Sign in to follow this  
Darkyyy

Vista Black load screen?

did you try the latest 7.6 ati drivers?

yes i did update drivers and patches nothing worked.

for chits n giggles..do you mind try turning off UAC (User Account Control) in Vista?

i use vista with it turned off and no joy. i just pulled the trigger on a diamond 2900xt 1gb. maybe that will run arma in vista64.

*bump*

Here's my original post on the thread:

I have the exact same problem on Vista x64. I've tried all the steps above, no joy, and I can't seem to find a way to disable the second monitor (I only use the one screen anyway). I'm obviously using Catalyst 7.6, ArmA patch 1.08 and all the latest drivers and windows updates. I've not played the game yet and I bought it when it was released!

System spec:

Intel Core 2 6700 running at 3.57Ghz

Asus P5B WiFi Deluxe

4GB Kingston Hyperx

ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB

2 x Western Digital WD2500 in RAID-0

Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic

Sharp LL-191-B 19'' TFT

Original thread: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64690

*bump*

Here's my original post on the thread:

I have the exact same problem on Vista x64. I've tried all the steps above, no joy, and I can't seem to find a way to disable the second monitor (I only use the one screen anyway). I'm obviously using Catalyst 7.6, ArmA patch 1.08 and all the latest drivers and windows updates. I've not played the game yet and I bought it when it was released!

System spec:

Intel Core 2 6700 running at 3.57Ghz

Asus P5B WiFi Deluxe

4GB Kingston Hyperx

ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB

2 x Western Digital WD2500 in RAID-0

Sound Blaster X-Fi ExtremeMusic

Sharp LL-191-B 19'' TFT

Original thread: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64690

same story i got the game via direct 2 drive and yet to play it from release date and i can not get any help to fix this so keep this on the front page till they fix this.

I have this problem too!!

I have: Vista Home premium 64bit

ASUS P5k Motherboard

ASUS EN8800GTX

4Gb Geil Ultra ddr2 memory

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600

Please, sbdy help me, because i really want to play this game!!

i have the 1.8 patch and 163.11 nvidia driver

Joining in on this problem too. Updated my Nvidia Drivers to 163.11 and, whoppeeee, game over....  help.gif

alas and alack. i upgraded to a 2900xt and installed the 7.7 cats and still have the same problem in vista64. no surface textures created. a menu page with blank black icons and a slightly whitish half page background is all that comes up for Arma.

dual boot is still the only option.

Joining in on this problem too. Updated my Nvidia Drivers to 163.11 and, whoppeeee, game over....  help.gif

and before that?? arma was ok with another driver?? If yes, which driver was you can play with arma??

this topic is 2 months old and there are alot of vista topics that are current..

Anyway Vista is horrid with this game.. I recommend making a partition and using xp or getting rid of vista until it becomes stable.

vista in general is still a horrible operating system anyway.

this game does not support vista as well and is not indicated as doing so on the box.

I went through these same problems as you guys and the only thing that saved my arse is removing vista and installing xp.. or making a partition for xp and arma.. i spent days on this.. and nothing.. vista is just a terrible OS, especially for this game..

yes I have vista fyi... it's in my box of garbage microsoft products.. like ME...lol.. and the pinnacle that is made for vista, that doesn't work with vista... yea... nice..lol.

also i see you have X-fi.

it caused me some serious conflicts with the 8800 video card.. Idk if it appplies seeing as your using ATI but it's something to take into consideration.. x-fi in general is known as a resource hog and has issues.

I had the exact same sound card as you and I removed it and am using MOBO sound now because of it..

I recommend you get the hotfix for dual cores also when u do get it running.. it's in the "tips and tricks" section.. it helps intel dual cores work better with single core programs "like arma" and since i installed it i have much less polygonal effects and slow loads in my opinion.

ArmA plays very VERY nicely on my Vista 64bit!!

It has no issues hosting a server!

Never undertsood them saying no to it.

ArmA plays very VERY nicley on my Vista 64bit!!

which nvidia driver do you have??

163.11 gives me black screens and then hazy grey ones with distorted icons.

Totally unplayable.

ArmA plays very VERY nicley on my Vista 64bit!!

which nvidia driver do you have??

158.24 whql

the new beta drivers are not enabling sli for alot of users, like me.

this topic is 2 months old and there are alot of vista topics that are current..

