Sign in to follow this  
shadowze

1.07 beta 8800 GTX texture bug

here is my crash RPT files

http://rapidshare.com/files/31122874/4in1crashreoprt.zip.html

i enclose together with my setting

all on very high but pp and AA on low VD 2000

can someone help me to put it on BTS?

Hey 4 in 1, if you put shadows on normal, do you still have CTD?

yes i still have CTDs

new entery added

Quote[/b] ]=======================================================

Date: 05/14/07  Time: 02:58:25

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0056FDC7

graphics:  D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.11.6501

resolution:  1024x768x32

Addons:

Desert in Ca\Desert\, CAIntroAnims in ca\introanims\, CASounds in ca\sounds\

CA_Missions_Armory1 in ca\missions\armory1.intro\

CAweapons3_m107 in ca\weapons3\m107\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg in ca\weapons3\m16a4_acg\, CAWheeled in ca\wheeled\

CA_Missions in ca\missions\, CAWheeled3_TT650 in CA\wheeled3\tt650\

CARoads in CA\roads\, CAAir in CA\air\, CA_Anims in ca\anims\, CAUI in ca\UI\

CAWeapons in CA\weapons\, CAweapons3_m16a4 in ca\weapons3\m16a4\

CAWeapons3_ammocrates in ca\weapons3\ammocrates\, CAAnimals in CA\animals\

CAAir3_Su34 in CA\air3\su34\, CACharacters in ca\characters\, CAFonts in ca\UIFonts\

CAweapons3_m16a4_gl in ca\weapons3\m16a4_gl\, CAWeapons3 in ca\weapons3\

CAWheeled3_M1030 in CA\wheeled3\m1030\, CASigns in CA\signs\, CAAir3 in CA\air3\

CAMisc in CA\misc\, CAPlants in CA\plants\, CAVoice in ca\voice\, CAData in ca\

CALanguage in ca\language\, CAWater in ca\water\

CAweapons3_aks74pso in ca\weapons3\aks74pso\

CA_Anims_Char in ca\anims\characters\, CATracked in ca\tracked\

CAweapons3_ksvk in ca\weapons3\ksvk\

in t7 S?禘"}? ??o?>#

huh.gif O??╞瞋wink_o.gif? {陓?> iNu?qo??躍? ?IqA?w抪? V#?? *?>蚥6?}錫 ?呿?O

]t

鏝跟?

Sara in CA\sara\, CAWheeled3 in CA\wheeled3\, CABuildings in ca\buildings\

CAweapons3_m16a4_acg_gl in ca\weapons3\m16a4_acg_gl\, CARocks in Ca\Rocks\

Distribution: 1292

Version 1.07.5154

Fault address:  0056FDC7 01:0016EDC7 E:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe

file:    

world:    Sara

Prev. code bytes: 8B 81 64 07 00 00 8B 40 04 83 EC 14 85 C0 74 12

Fault code bytes: 8B 80 FC 06 00 00 85 C0 74 08 8B 50 28 39 4A 04

Registers:

EAX:FFFFFF3F EBX:00000000

ECX:12AC0400 EDX:00970784

ESI:12AC0400 EDI:10681000

CS:EIP:001B:0056FDC7

SS:ESP:0023:0127AACC  EBP:0127AAE0

DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003B  GS:0000

Flags:00010286

=======================================================

error: Minidump is unavailable. MiniDumpWriteDump into D:\Documents and Settings\Pong\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\arma.mdmp failed (error 0x8007001e).

new RPT added

http://rapidshare.com/files/31132290/ArmAcrashreport2.zip.html

this time i hang around a bit longer and the screen starts go a bit crazy b4 CTDs

Well I tried changing the - HDRPrecision set to 32 and nonlocalvram set to "0"

Seemed to work but cut my framerates by almost 2/3rds. With 1.05 I was getting framerates in the 60s, now with using the above changes They are in the high teens and single digits looking thru a scope or tank optics.

