Sign in to follow this  
QuaZ

1.07 beta primary weapons bug

Hi guys, I've just installer the 1.07 beta patch... When I'll arrive in the menu I see the soldiers of the intro without weapons ...  strange  then  opened the editor to try new stuff of this beta patch and seams that all soldiers (creatures) in the game can't show they primary weapon no more (eg. Rifles),  I've tried to close & reopen arma_beta few times but no effect... If some body from the team needs details 'bout my specs for some reason just ask. I think that's the beta "point" to find out bugs smile_o.gif and I've found a nice one too  thumbs-up.gif .

Ah the ai fire the primary weapons with no problem but the model is not showed, if they've a pistol the just have it in their hands but fire the rifle...

Bye boys and girls!

Ok ... i know lol, sorry guys, mod plz delete. whistle.gif

no weapons in my case too

only pistols

what the hell ?

only my custom weapons are working biggrin_o.gif

i wonder is there was even ONE person who tested patch before issuing to the public ?

The strange thing is, all retextured troops seems to produce this bug.

I renamed the addons in my @retex modfolder one after the other, without success. When all addons where renamed to .pbx the bug was gone.

It`s not one addon, it`s all retextured units causing that bug. banghead.gif

buuuuuuu only some of my weapons work, but soldier is walking like from monthy python, like australopitec cripple ;D

total disaster

I'm getting this too, even on default units.

Seems like its not widespread though!

must be a particular addon causing the problem.

I get it on default units too, but only when unofficial retextured units are "activated".

just reinstall ur game whith no addons and launch, its ok,

me the first bug that i'v seen is when u are prone, the grass go prone normaly, but if u launch nade they return up

minor bug but an other one when u are prone on hill the nec are more longer, i hope u enderstand me (if not i write in fr and some one can translate smile_o.gif)

**REMEMBER THAT THE "BLUFOR Special Forces" MODEL HAS CHANGED TO THE HOCKEY HELMETS, MAKING ALL RETEXTURES OF THOSE UNITS OBSOLETE**

Theres a way easier way to fix the Problem!

Step One:

Open your addon folder, and sort by date. The bulk (AKA official files) should all grouped up sepretley from the addons you had before the patch.

(Third party addons before the patch should be obviously different dates.)

Step Two:

Select all third party addons and move them to another folder for example on your desktop.

Step Three:

Start ArmA Beta.

Step Four:

Quit and start moving back the addons in small groups, testing which addon made the fault.

Easy, no reinstallation required.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and then put all my addons in a seperate folder (something I should have done from the start) and now all is good.

The strange thing is, all retextured troops seems to produce this bug.

I renamed the addons in my @retex modfolder one after the other, without success. When all addons where renamed to .pbx the bug was gone.

It`s not one addon, it`s all retextured units causing that bug. banghead.gif

No, I just put my restextured SF units in the addon folder IN the beta folder and they run fine.

this is beta patch, i hope it will be good in non beta stage

after patching 1.02 > 1.05 i have new version of Starforce in PL version and i cannot run from emulation, so game starts much slower, DVDROM makes a lot of noise with disc inside (i have all pasive cooling and my computer was noiseless untill 1.05)

after 1.05 performance went down even maybe 30-40% of FPS

now after 1.07 there are no weapons

there are no SDK tools

i won't be waistng my time to instal, uninstal and etc. i don't have time for it and no fun for me of this anymore

this must be working without problems or just go to hell

i wait for final patch if after patch it will be this way i am finishing with this ***

this gives me no fun at all

i am just angry that i waisted so much money for new PC, i could buy myself Canon EOS 400D and go for vacation in mountains instead of buying PC for ARMA

i am really disapointed and angry

No, I just put my restextured SF units in the addon folder IN the beta folder and they run fine.

I hope this works with other retextured addons too.

I need the addons to work, if not my self made missions will not work. huh.gif

Anyways, thanks for the input. smile_o.gif

only my custom weapons are working

The delicious irony is that its your custom weapons and soldiers (yes, everyone elses cause it too) causing the problem.

Might be better to check your own work before going off on an "OMG BI suck" rant wink_o.gif

After putting the units in the beta/addons folder nearly all units work. Vilas units still cause the weapon bug this way. huh.gif

i am really disapointed and angry

I feel honestly sorry for you.

I've read your story many times already from these forums. It's not nice to see that someone has so much disappointment after using a lot of hard-earned money into new hardware and into ArmA. It doesn't take a genious to say that all that money could have been used better, like for example into a digicam and a vacation. That's a good tip by the way, I might do just that.

Cheer up friend!

thumbs-up.gif

Maybe you should really go to a vacation now and come back later, maybe you would then have better tools and documentation available to do your hobby.

or may be get better if he read through the posts?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and then put all my addons in a seperate folder (something I should have done from the start) and now all is good.

How do i go about doing that? and what do i call the new seperate addons folder? currently all my addons are in the default one in arma.

BTW i'm getting the no primary weapon bug as well.

i found solution, i had to redefine some classes

now all my weapons work biggrin_o.gif

i uploaded on FTP TRG, AUG and APC addon

also i gave to FTP new config files to existing packs 9WW2 and Basic)

now new basic is at uploading, but only configs are enough

BIS changed something in rifle class definition

so the only solution is to change rifle definition in custom weapon addon

This bug is caused by custom addons, not by BI. Just remove the addons, that will fix the bug. You can also try to ask the author of the addon if he can fix it.

Thanks.

Closing. smile_o.gif