Anyway Vista is horrid with this game.. I recommend making a partition and using xp or getting rid of vista until it becomes stable.

vista in general is still a horrible operating system anyway.

this game does not support vista as well and is not indicated as doing so on the box.

I went through these same problems as you guys and the only thing that saved my arse is removing vista and installing xp.. or making a partition for xp and arma.. i spent days on this.. and nothing.. vista is just a terrible OS, especially for this game..

yes I have vista fyi... it's in my box of garbage microsoft products.. like ME...lol.. and the pinnacle that is made for vista, that doesn't work with vista... yea... nice..lol.

also i see you have X-fi.

it caused me some serious conflicts with the 8800 video card.. Idk if it appplies seeing as your using ATI but it's something to take into consideration.. x-fi in general is known as a resource hog and has issues.

I had the exact same sound card as you and I removed it and am using MOBO sound now because of it..

I recommend you get the hotfix for dual cores also when u do get it running.. it's in the "tips and tricks" section.. it helps intel dual cores work better with single core programs "like arma" and  since i installed it i have much less polygonal effects and slow loads in my opinion.

I know this is not related to my problem but i have to stick up for vista i just want to point out that all pc games in the future will be run on direct x 10 and unless your happy playing arma for the rest of your life or any older games

you are going to have to upgrade to vista or pray for mac to jump on the direct x 10 train and i recomend you get the ultimate vers of vista because the rest of them do sux..

o yeah one more thing crysis is just around the corner be happy it suports direct x 9c so you might want to dust off your stolen vista beta .

ps thanks for the info i refuse to down grade my pc to play a game or run a dual os. im sure it can run on my system some how i just gota keep on cryin.

Ok, so now nvidia has released another WHQL. Version 162.22.

Any black loading screen with this 1?

whistle.gif

And do any1 think that nvlddmkm display error has gone with it?  crazy_o.gif

And do any1 think that nvlddmkm display error has gone with it?  crazy_o.gif

I haven't seen that error since the 158.*** drivers were released.

and before that?? arma was ok with another driver??  If yes, which driver was you can play with arma??

I used 162.22 beta. Prior to that, i used the 158.xx drivers.. Stable and good.

But now i dont dare to install the newest WHQL. Im afraid of more bugs. Using 158.24 now, and can play well.

Any1 tried the 162.22 WHQL?  whistle.gif

That's all well and good for Nvidia users, but what about ATI? Anyone had any luck with the Catalysts yet? I have 7.7 installed on a x1900xt, and I've never actually been able to play the game (!), despite trying all I could to sort out this problem.

I want to sign in here too. I have same problem. (Black screen)

Specs:

Windows Vista home premium 64-bit

Intel E6600 2.4GHz

Nvidia 8800GTX (Drivers: 162.22)

Asus P5W-DH deluxe

4Gb ram

That's all well and good for Nvidia users, but what about ATI? Anyone had any luck with the Catalysts yet? I have 7.7 installed on a x1900xt, and I've never actually been able to play the game (!), despite trying all I could to sort out this problem.

i've tried the 8.40rc3 cats and no difference.

i've submitted a ticket with ati, maybe if others do it will help them think it's important enough to do something about it. you'll need the P/N (or maybe the s/n - i forget which, you'll find them on a little piece of paper glued to the back of your card) of your card to register and submit a ticket.

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

I want to sign in here too. I have same problem. (Black  screen)

Specs:

Intel E6600 2.4GHz

Asus P5W-DH deluxe

4Gb ram

Do u use 162.22 beta or WHQL? If so, use 158.24. No black loading screen then..   huh.gif

I want to sign in here too. I have same problem. (Black screen)

Specs:

Intel E6600 2.4GHz

Asus P5W-DH deluxe

4Gb ram

Do u use 162.22 beta or WHQL? If so, use 158.24. No black loading screen then.. huh.gif

Ok! Now its working.. a bit better. Why do sometimes all the hmm how do you say it.. textures drops down like i would you use extra extra low settings!? anyone? help.gif

Ok! Now its working.. a bit better. Why do sometimes all the hmm how do you say it.. textures drops down like i would you use extra extra low settings!? anyone?  help.gif

Are you talking about after viewing the map, or respawning... the graphics take 1-2 secs to fully load? (looking straight down loads them fastest for me)

I see that ocasionally, I believe it's a driver issue still being worked on by nvidia. With some of the older drivers I never seen it.