Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

Public Beta Patch 1.07.5154

Special forces from US and East side only have pistols now, and Guards from independants have no weapons at all

This is the result of conflicts with user-made addons. Most of the rifles in the game go missing.

I've been through all my addons seeing which ones cause this problem and have found that the following cause conflict with my copy of the game:

SD_Btr80.pbo,

Mech_BMD.pbo,

PSF_GROM.pbo,

vil_aug.pbo,

NewZealandSAS.pbo,

one or more DDAM addons (haven't had time to check by removing and adding each pbo in the pack yet)

There may be more out there, so you may need to do some more checking yourself.

BTW I'm extrememly happy with this patch mainly because the Harrier engages laser targets with GBUs and landing autopilot works properly.

The new helmets for the SLA, and the recoloured BLUFOR pilot textures are great too, as are the improvments to the M16A4 textures. I'm not sure about the Spec-op skater helmets yet, but it's good that they distinguish them from line units.

The problem was Mech_BMD.pbo ... The BMD1 addon.

But if you have that BMD addon, take it out...

Confirmed. It's the BMD mod messing with the beta patch.

I'm running a 505 1.05 version. Patched without error, and aside from the screwy configs (fixed when removing the BMD mod) it works like a charm. A-10 is great, my favorite aircraft smile_o.gif

You must of changed something from 1.06demo to 1.07 as all textures were fine with the right Drivers and 8xxxx series.. Ive tried all the drivers btw.

Actually and yest i got the HDD making iradical noises lol. whistle.giftounge2.gif

Anyways Best of Luck BIS!

hi all first off my system spec's

P4 2.8 HT

1Gb Dual ddr 400 ram

GF 7600gs 256meg small core & Mem overclock from 400x800 to 412x826

320gb sata2 hd

2x daewoo 19" widescreen running at 1440x900 at 60Hz

has you can see its not a high end rig

video settings

running driver Ver 93.81

Antialiasing settings= OFF

Anisotropic Filtering= OFF

Image settings= High Performance

Verical sync= OFF

force mipmaps= NONE

conformant texture clamp= OFF

Extension limit= OFF

Hardware acceleration= Multi display performance mode

trilinear optimization= ON

anisotropic mip filter optimization= ON

anisotropic sample optimization= ON

gamma correct antialiasing= OFF

transparency antialiasing= OFF

triple buffering= OFF

negative LOD bias= ALLOW

In Game Settings

Visibility 1000

screen 1440x900x32 16:10 wide 60Hz

Terrain Detail= Normal

Objects Detail= Normal

Texture Detail= Normal

Shading Detail= Very Low

Postprocess Effects= Low

Anisotropic filtering= Disabled

Shadow Detail= Disabled

Antialiasing= Disabled

Blood= High

Fresh install 1.4 the 1.5 then 1.7 beta

big improvement not sure what my fps are but before the 1.7 patch i could only just run it with everything on low or disabled.

Id just like to say that the patch was worth the wait and cant wait for the full patch great work smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I found a new bug - when lying down on a steep slope, if you look from the 3rd person perspective, your soldier's neck seems twisted and stretched. Try it, you'll see what I mean

Not a new one, I think theres even a screenshot of that somewhere in the deeps of this forum.

Anyway, I just fooled around with the editor and the armory...lets get to the armory first:

Its a nice little feature but far away from perfect. Some of the Vehicles spawn in water and BIS should cut out the "look at it in the middle of the night" thing. You know...i wanna see stuff and this is kinda hard when its dark. I also had a Game freeze while loading a Scene and had to shut Arma down with CTR+ALT+DEL.

And btw....do i have to play Single player stuff to unlock things? confused_o.gif

Next up - The A-10. Man i missed that thing! The first plane in ArmA i can actually fly without crashing into something coz of hyper sensible controles, yay! (Im more a fan of choppers...so please no comment on this one :P ) I also gave the Landing Autopilot a try...well, it landed but didnt stop and crashed right into a tree.

The NV Googles are just sweet, really love them.

The overall performance seems to be a litte bit better then 1.5+ but i didnt test it with fraps or something and so my brain could just made that up. But the loading times are even longer than before, arent they?

Those are my first impressions after a few test. keep up the good work BIS

Ofcourse im about to try 1.7b.

