cpl_BOB

WHO has actually been in the army here?

military police , anti riot ?

hehehhehehehe

i work in a police anti riot squad now , the CRS

the 28th unit of the 5th group "centre limousin" , i'm based at Poitiers

i'm captain

Sadico,

Straight up you will probably say a lot of bad things about the Army when you are in, especially if you are a grunt. In general life will suck for you while you are in.

We have a saying in the US Army, what does not kill you only makes you stronger. If I had to do my time again I would, but it sucked most of the time. I work in the civilian world now and most things are easy for me compaired to those never in the military. I have a strong appreciation for the most simplist of things. Makes keeping a good attitude at work all that much easier. Attitude is everything in being successful.

Hope this helps

Callsign: Cowboy

Errr.....wtf is this topic doing in the ADDONS forum? tounge.gif

I like in Larnaca which is very close to Dekelia. Hehe Cyprus is a nice place in summer with Ayia Napa biggrin.gif

I served in a heavy mortar company in the FDF (Finnish Defense Force). Eventually made it to PFC (we call it corporal), although I have no idea why they promoted me. wink.gif

I got to shoot Sako RK 62 7.62mm and LMG. Mainly though I shot a bunch of rounds with the 88mm light mortar and a shitload with the 120mm heavy mortar. Also got to toss live handgrenades and blow up loads of TNT, plastique and frost penetration charges.

Man, once I forgot my earmuffs as we were lobbing 120mm grenades with maximum charge. The sound was so loud, I didn't actually much hear it. Funny.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Feb. 13 2002,13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I served in a heavy mortar company in the FDF (Finnish Defense Force). Eventually made it to PFC (we call it corporal), although I have no idea why they promoted me.  wink.gif

I got to shoot Sako RK 62 7.62mm and LMG. Mainly though I shot a bunch of rounds with the 88mm light mortar and a shitload with the 120mm heavy mortar. Also got to toss live handgrenades and blow up loads of TNT, plastique and frost penetration charges.

Man, once I forgot my earmuffs as we were lobbing 120mm grenades with maximum charge. The sound was so loud, I didn't actually much hear it. Funny.<span id='postcolor'>

Try to contact Pete on this forum, I thought he did exactly the same in the finnish army.

I served as gunner of BMP-2 in FDF (Finnish Defence Force here also).

And fired

RK 62 (7.62 Assault Rifle)

PKM and PKT (same weapon in tanks)

KVKK

LAV

30mm Autocanon (2A42)

AT-5

9mm FN Pistol

AK-47

That is all I remebered... Might be others...

I served 5 years in the United States Army. I flew OH58 Kiowa scout helicopters. The primary mission being advance scouting for AH1 Cobra gunships. Later, my unit upgraded to the AH64 Apache. We also performed artillary spotting, downed aircrew searches and courier missions.

The only weapon I ever fired was the M16, Baretta 9mm and once I fired the 7.62 six barrell mini-gun (from inside the Cobra of course).

Blah it's like 2,5 more years before im in to the FDF. I will prolly go to Nylands brigad sad.gif but i am thinking of requesting another units since they are really badly equipped, any one who has went to FDF comment this?

AF/SOF is out of question for me got a bad eyesight on my right eye (luckily i am a left-handed person: sniping still works if i get an ambidextrous rifle). My dad was in the mortar troops and he hated it smile.gif

Chickenhawk,

Being fairly good at math helps in certain situations, like making quick, ballpark wind direction vs. compass heading calculations. But nothing like an astronaut needs.

By the way, theres an excellent book about Vietnam helo flying called Chickenhawk. The authors last name is Mason.

Served 9 years in the US Air Force as a communications/navigations systems tech on C-141b,C-5a/b, and KC-135's. Other than the M-16 and 9mm, didn't really get to play with any cool weapons, just alot of tools and test equipment:-)

I read it smile.gif, thats how I got this name lol.

I'm hoping to join the navy in September and then hopefully join the Fleet Air Arm as an amphibious assault helo pilot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DigitalCenturion @ Feb. 14 2002,18:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Blah it's like 2,5 more years before im in to the FDF. I will prolly go to Nylands brigad sad.gif but i am thinking of requesting another units since they are really badly equipped, any one who has went to FDF comment this? AF/SOF is out of question for me got a bad eyesight on my right eye (luckily i am a left-handed person: sniping still works if i get an ambidextrous rifle). My dad was in the mortar troops and he hated it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The personal equipment you nowadays get in FDF is not that bad. At least in Pori Brigade we mostly got from the mark 91 patch of clothes. If you are unfortunate enough to get from the older lot (made in sixties), you're fucked.

The armament... I guess it is adequate for a small country.