Why is it worse now?... 1.05 was great for me graphically. Just the other bugs needed to be fixed,

Argh! banghead.gif

Well I tried changing the - HDRPrecision set to 32 and nonlocalvram set to "0"

Seemed to work but cut my framerates by almost 2/3rds.  With 1.05 I was getting framerates in the 60s, now with using the above changes They are in the high teens and single digits looking thru a scope or tank optics.

Why is it worse now?... 1.05 was great for me graphically.  Just the other bugs needed to be fixed,

Argh! banghead.gif

then there is a good chance that you got a card with more hiden sickness more then i have confused_o.gif

Wheres ArmA.cfg?  I dont seem to have it sad_o.gif

*system drive*:/Documents and Settings/ *username* /My Documents/ArmA

Hey you 8800 guys aren't the only one having the problems. I just did a reformat, and now I have issues with seeing polygons, and after like 3 minutes of playing my game will just crash to the desktop. I'm getting sick and tired of this... seems everytime BIS gets their hands on the game they jack something else up.

BIS ==> goodnight.gif

i dunno how long have you been playing BI game but this is what i expected to happen

BTW what have you done inorder to sort out the problem?

I updated to the latest ATI Catalyst 7.4 and I am attempting to update DirectX to the latest version as well. I'm about to install Windows Vista, hopefully this will fix my problem.

A dont go vista so fast first, can you tell me your spec and setting?

I am also having a issue with 1.07 [loaded it on my PC yesterday]. I am running with a EVGA 8800 GTS with 158.22 Nvidia Drivers.

Click to see larger view.

smenu.jpg

sah-6.jpg

When I first start the game all is okay but then after I exit a mission/Armory the Textures go south on me.

ssettings.jpg

turn all setting to high or very high see if texture still bugged, if not, lower your VD to 2500, see if it crash back to desktop

if so make sure that its your system to manage Pagefile and try again, if it still get CTDs, locat your .RPT and binmap something like that in :

*system drive*:/Documents and Settings/ *username* /local setting/ArmA

and sent it to someone who have BTS account or directly to suma, and hope in time they will find a fix for that confused_o.gif

I've been having the same texture problems and menu problems with my 8800gtx, i''m going to try the config changes and i'll see if it works but right now i'm at skew.

4in1 - is that for me or someone else?

yes it is

yes it is

10-4 - I give that a try tonight when I get home from work.

Question: Why do I need to set my page file back to OS Control? I have mine set manually and have always done so [so the file is on its own/faster hard drive].

yes it is

10-4 - I give that a try tonight when I get home from work.

Question:  Why do I need to set my page file back to OS Control?  I have mine set manually and have always done so [so the file is on its own/faster hard drive].

well just to test if the myth works, you can put it back on everytime you want

BTW i set 2 pagefile on different drive, one on my bootup and the other on another driver, windows will choose the non-bootup driver as it have less workload

I've just applied these tweaks to my arma.cfg file in my docs.

Now the game wont even launch.

The furtherest it will get is the small window box that comes up on screen showing a series of tick boxes to indicate loading progress.

After all the boxes are filled the window disappears, then nothing.

After various reboots and trying to run the beta launch shortcut, and also rebooting and trying the original launch icon from my desktop, the same thing.

I've also tried reverting the settings in the arma.cfg back to the original settings, reboot. Nothing.

In task manager the arma.exe is running with 51% CPU and about 56,000kb of the memory. When the tick box window disappears, the arma.exe will run under processes for about 10/15 seconds and then just disappear.

Im running :-

XFX 8800 GTS 640

1 gig 1066 Corsair twin pair

Abit A9N Fatality Mobo

3400+ AMD AM2 X2 dual core

Windows XP 32bit (SP2)

nVidia drviers 158.22

ok I basically fixed my problems by setting the configs like someone said earlier on page 1 I think. I also got the latest nvidia drivers, turned my shadows on normal and texture detail on very high. About one time I think I was having a texture error but I alt tabed out and back in and haven't had any problems since, been playin about 2 hours and it's fine, I also had the buttons problem I can see all them now to. My desktop backround settings are set to 1600 by 1200 along with my game, not sure if that matters but it might. Hopefully BIS does fix this and make it work like it was in 1.05.

