Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

Look a black harrier.. just 1 of my problems ill let the picture do the talking rofl.gif

Picture 3

Picture 4yo

Edit>: i was getting Dll errors untill i used the icon in the BIS Folder in Program files huh.gif -> Me Win Xp.

Hehe, I can relate to that, got a 3800+ X2, 2 GB Ram and a 8800GTX running 158.19 drivers on XP prof. SP2 and am seeing similar stuff.

From what I've seen from you in this thread I have pretty much the same problems going on here.

-The shadows I normally get with High/very High settings are completely missing, just the "normal" sharp ones that are also used in High/very High settings are there. Making Citys/Forests look a bit boring on max. settings.

-Cockpittextures in A10 often appear to change quickly between the right mipmap and one of half the resolution (not yet tested for other vehicles, except AH-6 USMC that appears to be ok).

-Huge LOD problems (Picture), much worse than with 1.05 or 1.05 open beta, both for geometry and textures/correct mipmap to display. Also textures that are further away than a couple of 100m appear to often not update to something you could want to look at at all (Picture). I could get around the small LOD problems I had with older patches by tabing out of the game and back in once, doesn't fix it with 1.07 beta. It also looks like the LOD problems are much much worse on Sahrani than on Rahmadi.

-Gammaproblems:

1.05 public beta

1.07 public beta

Same gamma settings and daytime/weather used for both pictures. The bushes just look like the shadows are working because they're so dark, as said they don't have visible shadows, neither do the trees. However, looking at it from the other side, where also the sun is, it almost looks normal. Settings used: All very high, 8xS 16AF via driver, problem still there with default driver settings.

-Sometimes missing Icons, text etc. (Picture)

-Game hanging at "receiving..." when pressing escape to get into the menu. Happened to me three times so far, which is a new experience for me, all three were on Sahrani. It continues to render frames, so it's probably not a total freeze, only ways out seem to alt-tab and kill it from there or alt-f4 directly.

-ArmA.rpt consists mainly of 5mb of

Quote[/b] ]Error: Failed to create surface texture

probably has to do with how the game looks here. ;o)

1. From which version did you patch ? -v1.05 (renamed folder of the 1.5 public beta patch too)

2. Do you have a box release. If so which one ? -German

3. Do you have a downloaded version. If so which one ? -No

4. What Gfx drivers are you running the patched version with ? -158.19 on XP prof. SP2

5. Do you run with Gfx driver default settings or have you altered them for performance reasons? -Pictures where taken with 8xS and 16 AF set in driver, but there appears to be no difference when using default settings.

6. Are your Arma settings configured right ? Kept the same as v1.05 open beta.

That's what I get for buying a nvidia 8800 card just because I didn't want the custom face bug of the atis.

;o)

Framerate appears to be more stable now and depending on where you are just a bit faster or much more, which is good, but could also be related to all the stuff that is missing when running it in such a fashion. No Harddisk going crazy too.

ok saw far all i noticed as problems :

(ArmA czech version 1.07b)

vanilla game, no addons used, no installation or update problems

ATI X1950pro 512MB, Catalyst 7.4

- in first default cutscene when AI soldier turns on the spot and walks back it goes THROUGH other AI units (like no colision in place at all, instead trying avoid other AI unit)

also turning itself is way too fast, nearly robot like speed smile_o.gif

- G36 scope there is only aiming crosshair within scope but no edges at all!

NO G36 scope borders screenshot

- dark grey (rain) clouds are still low res/16b like banding/pixelated

bug is documented in this thread

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=62333

- ground texture is way too low quality just from distance where ends grass around your character ,

Anisotropic Filtering on Maximum vs Normal nearly no visual difference (HiQuality AF in drivers enabled)

Low quality ground screenshot

- grenade launchers w/o scope can't use IS (guess not ready yet)

EDIT: added screenshots for most of bugs

Tracers look like VBS!?! GREAT!  Here's what I can't wait to test out
Quote[/b] ]* T72 and Abrams turret elevation and depression modified to match realistic values

This ONE little tweak will change the way I play soo much (I did miss pummeling enemies in defilade so.)

not really if the tracers really have any change, i am not sure if i am using a modded FDF sound mod and change the tracers value

i cant seems to recreat the brust bug through, some time it is perfectly normal, sometime it shoots 5 round out

SD weapon wont have tracers

I'm trying to run a 1.07 dedicated server, but I get this error on startup:

Quote[/b] ]Addon 'Desert' requires addon 'CARoads'

I copied over all the folders from my installed version of Arma with the 1.07 beta folder and tried to run using this line:

Quote[/b] ]c:\Games\ArmA\beta\arma_server.exe -mod=beta -config=Dedicated.cfg

Am I doing something wrong?

too late for any more test, i am a bit confuse now

after playing with the editor and the Armory for App. 30 mins i have got no LOD problem with nhancer 2.2.2 and tweaked 158.19 driver, however i got extened loading time and random CTD, suma which file should i sent you?

