Sign in to follow this  
danowen

US weapons

I think its a good thing that soldiers put videos in the net. This way everyone can have a look what it's actually looking like over there.

Especially here in Germany the media tells you that everything the US does ist simply bull****. They always show pictures of GIs shooting at innocent people or destroying anything but they never show soldiers helping persons, doing the police's job and everything like this.

I think that the US Army and others do a good job in the middle east but its not easy to help people that don't see that they need help.

I think its a good thing that soldiers put videos in the net. This way everyone can have a look what it's actually looking like over there.

Yeah, if the videos are made by soldiers acting on their own accord, not this piece of cleaned up propaganda, do you really think the US goverment would allow anything that could possibly hurt it's interests to be distributed by a service (whatever part of the army that is tasked with making these videos) they control?

In war, never trust the official news from either side, it's filled with propaganda, lies and semi-truths.

Especially here in Germany the media tells you that everything the US does ist simply bull****. They always show pictures of GIs shooting at innocent people or destroying anything but they never show soldiers helping persons, doing the police's job and everything like this.

I think that the US Army and others do a good job in the middle east but its not easy to help people that don't see that they need help.

I spent a year in Iraq and I appreciate your thinking. Everyone, the media, governments, the internet, all have ways of distorting what's really going on. I feel that no one know's until they are there, on the streets, seeing it with their own eyes. But it's good to know people like you are out there and not everyone is getting fooled.

Thanks,

Monty

Yo Monty, Ive seen some of your videos on afew websites bud seems the've proved quite popular smile_o.gif Anywho its good to have you back.

I spent a year in Iraq and I appreciate your thinking. Everyone, the media, governments, the internet, all have ways of distorting what's really going on. I feel that no one know's until they are there, on the streets, seeing it with their own eyes. But it's good to know people like you are out there and not everyone is getting fooled.

Thanks,

Monty

... ok?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3UrVRCojJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zrss0fwmM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_BSksdvAM

And that's just stuff that doesn't get deleted off youtube...

aww i keep finding more nuggets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=

Csonka stop being a flamebaiting arsehat and respect, theres bad eggs in any military.

Hey I'm sure monty himself is a great guy, i mean he just flies choppers but lets face it nice US footsoldiers are the exception not the rule...

If youre from Germany then im curious what TV stations you watch... wow_o.gif

Last things i heard about Iraq were either the daily news about some bomb that exploded somwhere in Bagdad or about everyday duty of the soldiers there.

Hey I'm sure monty himself is a great guy, i mean he just flies choppers but lets face it nice US footsoldiers are the exception not the rule...

Wow, how does it feel to be that ignorant?

i mean he just flies choppers

And what pray tell, did you ever do?

By that I meant that he's not on the ground... Not that flying choppers is a worthless thing.

Quote[/b] ]Wow, how does it feel to be that ignorant?

I'm not blaming them, they're out there for months in the dusty sun and not a single brothel in sight, crappy KBR food and 99$ for washing clothes, Haliburton not cleaning their water, asshats like me telling them on the internet, hairy arabs that have no access to water. I'd be pissed too.

But lets stop acting like US soldiers are modern day Saints.

By that I meant that he's not on the ground... Not that flying choppers is a worthless thing.
Quote[/b] ]Wow, how does it feel to be that ignorant?

I'm not blaming them, they're out there for months in the dusty sun and not a single brothel in sight, crappy KBR food and 99$ for washing clothes, Haliburton not cleaning their water, asshats like me telling them on the internet, hairy arabs that have no access to water. I'd be pissed too.

But lets stop acting like US soldiers are modern day Saints.

Let me tell you something. First, I'm not pilot, I'm a crew chief and I was there, on the ground, carrying my dead brothers bodies onto my aircraft so I could get them home. I was there, in Baghdad and Ramahdi and Tikrit and Taji, I've seen, I've lived it. Now I know that you're probably the smartest man in these forums and that you probably know way more about US soldiers and the war than anyone else on earth, but please stop disrespecting me and my military brothers, not just US, but all of the military from around the world and the civilians who are over there, away from their families, trying to make the world a little bit safer, a little bit better, and a little bit more free so people like you can sit at home and sip your tea without worrying about your children being kidnapped by terrorist or your wife getting blown up at the market by a suicide bomber.

american,british,... soldiers are just a bunch of boys

who didn't know what to do of their lives so they

decided to serve their country (read leader will) ,

their quest for adventure and recognition also pushed

them on this track.