The difference between liking and hating the mortar troops is a matter of calibre. If you end up in a light mortar company, it will suck all the way, because you have to lug that bitch around the grounds, since light mortar is "man portable". If you end up in a heavy company, it rocks, since heavy mortar is not man portable and so you drive everywhere with trucks. You do this even when the jaeger companies walk. So you can give them the finger when you drive past. It's a lot of fun. biggrin.gif

To qualify for sniping, you have to shoot awesomely with the assault rifle. And RK62 is not ambidexterous.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 12 2002,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">military police , anti riot ?

hehehhehehehe

i work in a police anti riot squad now , the CRS

the 28th unit of the 5th group "centre limousin" , i'm based at Poitiers

i'm captain<span id='postcolor'>

He-he, looks like i've got a colegue here biggrin.gif

Yeap, in Israel dealing with riots is Border guards and MP duty mainly. Well, i think you have seen our RIOTs... biggrin.gif

We first useed sticks and shields and then switched to rubber bullets and tear gas grenades fired from "Federals". The riots are getting worse...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Feb. 14 2002,12:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Blah it's like 2,5 more years before im in to the FDF. I will prolly go to Nylands brigad sad.gif but i am thinking of requesting another units since they are really badly equipped, any one who has went to FDF comment this? AF/SOF is out of question for me got a bad eyesight on my right eye (luckily i am a left-handed person: sniping still works if i get an ambidextrous rifle). My dad was in the mortar troops and he hated it smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The personal equipment you nowadays get in FDF is not that bad. At least in Pori Brigade we mostly got from the mark 91 patch of clothes. If you are unfortunate enough to get from the older lot (made in sixties), you're fucked.

The armament... I guess it is adequate for a small country.

The difference between liking and hating the mortar troops is a matter of calibre. If you end up in a light mortar company, it will suck all the way, because you have to lug that bitch around the grounds, since light mortar is "man portable". If you end up in a heavy company, it rocks, since heavy mortar is not man portable and so you drive everywhere with trucks. You do this even when the jaeger companies walk. So you can give them the finger when you drive past. It's a lot of fun.  biggrin.gif

To qualify for sniping, you have to shoot awesomely with the assault rifle. And RK62 is not ambidexterous.<span id='postcolor'>

It looks like a lot of us Finns have served in the same place, Pori Brigade in Säkylä. And I actually was in the same building with you. I was in 3.JK (3rd jaeger company), if I remember correctly it was right next to korohoro (a nickname for mortar company).

When I was there, 3.JK was the recon company. And I guess I did pretty well with RK because I got qualified to sniper training and got even promoted to sergeant smile.gif

W00t w00t! Not me! The army is for the mainstream slaves and followers, not to mention militarists/fascists/sickos.

"I don't wanna be a soldier I don't wanna kill, I don't wanna be a soldier I don't wanna die." -- John Lennon

Refusing to serve the System is the way to go. You decide what to kill or die for (if anything), not some fat politician a-s-s-hole!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (4ntifa @ Feb. 19 2002,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">W00t w00t! Not me! The army is for the mainstream slaves and followers, not to mention militarists/fascists/sickos.

"I don't wanna be a soldier I don't wanna kill, I don't wanna be a soldier I don't wanna die." -- John Lennon

Refusing to serve the System is the way to go. You decide what to kill or die for (if anything), not some fat politician a-s-s-hole!<span id='postcolor'>

Whoa Whoa!!

Where's the MP Riot police now tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">W00t w00t! Not me! The army is for the mainstream slaves and followers, not to mention militarists/fascists/sickos.

Refusing to serve the System is the way to go. You decide what to kill or die for (if anything), not some fat politician a-s-s-hole!<span id='postcolor'>

Don't worry, we'll snap him into line. Or else......maybe it's the drugs speaking? What is he on?

I don't consider myself a slave, militarist, facist or a sicko. 4ntifa, you have a twisted sense of reality. mad.gif

Oh well........

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (4ntifa @ Feb. 19 2002,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">W00t w00t! Not me! The army is for the mainstream slaves and followers, not to mention militarists/fascists/sickos.

Yes, Yes, peace, PEACE !!!

Yeah, Yeah, yeah... Sure...

Snap out of it !

Drugs damage your brain ! (when used exsessively)

So stop your anti-government agitation or come with us biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (4ntifa @ Feb. 19 2002,13:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"I don't wanna be a soldier I don't wanna kill, I don't wanna be a soldier I don't wanna die." -- John Lennon

Frigging John Lennon... Right. Let me quote you some Mark Knopfler.

"I'm a soldier of fortune, I'm a dog of war. And I don't give a #### who the killing it is for. It's the same old story with a different name. Death or glory, it's the killing game. Gonna ride across the river, deep and wide. Ride across the river to the other side."

Man, the cause is not important. It's the soldiering itself, which is so much fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Feb. 19 2002,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">W00t w00t! Not me! The army is for the mainstream slaves and followers, not to mention militarists/fascists/sickos.

Don't worry, we'll snap him into line. Or else......maybe it's the drugs speaking? What is he on?

I don't consider myself a slave, militarist, facist or a sicko. 4ntifa, you have a twisted sense of reality. mad.gif

Oh well........

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

I admit I was a bit provocative... I just couldn't resist the temptation. But seriously, matters of life and death are not something I let the System decide for me. I can't understand why someone would give up his morals and let others decide for him.

I'm not on drugs. I have my use of intoxicants strictly under control, I can assure you.

I have a very good sense of reality, thank you. I just don't believe everything the System or the mainstream media tells me. Nor should you. Besides, even a twisted sense of reality is better than swallowing the pre-processed "truth" they're feeding you!