Hmm, I've got "virtually" the same graphics setup, except that it is a GTX and I use the non tweaked 158.19 drivers, same nHancer version too. It's just that ArmA here goes crazy LOD-wise.

Ofc. now I'm a bit tempted to try those tweaked drivers out, probably should play around with ingame/nhancer settings too a bit. tounge2.gif

For some reason the M4 and M16 dont show at all in my game now. Can someone help as it is basically impossible to play.

Retextured units causing that bug, all or nearly all of them. huh.gif

It keeps saying my CD key is invalid, I'm running 1.05 of the Euro (english) version.

Blaaaaah sad_o.gif

Any ideas?

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,18:39)]Help? I installed the 107beta as before, no errors on installing. Have the 505 UK version DVD, ATI graphics Asus 1950Pro. Latest drivers on that.

When I run the beta with the shortcut it gives this error and won't run...

'arma.exe - Unable To Locate DLL'

'The dynamic link library XINPUT1_1.dll could not be found in the specified path....etc.'

The DLL is NOWHERE to be found on any of my disk drives. What is it? Where can I find it? What is it a part of?? Nor can I find and similarly name xinput* dll on disks either.

Help?? help.gif PLease don't tell me that it's XP or Vista only... I run Win 2000......

Can you try updating DirectX utility libraries using DX Web Installer to see if this helps? (Please, do not respond "I know I have the latest DirectX", but try installing from that website even if you think it is not needed).

The Problem is that he uses Windows 2000 (as I do). I get the same error and I get similar errors with other games, that are not compatible with Windows 2000.

I would have a question considering this. Can we expect that w2k compatibility will be restored in the final version or not? I know w2k users are probably a small minority these days so I understand if developers don't bother about it. But I just wonder what we can expect if anything.

Played a bit on the Blood Sweat and Tears mission. Cut scene after taking the airfield was funny. Soldier shouts "Harrier!" and sure enough there is one, but its on fire and crashed. Same harrier then bombs the base in the next scene. rofl.gif

No issues once I started playing. Seems like a very slight FPS increase on my old rig but it does feel smoother in general.

Well based on the performance I had with this Beta-patch (or, should i say Alpha-patch), we will have the 1.07 patch when autumn leaves are falling of the trees.

This is an unbelievable bad patch. Everything got worse. I thought the main goal with the release of a patch, was to fix problems in a game, not create them.

Thats how I see it anyway. Back to BETA Patch 1.05.5143 for me.

Hope BI get this sorted out. confused_o.gif

tounge2.gif EA dont do it that bad.. BIS please aquire a 8800 rofl.gif

i can honestly say i wont be hyped for the next patch so take ya time.

So interesting, funny and sad to read. One writes it`s very bad,unbelievable bad,miserable `n so on. Another praises it. I`m from the second one/ Installed, tested. On my 6800GS (1gb ram),not advanced 8800, no! I saw real progress in FPS. What I liked one little thing,which irritated me for a long time. After the explosions the man\car or else flew high. But what hasn`t been done. Cars, broken cars. Never saw in real life that after you shoot the wheel it begins rusty. But all in all this patch is worthy!

-LOD bugs

-missing textures

-flickering textures

-low framerates

-escape key lock-up

-joystick mapping screwed up

I have an 8800GTX and I am having EXACTLY these same problems. Never did this before until 1.07

My textures keep reverting back to low somehow AND my framerate will drop. I switch it back to high, framerate goes back up for awhile, then textures switches itself back to low and framerates plummet again.

Joystick mapping is suddenly fubar'd for me too. Whenever I use the fire button on my Saitek X52, the helo goes into autohover mode - yet there is no where that the button is mapped for that in the controls menu

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,18:39)]Help?  I installed the 107beta as before, no errors on installing.  Have the 505 UK version DVD, ATI graphics Asus 1950Pro. Latest drivers on that.

When I run the beta with the shortcut it gives this error and won't run...

'arma.exe - Unable To Locate DLL'

'The dynamic link library XINPUT1_1.dll could not be found in the specified path....etc.'

The DLL is NOWHERE to be found on any of my disk drives.  What is it? Where can I find it?  What is it a part of??  Nor can I find and similarly name xinput* dll on disks either.

Help??  help.gif   PLease don't tell me that it's XP or Vista only... I run Win 2000......

Can you try updating DirectX utility libraries using DX Web Installer to see if this helps? (Please, do not respond "I know I have the latest DirectX", but try installing from that website even if you think it is not needed).

The Problem is that he uses Windows 2000 (as I do). I get the same error and I get similar errors with other games, that are not compatible with Windows 2000.

I would have a question considering this. Can we expect that w2k compatibility will be restored in the final version or not? I know w2k users are probably a small minority these days so I understand if developers don't bother about it. But I just wonder what we can expect if anything.

that prob has been fixed check out [WWS]WarWolf post on page 15

re: What the he**

EDIT::::

I have JUST discovered that in patching, the joystick sensitivity settings that I have adjusted in the user.ArmAProfile file had been overwritten somehow - presumably by the new patch..?