I have 505's 1.4 patched to 1.5 but im using the 1.5beta patch. I would like to be able to run 1.5beta for MP compatbility.

Do i just rename the 1.5 beta folder and exe before i install 1.7?

I need to be able to run both 1.5beta and 1.7beta.

Just install it over and you can still click your old links on the desktop to use 1.05+

I did like recomended earlier and renamed the already existing beta folder (1.5beta), i think this is all that needs to be done smile_o.gif .

WarWolf @ May 10 2007,18:39)]Help? I installed the 107beta as before, no errors on installing. Have the 505 UK version DVD, ATI graphics Asus 1950Pro. Latest drivers on that.

When I run the beta with the shortcut it gives this error and won't run...

'arma.exe - Unable To Locate DLL'

'The dynamic link library XINPUT1_1.dll could not be found in the specified path....etc.'

The DLL is NOWHERE to be found on any of my disk drives. What is it? Where can I find it? What is it a part of?? Nor can I find and similarly name xinput* dll on disks either.

Help?? help.gif PLease don't tell me that it's XP or Vista only... I run Win 2000......

Can you try updating DirectX utility libraries using DX Web Installer to see if this helps? (Please, do not respond "I know I have the latest DirectX", but try installing from that website even if you think it is not needed).

I like that rumble capability was added to the X360 controller, however the buttons seem to be 'locked', i.e. i cannot remap the joystick buttons. (which makes flying a pain)

yes i agree, the controls on my joystick are now "locked" and they cannot be remapped in the controls settings, i find this rediculous and see absolutly no purpose for the controls to be locked and i hope it is taken care of soon.

Apart from that the patch is pretty good apart for some texture lods that appear in the wrong places from a distance.

Im liking the nv goggles and the sight distance improvements.

Keep it coming BIS!

For those of you with problems with hard drive thrashing and longer load times try this:

Completely uninstall ArmA, defragment your drive or at least the partition you plan on installing it the game into, reinstall ArmA, apply patch. This will ensure that the files for ArmA are in one contiguous area of your hard drive which should increase loading performance.

This has helped me greatly.

Everytime I try to run the patch, it says my CD key is wrong crazy_o.gif

I'm running 1.05 of the Euro version (which is in english)

@Suma, I did just download and install the April 2007 DirectX User Runtime package, the DLLs are still missing.  If you think the web install would be better, then I _can_ do that as well, but I think that will not make any difference to this problem.  It's definitely an issue with Microsh*t DirectX and Win2000 => they are trying to kill us 2000 users off... but that gives a problem as the specs for the game are Win2000+ (sorry to bear bad tidings...)  I hope that this dependency is not an essential one.

note: the xinput1_1.dll was added to the DX package some time ago, so this would still be installed even with an older DirectX.

Other games have been having this problem too - MS are getting nasty.

I have read someplace that other missing files can be hacked from the XP installations, and be copied to Win2000, BUT the dependencies of those DLLs are needing stuff in XP or above that are missing from 2000, therefore doing this causes system instability.

Repeating myself from the last page....Please answer.

The performance is much better, and the A-10 is kickass awesome. thumbs-up.gif

But has anyone here gotten a Weapon bug?

I tried to play a bit in the editor, playing a mission I have made using Jonnys USMC.

Anyway the character didn't carry his M16 just the AT-4 was visible. So I switched through the weapons and I could fire the rifle, but he didn't have it in his hands nor on his back either? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

So I fired up the Editor again using the Default BIS Units. Still the same Weapon bug. I made a video off it.

Watch it here: ArmA - 1.07 Beta Bug

So any suggestions about what's wrong? confused_o.gif  I have the 505 Euro Version.

For those of you with problems with hard drive thrashing and longer load times try this:

Completely uninstall ArmA, defragment your drive or at least the partition you plan on installing it the game into, reinstall ArmA, apply patch. This will ensure that the files for ArmA are in one contiguous area of your hard drive which should increase loading performance.

This has helped me greatly.

The hard drive I am using for Arma is brand new just formatted has 16mb cache and has only got Arma installed on it, I dont think there is anything else I can try, sick of this to be honest.

banghead.gif

I don't know what to do.

I've tried moving around files, tried locating the file the CD key is in, etc.. no luck.

Keeps saying my CD key is wrong.

