Sign in to follow this  
maukings

1.7 beta impressions

yeah , the problem is that the AI pilots are not very clever wink_o.gif and they don't last even 5 second when engaging a tank crazy_o.gif

Tried the update and had to uninstall after an hour because of the following:

1. Some soldiers have no weapons or only a pistol.

2. As above but when I press the fire button a round comes out of the soldiers chest and the soldier has his arms by his side.

3. Crashes everytime I try to use the mission editor.

4. Joystick controls are totally gone from what I had and I cannot change them.

5. No shadows at all regardless of what settings I use.

I tried the single player mission Sanitizing Operation for example and I spawned with a pistol but no rifle etc.

Not impressed with the patch at all. I hope these are fixed for the final release or I'm stuck with 1.05 for now.

Ta

Chi

Chi,

Be sure to post your system specs with your bug report. That will help isolate what the hardware configurations may be that are causing some of the problems.

And a reminder to everyone... This is a BETA!!!!

There are supposed to be bugs! Please post your bugs and state if they are new with the beta or carry over bugs from an old version.Always, always post your system specs. whistle.gif

1. Some soldiers have no weapons or only a pistol.

Try removing any third party addons you have installed; it worked for me.

Please remember that this is a beta patch and the only way to test the patch is without any user addons being loaded too, then any issues that do show up can only be from either the Patch/Game/Hardware and not related to an incompatible user addon.

Lets help ourselves here and at least test the damn thing correctly without slamming the patch because of issues caused from 3rd party addons.

Ok.

Athlon 4000+

2 Gig of Crucial Ram

Nforce 4 Mobo

7900 GTO

Regardless of my specs I should not be firing rounds from my chest and I should be able to change my joystick controls....or is that too much to ask ?

Oh and my addons are in a separate folder.

Ta

Chi

Regardless of my specs I should not be firing rounds from my chest and I should be able to change my joystick controls....or is that too much to ask ?

What do you want? It works fine for everyone else, so it's gotta be a problem on your end. It's not like any of that was intentional from BIS.

Please no insults or curses. This is a public beta test version.

For sure most problems will be solved with official release.

But the current version makes testing very hard...performance and CTDwise.

In other forums these same problems are there with others, so its not just me. I had no problems at all before installing the patch. Are we not meant to report bugs here ? Is that not the idea of the thread ? I am merely reporting what bugs I have in the hope that they will be fixed as BI have asked.

I will try a clean install tomorrow but regardless, people who play this game should not need a degree in computers to enable them to start it up and enjoy it.

Ta

Chi

In other forums these same problems are there with others, so its not just me. I had no problems at all before installing the patch. Are we not meant to report bugs here ? Is that not the idea of the thread ? I am merely reporting what bugs I have in the hope that they will be fixed as BI have asked.

I will try a clean install tomorrow but regardless, people who play this game should not need a degree in computers to enable them to start it up and enjoy it.

Ta

Chi

What you said wasn't in any way constructive.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Regardless of my specs I should not be firing rounds from my chest and I should be able to change my joystick controls....or is that too much to ask ?

That's why BIS released a public beta, so with the patch can be fixed. BIS clearly said it could potentially not work properly. You make it sound like BIS has denied you a fix to the problems you're experiencing. Just wait, be patient, and help BIS fix it.

Some impressions from messing around in the editor this morning:

I like the new higher chopper speeds, I can get to 200 easily now with the LB when before I had trouble going over 150-175 in level flight. Choppers seem more agile as well. FFAR attacks were harder at the higher speeds but AA is more aggressive so the higher speeds are generally positive.

I also like the new FOV settings overall. You can now see over the UH-60 window frame and get a better view. It makes it harder to see out of the mi-17 when at steep forward pitches but in all others it feels like an improvement to me.

Vehicle handling (cars, bikes) seems to have been tweaked slightly. The bikes are much easier to drive with a wider FOV in 3rd person and dont throw me off when offroad. It feels more like the BAS bike from OFP but a little heavier if that makes sense.

The editor seems smoother when dragging the map around.

I have a P4 2Ghz, 2GB ram, 7600GS AGP. Textures still lag for me but the overall framerate seems to be higher and I was able to turn up my details and viewdistance.

