll try it out, thanks.

Gnat @ May 12 2007,14:43)]A Public Beta .... A Public Beta .... A Public Beta .... A Public Beta .... A Public Beta

If you don't understand what that means then you should not be using it.

@ MfG Lee

I'll try it out, thanks.

Can people stop making silly comments please.