I have reset the Z-axis settings back to 1.000000 again (they had been put back to 0.500000 somehow......!wink_o.gif

And the thing is flying roughly the same as it was in 1.05+ beta again.

So: my unreserved apologies to everyone (especially BIS) for accusing them of screwing the FM further - if anything it seems better somehow in some way I cannot put my finger on.) But PLEASE if a future install/patch is likely to change settings that users have HAD to tweak using as ancient a tool as notepad - TELL us that they will change, or at least put a note in the forums.

I still think the effect is less than it should be, and it seems odd when pointing only slightly nose-down, the effect of increasing collective to max is too slow to produce lift upwards still. Hopefully this small niggle can be addressed before 1.07 full version.

Again sorry for the shouting, but how was I to know that the settings were changed???

This 'policy' of pandering to non-flyers will have a negative impact on ArmA's enjoyment for me.

I stopped flying online, indeed playing OFP online, when they refused to set the POV back the way it was up to 1.92, there were no servers still running 1.92.  All the way up to 1.96 final I was hoping against hope that the POV would be restored to it's former usefulness.  Months of hope dashed when they announced that was final update.  Don't tell me I was wrong to give up then, as now people even use trackIR to do what I used to do with a POV hatswitch under OFP before 1.94 killed it.

This is marketed as a sim, not a game.  If folks can't fly, then don't. Simple.

What is it a sim or a game?  BF2=game for sure. ArmA=sim or not?

In V1.07 Joystick Button #2 (NEXT TARGET) doesn't work, it behaves the same as NEXT WEAPON in-game.

If you go into OPTIONS -> CONTROLS and try to map it, pressing JB #2 exits the configuration dialog. Cancelling the control configuraton, exiting V1.07, starting V1.06, and resuming the A-10 mission already in progress allows JB #2 to work, and it can also be configured correctly without ArmA exiting the dialog.

why don't you all go back to v1.04 as this seems to be the only version with much less issues.....i had no problem with version 1.04....I was only forced to update for multiplayer games.

why don't you all go back to v1.04 as this seems to be the only version with much less issues.....i had no problem with version 1.04....I was only forced to update for multiplayer games.

Didn't you just answer your own question?, also 1.05 and below had the major fog bug for 8800 users.

whistle.gif

In V1.07 Joystick Button #2 (NEXT TARGET) doesn't work, it behaves the same as NEXT WEAPON in-game.

If you go into OPTIONS -> CONTROLS and try to map it, pressing JB #2 exits the configuration dialog. Cancelling the control configuraton, exiting V1.07, starting V1.06, and resuming the A-10 mission already in progress allows JB #2 to work, and it can also be configured correctly without ArmA exiting the dialog.

Good eye! I thought it was just the A10 that was bugged since my gun-runs kept being hijacked into needless Maverick spam.

THE JAVELIN IS STILL MESSED UP!!!!! Yes they did the model, yes on the optics, zoom and stuff, yes on the vertical hit... NO it doesn't hit the target AT ALL!!! and when you lay down with the javelin on your back it glitches into your face and you an't see anything but the javelin model's artifacts around your face.

THE JAVELIN IS STILL MESSED UP!!!!! Yes they did the model, yes on the optics, zoom and stuff, yes on the vertical hit... NO it doesn't hit the target AT ALL!!! and when you lay down with the javelin on your back it glitches into your face and you an't see anything but the javelin model's artifacts around your face.

Oh well what can you do about it without making a whole new set of anims?

That makes absolutely no sense what you just said, but whatever... what they should do is fix it properly if they are going to fix it at all wink_o.gif it will not require a whole new set of anims I can assure you.

I had to lower the graphics setting to "low" to get a playable performance...in 1.05 this was at "normal", in 1.5b this was "high" on maps with few units.

I get constant lockups in "normal" game pauses often or even loads something using the loading screen in missions.

I had 4 CTDs in 45 minutes oft testing.

Flying AH-1Z on Sahrani ended with strange artifacts after a 20 seconds loading pause (never had this with any previous version) and morphing terrain with graphical artifacts in the northern hills. Switch to external cameras resulted in CTD.

Firing missiles or rockest results in short lockup (loading) and CTD short after missile/rocket impacts (smoke)

Most improvement unitwise in 1.07b are good (tanks, vehicles) but enginewise game got unplayable with 1.07b.

I applied beta on a fresh installment patched to 1.05.

I just stoped testing it and uninstalled.

Performance ist worse than initial 1.0 release on this point and on my system.

The RACS M163 Vulcan editor entry is blank.

End of beta test for me.

Thank god its just a Beta.

PS: There is a new car in editor: Landrover-Policecar.

Windows XP Home SP2

Athlon XP 3200+

1024MB PC3200 DDR (Infineon)

EVGA 7800GS CO

Nvidia 93.71 Drivers