Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

Referring to KillaAlf's mesage - that ADVAPI missing a function was attempted to be solved as well by someone, again by copying THAT from XP.  But then there was a problem with the latest MSVCRT I seem to remember.  Damned if I can remember where I read it all now though. Sorry.

@Grassmonkey - many folks have tried already, unless a way is found to user-patch Windows 2000 itself I guess we're fked.

1:What the he** have they done with the graphics? The textures are much more darker. And it does not improve the graphics in any way.

2: Played 1.07 with the Evolution, and i could not see the weapons on me. I could shoot, but the muzzle flash came from my torso. My arms was down, as with no weapons. WTF?

Edit: Got E6600/2GB/8800GTS 640MB if u want specs.

Fighting_steel, check your addons directory. You've got a conflict, possibly the Mech_BMD.

1:What the he** have they done with the graphics? The textures are much more darker. And it does not improve the graphics in any way.

2: Played 1.07 with the Evolution, and i could not see the weapons on me. I could shoot, but the muzzle flash came from my torso. My arms was down, as with no weapons. WTF?

Edit: Got E6600/2GB/8800GTS 640MB if u want specs.

Do you have any addons installed its been said many times how to fix.

@FightingSteel - please read the rest of the thread before you post. - that no-gun-visible issue has already been identified as a conflict with other user-made addons. The fault lies with those, not with the patch.

Check back for details as it's already been answered several times.

@Grassmonkey - that may well work, I will test it now - but BIS cannot do that sad_o.gif BUT.. BIS could create their OWN DLL to wrap all of the XINPUT functions, that in-turn just forgets to call that particular function in the same way. EULA means they cannot modify the original, but a wrapper DLL that dead-ends that particular call WOULD be legal, although whether it would work......guess we'll find out, huh.

Hope that helps?

Ok, sorry i didnt search for that bug before i posted.

Anyhow, this patch f*** up my game. I never had LOD-problems before, but now? Well take a look at this screenshoot.

Terrible!

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,19:54)]@Grassmonkey - that may well work, I will test it now - but BIS cannot do that sad_o.gif  BUT.. BIS could create their OWN DLL to wrap all of the XINPUT functions, that in-turn just forgets to call that particular function in the same way.  EULA means they cannot modify the original, but a wrapper DLL that dead-ends that particular call WOULD be legal, although whether it would work......guess we'll find out, huh.

Hope that helps?

i hope it works for ppl i run xp anyway and dont have the probs but its a shame that ppl cant play just coz they have a diff op system but ill keep an eye out its like everything else if theres a way some one will find it i would think so anyway

Getting these strange grey and black squares on buildings when looking through a vehicle window, please check images.

Frame rate is much improved .

http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/16624/2003574384364380772_rs.jpg

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/16730/2005576803933283964_rs.jpg

In menu settings same as v1.05;

1400x900   60Hz

High                                  Very High

Normal                               Low

Low

1. From which version did you patch ? v1.05

2. Do you have a box release. If so which one ? German

3. Do you have a downloaded version. If so which one ? No

4. What Gfx drivers are you running the patched version with ? 160.03 Vista

5. Do you run with Gfx driver default settings or have you altered them for performance reasons ? vsync force off, Multisampling, Anis Mip filter off, Anis sample optimisation off, negative LOD Bias clamp .

6. Are your Arma settings configured right ? Kept the same as v1.05.

@[WWS]WarWolf and anyone with win2k and probs

not sure if this will work for all games but they have fixed it on this site means editing stuff but its a start hope it helps

http://jade.bioware.com/forums....rum=108

Thanks for the tip, but that does not work for me sad_o.gif

sorry to hear it hope it gets sortted for you guys with win2k

Look a black harrier.. just 1 of my problems ill let the picture do the talking  rofl.gif

Picture 3

Picture 4

Edit>: i was getting Dll errors untill i used the icon in the BIS Folder in Program files huh.gif -> Me Win Xp.

For those with the hard drive thrashing, try this from the performance thread:

Defragmenting hdd is really quite important because ArmA is loading data on the go. That means hard drive performance is also very important. But there, file fragmentation could be one of the major slow downs (even if you have fast hard drive).

There's one very good tool that allows you to easily make sure specific file are perfectly contiguous:

Contig from Sysinternals (now Microsoft's subsidiary).

You can run it on your entire ArmA folder like this:

Contig.exe -s "c:\program files\bohemia interactive\arma\*.*"

@Grassmonkey - YES that worked.  (edit: THANK-YOU!!wink_o.gif

anyone else on Win2K got the xinput1_1.dll problem..

FIRST update your DirectX to the April 2007 version using the MS user runtime found here:

Microsoft Apr2007 DirectX user runtime DOWNLOAD FIRST then RUN

THEN

use this to fix it

edit: btw I found that the DLLs work ok if they are installed into your main ArmA folder, I got a couple blue screen crashes from windoze when they were in system32...

May have been unrelated, but it works fine from the ArmA folder instead.

Now I can get on and play with 1.07 - hope BIS can find a workaround for the final patch though.. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]5153 - New: Improved support for X360 controller

Dunno if it is related but it seems that with an ordinary joystick (MS SW) I cannot assign actions to buttons 5,6,7,8. Moreover, when using the default action assigned to button 5 "Next", I can select only the second item in the action menu. Keyboard "]" is able to select all items.

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,20:15)]@Grassmonkey - YES that worked.

anyone else on Win2K got the xinput1_1.dll problem..

FIRST update your DirectX to the April 2007 version using the MS user runtime found here:

Microsoft Apr2007 DirectX user runtime DOWNLOAD FIRST then RUN

THEN

use this to fix it

thats great news im so glad it worked for you and hopefully everyone else happy gaming smile_o.gif

hey guys i think i have report the wrong driver version i currently have, it should be a tweaked version from GURU3D 158.19

i am still installing patch so i cant comfirm anything, but it works on my 105+

I keep getting the error message 'This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found.'

Any ideas? Am running the beta over a working 1.05 install (505 DVD version).

I keep getting the error message 'This application has failed to start because IFC22.dll was not found.'

Any ideas? Am running the beta over a working 1.05 install (505 DVD version).

yeah i got the same message i was trying to start the game with the wrong shortcut you need to use the one in the main game folder not the addon folder

From the screens i have seen and from what I'm getting in game. The terrain is mapped in huge rectangles that are loading at different times and are out of sync with when they should load at different distances.

LOD bug still seems to be here. More with the insides of vehicles such as A10 keep getting really distorted images of controls and inside cockpit.

@Mandrake 5 - try using the shortcut created in your ArmA folder to run the patch....?

I'm having some issues where the ocean appears as a single, flat white colour.

yeah thats got it, thanks guys! Now I just have CTD from the menu instead!

Ok, sorry i didnt search for that bug before i posted.

Anyhow, this patch f*** up my game. I never had LOD-problems before, but now? Well take a look at this screenshoot.

Terrible!

Same to me... Never had thouse strang thing's in ArmA but now i got them too confused_o.gif

Well i'm sure if it continue's this way in 1 year no one will be able to play ArmA.

10 Bug's fixed 30 new bug's added..!! What the...