turn all setting to high or very high see if texture still bugged, if not, lower your VD to 2500, see if it crash back to desktop

if so make sure that its your system to manage Pagefile and try again, if it still get CTDs, locat your .RPT and binmap something like that in :

and sent it to someone who have BTS account or directly to suma, and hope in time they will find a fix for that confused_o.gif

Well, just did a small test with *everything* set high [same VD as before]. I played a number of AH-6, Truck, M16-ACOG Armory sessions. After each one I when back to the main menu before first "viewing" each of the above [then trying them out].

With settings set all high, no odd texture issues. Before with almost all Normal Settings, I would only have to play one Armory Session [Trying out] or perhaps two and Textures would go wacky on me.

No CTD issues but I only played for ~30 minutes or so.

BTW, when *everything* is set high, man it looks great! To bad I mostly get 15~25 FPS.

Well, just did a small test with *everything* set high [same VD as before].  I played a number of AH-6, Truck, M16-ACOG Armory sessions.  After each one I when back to the main menu before first "viewing" each of the above [then trying them out].

With settings set all high, no odd texture issues.  Before with almost all Normal Settings, I would only have to play one Armory Session [Trying out] or perhaps two and Textures would go wacky on me.

No CTD issues but I only played for ~30 minutes or so.  

BTW, when *everything* is set high, man it looks great!  To bad I mostly get 15~25 FPS.

hum, mine can pump out 30 some atless confused_o.gif

Well, so can mine and sometimes I get 40+ FPS. However, I take the lesser of my values I see displayed on my Keyboard LCD where FRAPs displays my FPS.

So, I would say I am more often under 30 FPS, generally around 25 but sometimes I dip to 15~20 [but it does not stick there]. In the AH-6 Try Me, Flying around I would say 20~25 was my average.

wink_o.gif

just a suggestion, unrelated to texture or lod bugs, but i think performance improves if ingame AA is set to low (disabling it will not allow any external AA) and then in Nvidia control panel you set AA to ignore 3D app and set it as you see fit, personaly i dont get any texture or lod bug on my BFG8800GTX, but this might help someone.

i think i finally be able to debug my 8800 by turning AF off, but god the game looks ulter crap now sad_o.gif

edit wait i got CTD again, damn

Trying to get a 8800 to work is impossible, ive tried absolutly everything one can possibly do, rofl.gif its no use, shelf the game or revert to 1.05b lol. untill full 1.07 is released.

Well, i decided to give it an other go.

Followed the instruction of Lee and other suggestions:

HDRPrecision=16; (haven't tried 32, if it improves anything or has impack)

nonlocalVRAM=0; (made sure my arma.cfg is read-only)

But also tried the AA tip. Although i didn't directly noticed any quality impack, ingame AA or nvidia AA, but there was a big drop after i passed the following options in my nHancer for ArmA:

Anti-Aliasing

Supersampling

8xS

Enhance ingame-AA

Gamme correction

Multi Tranparency AA (on super i noticed a slight drop, not sure if super is that noticable)

For the rest no changes in res. or other visual settings:

1280x1024x32 85Hz

VD 4432

Terrain: High

Object-textures: Very high

Shading: Very high

AF: Very high

Shadows: High-very high or normal (got the shadow bug, but guess BIS is aware of that)

AA: Low (see above)

Blood: High

Hardware:

Asus extreme striker

EVGA 8800GTX ACS3

E6600 (stock atm)

Raptor drivers (1x75gb Windows XP Pro SP2 - 1x150gb ArmA)

Software:

Windwos XP pro SP2

DX9.0c (april patch)

158.22 nvidia drivers

So sofar for me it fixed my previous problems, namely the lod and texture bugs. Haven't test so long and intense, so no report of a CTD or any errors.

So maybe it is possible to get the 8800 running after all, but damn it almost feels you need to mod (outside) the game to get it up and running crazy_o.gif .

Anyway, sofar again a happy boy. Time will tell.