Hopefully this is just a temporary problem?

hi just found this

not sure if i can post links but here goes

h**p://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

In addition XINPUT dlls may be missing (this is the Xbox controller system). Unfortunately the end user is not automatically downloading the new dlls. The best solution is to distribute the DirectX runtime with your app. however if you are providing your app. as a download this could increase its size. From the June 2005 release Microsoft solved these problems somewhat by allowing the developer to create a minimal installer that just updates the D3DX dll. You could also of course just include the dll. although this is against the agreement (EULA). Another solution is to forward users to the Microsoft DirectX end user runtime download.

Repeating myself from the last page....Please answer.
The performance is much better, and the A-10 is kickass awesome. thumbs-up.gif

But has anyone here gotten a Weapon bug?

I tried to play a bit in the editor, playing a mission I have made using Jonnys USMC.

Anyway the character didn't carry his M16 just the AT-4 was visible. So I switched through the weapons and I could fire the rifle, but he didn't have it in his hands nor on his back either? crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

So I fired up the Editor again using the Default BIS Units. Still the same Weapon bug. I made a video off it.

Watch it here: ArmA - 1.07 Beta Bug

So any suggestions about what's wrong? confused_o.gif I have the 505 Euro Version.

Please read before posting like that

Quote[/b] ]Special forces from US and East side only have pistols now, and Guards from independants have no weapons at all

This is the result of conflicts with user-made addons. Most of the rifles in the game go missing.

I've been through all my addons seeing which ones cause this problem and have found that the following cause conflict with my copy of the game:

SD_Btr80.pbo,

Mech_BMD.pbo,

PSF_GROM.pbo,

vil_aug.pbo,

NewZealandSAS.pbo,

one or more DDAM addons (haven't had time to check by removing and adding each pbo in the pack yet)

There may be more out there, so you may need to do some more checking yourself.

Some addons are just not compatible with this patch (including the one you are showing obviously)

Thanks for that Grassmonkey - but the problem is not the runtime distribution, it is Microsoft ceasing to update stuff for 2000 now, the files are indeed inside of the user runtime (of which I have installed the latest) but that the runtime installer does not copy those files to Windoze 2000 as there is stuff that XP has (that those DLLs NEED) that MS (in their INFINITE wisdom) have decided not to update 2000 with.  There is NO good reason why they could not do it, apart from sheer bl**dy-mindedness on their part.

grrrrrrr.

(edit: My statement about the XP-only dependency of those exact DLLs MAY be incorrect as I remember reading about this problem, but not which DLLs were the culprits)

Well I went back to 1.05(not beta) to confirm the hdd reading and texture bug was not there and it was not, but of course the stupid fog is, so its a choice between "The Fog" or the munching hard disk lol.....

icon_rolleyes.gif

Can you try updating DirectX utility libraries using DX Web Installer to see if this helps? (Please, do not respond "I know I have the latest DirectX", but try installing from that website even if you think it is not needed).

That does not work, Suma. The problem is that these files are not installed on a W2K system, I guess the installer checks for the OS and if it is not XP it just leaves these file out.

Now i have downloaded the x_input.dlls from this site and installed them manually into my /system32/ folder, but when I try to start the game now I get the following error message:

errormsgoj4.jpg

It is as [WWS]WarWolf wrote, the dependencies for these files are not created, so this solution won't work on a W2K system. I might add that ArmA was running fine before that.

Well I went back to 1.05(not beta) to confirm the hdd reading and texture bug was not there and it was not, but of course the stupid fog is, so its a choice between "The Fog" or the munching hard disk lol.....

icon_rolleyes.gif

rofl.gif yeah.. i guess its the fog FTW!

error message i'm getting whentryin to instal the path

arma is not installed or is corrupted. I bought it in Belguim 505 version in an official store?

Im on W2k also missing the xinput dll too.

Tried the MS web installer but its still missing after that.

Tried the other weblink and after the installer it was still missing. Used winzip to extract the DLL but then got a different error (tracemessage entry point in advapi32.dll missing) after adding the DLL to my system32 folder.

@[WWS]WarWolf

my bad did not notice its was win2k

but your right in what you say there is no reason for them to do it apart from getting ppl to slowly give up win2k for xp or vista but i also bet thats what they will do with xp in time anyway ill keep in eye open im always reading stuff very little posts lots of reading and if i come across anyway to solve it ill let you know