Later to justify and bear all the killings (friends or foe),

they start to believe in this " let's make this world a safer place" BS.

They aren't meaner than you and me,

just under pressure and bored.

What should be criticize is more their leader decision to send them over .

CsonkaPityu

Quite frankly I find your comments and attitude disgusting.

+1wl 48hr pr

Do not pursue this topic again.

Quote[/b] ]american,british,... soldiers are just a bunch of boys

who didn't know what to do of their lives so they

decided to serve their country (read leader will) ,

their quest for adventure and recognition also pushed

them on this track.

Later to justify and bear all the killings (friends or foe),

they start to believe in this " let's make this world a safer place" BS.

They aren't meaner than you and me,

just under pressure and bored.

My entire family ought to beat up on you for that. I could recite my own personal history to you as well, but that would be making your idiocy seem acceptable.

simba ...

then i wonder into what cathegory falls the otherside

guy who follows order of clerks or fanatic leader to kill self in middle of marketplace by detonation x kg of explosives

maybe civil victims , man, woman, kids are Your vision of safer place and world ...

noone prevents these so called "freedom" rebels to fight real forces (army, police, gov staff) ...

but killing anyone anywhere ...

most of profi soldiers i know which served in Afganistan , ex Yugo and Iraq done it because they think they can help other people and change the world a BIT ...

most of You seems got idea that all soldiers do is just killing ...

In a way I agree with you dwarden,

I'm just saying that you can go to war to make good things,

but once you are sucked into the storm of it,

you gonna have to do your job, protect your team mates and obey orders.

But now after years of war,

who can now enrol in US army and think that

this is gonna do any good ?

do you really think that the man who carry

an explosive belt thinks he does a bad thing ?

He simply has a different scale of value

wish seems fucked up for us.

Now I was talking in the particular context

of clearly unfair wars like Irak invasion,

I have great respect for TRUE peacekeeping forces.

Some war improve things most of them don't, at the end we will all have to face the consequences of our acts.

the problem lays completely in different area ...

2nd War in Iraq wasn't needed IF OSN got balls and allowed Allies with UN mandate TO throw Saddam from force ...

but noo way too many countries got deals with Saddam (not just USA but half of the world) and Iraq got debts etc ...

so the problem was postponed ...

IMHO who now remembers the real victim Kuwait ?

i mean all wars are lost when

"no war no army needed" politics and "peace" fanatics start messing with crowd via media ...

imagine antiwar style of today in prior time...

then world falled under nazi rule ...

actions needs to be taken, swiftly ...

whoever thinks this world can be safe w/o use of force is way too naive

and trust me i don't like it but it's the only option in most cases ...

Quote[/b] ]2nd War in Iraq wasn't needed IF OSN got balls and allowed Allies with UN mandate TO throw Saddam from force ...

but noo way too many countries got deals with Saddam (not just USA but half of the world) and Iraq got debts etc ...

so the problem was postponed ...

Why throw saddam from force ?

because Saddam attacked Kuwait ? because was breaking UN resolutions? because he was oppresing own people ...

and at that point of time nearly whole world including all arab countries AGREED with it ...

yet then there was UN and ... rest is already history we all know ...

wasted chance to remove real dictator while all were "happy" about ...

WTF? I am one of those "mean footsoldiers" in Iraq. Army...Infantry...Fallujah, Al Anbar. You really have no idea what it is that you are talking about at all...you don't know anything about us or what we do....so STFU...that's right...S....T....F....U.

because Saddam attacked Kuwait ? because was breaking UN resolutions? because he was oppresing own people ...

That wasn't why we went in, the reason was WMD's.

If it was those reasons you stated then why do we not take down all the other dictatotships? That's what would be the reaction by people and other governments/UN/EU etc.

That wasn't why we went in, the reason was WMD's.

If it was those reasons you stated then why do we not take down all the other dictatotships? That's what would be the reaction by people and other governments/UN/EU etc.

Because we did not have a broken cease-fire agreement with them from a previous war.

Cease fire broken means Desert Storm is still in effect.