The A-10 is fun. 2 platoons of t72s were a workout with only 5 mavericks. The last three tanks engaged very aggressively. The A-10 seemed to be able to take some serious fire but still goes down quickly if you expose your plane.

I have joystick mappings probs but bugs are for the other thread here.

Early impressions are positive, and certainly shows that BIS is working hard to make this game great.

If reporting bugs I am getting is not constructive then what is the point of this thread ? What is less constructive is people on this forum posting rude and abusive posts which your last two were KyleSarnik.

I am obviously wasting my time here. I know from years playing Op Flash that these things will be seen to and will leave bug posts to others to take the abuse as I will not put up with it.

Ta

Chi

6700 core2

win xp

8800gtx 158.22

2gig ram

Ok when i die screen goes black.

Cant see user menu in chopper or plane (middle mouse Button ,ie auto hover) .

Grass, wheres the grass ,how do i get grass back.

If i alt tab back to windows the game never comes back,but i hear the sound.

yeah same here cuppa

system: 6700 - 8800GTX OC - 2 x 1Gb Corsair etc.

ESC Bug, Alt Tap Bug, missing Texture, LOD Chaos etc = unplayable -> delete -> start 1.05+ Beta

Where is the bug/problem report thread...?

I found my rifleman came to the battlefield without rifle!

I found I cannot take the rifle from the ammo box!

Quote[/b] ]hai!!! what happened on the 1.07 patch!!

I found my rifleman came to the battlefield without rifle!

I found I cannot take the rifle from the ammo box!

what is BIS Want!!!!!

they want all of us fight without weapon??

Really cannot believe they can release this kind of sucker!

Inferno.. you have an addon that's botching your install.. look at the other threads to see (BMD-1 is one of them) Don't go and toss blame when you have done things to alter the base operating of ArmA as well.

Well, after a long wait (ok a lightning 15min) for download, and over an hour in play, I've come to the conclusion that this patch is a major step in the right direction...  If it works on your comp.

Specs: AMD 4400x2/Nvidia6800gs/2gb ram/SB Audigy2 ZS

Stepped up from the 1.05beta to this without a hitch.

The good:

-NO LOD bugs.

-More beautiful and more FPS at the same settings.

-Even more beautiful and still FPS capable at a higher setting (except shadows)

-A10 rocksors my starched white socksors.. 'nuff said.

-Better interface, font, and accents.

-AI seems better,  not like more capable, but as somone here said: 'The AI feels right', more human and smoother pathfinding, reactions and aiming.

-The sight on the M203 and the AKs' (G-30??) are a step in the right direction, but don't yet 'work'.  That is move to adjust range and leaf down.  Still much better than not having them, and would appreciate someone that knows better to write a tut about the subject. (can't wait to see what addons do to this capability now   yay.gif )

The Bad:

-Armory locked my comp. will check that out later... too much fun satcheling the enemy HQ ATM.

-Hardware acceleration on the SB Audigy2 ZS still amplifies the sounds of units across vast distances.

Overall, greatly appreciated BIS!  Spin the ArmA 'O Meter closer to the 'done' side of things.  notworthy.gif

OK, I modified my post...and calm down myself.

I found a thread on this issue in the troubleshoot section.

It seems I check my mod one by one in order to find out which mod let my rifle gone....  huh.gif

In the other 1.07xxx thread, there is a list of sorts that names some of them. Good luck. thumbs-up.gif

im in love with the A-10's  biggrin_o.gif

those thing fly lovely! smile_o.gif

too bad i always got CTD every 15min sad_o.gif

~200mb and 2 hours later I end up with a corrupt, irreversible-without-uninstallation install. Awesome.

~200mb and 2 hours later I end up with a corrupt, irreversible-without-uninstallation install. Awesome.

Just delete the "beta" folder in the "ArmA" main folder.

aint this already addressed in the file called "README"? huh.gif

Just gotta reply again. I've played a custom mission I made for my brothers 40th B-Day. (little brother drill instructor.. it's a good thing) I must say the firefight is much more enjoyable now. The volume of fire, the AI's sneakyness and suppression, and the more reasonable AI dispersion of fire makes for a real fireworks display. And while being deadly (the snipers are a fearful sort) the player is more able to not die at the hands of an AI that spun around and hip shot him between the eyes. Some even ran past me without turning knowing I was there after I fired on their team.. again great job BIS! thumbs-up.gif