Sign in to follow this  
Lolsav

[Request] A tool to design Dialogs

With so many talented ppl around there, i tought i could start a plead.

Many times i have been facing with the lack of time or knowledge to make dialogs. They are just too much time consuming for me, and i believe for many more.

Ive noticed the parameters are much the same from dialog to dialog, basically name changes, and i tought, "what if there was a tool to design those". I know i cant do it, but maybe someone here is willing to accept the challenge.

Kronz? Kegetys? Col. Sanders? Anyone?

Been thinking about doing one. It would basically be a windows program with a windows interface (so it would only be 95% accurate with proportions and placement when transfered to an in-game dialog).

It would allow you to add controls for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">text, activeText, button, edit (box), listbox, combobox, slider, picture, RTF memo, backgrounds, frames, etc,

You could then modify the base and control colours, fonts and size attributes, resize and move the controls around.

Then select an option to spit out the class code for it, calculating all the percentage placements.

That would be sufficient for producing basic dialogs like this example, but I'm not sure about more complex ones containing multiple/sub dialogs.

After finding how good the class inheritance was, there really isn't much code to produce in the end, once you've got the base classes and constants set up. Although most dialog makers don't seem to know anything about this inheritance, from all the examples I've seen. They could reduce their code volume by 70%.

So I decided not to do one yet. See if I find some time. Won't be too soon though.

Although most dialog makers don't seem to know anything about this inheritance, from all the examples I've seen. They could reduce their code volume by 70%.

I got to that conclusion aswell, but hey, who am i to criticize, i can only edit pre made parameters of dialogs, cant make my own, cuz i get lost in the process.

Quote[/b] ]So I decided not to do one yet. See if I find some time. Won't be too soon though.

Now thats bad news sad_o.gif

There is one for OFP. You just need to change the fonts and add semicolon to the end of each declaration to get a basic dialog in ArmA.

Going there to check if i can work with it. If i can i will post result here.

You don't need to add semicolons (though it complains a lot about it in arma.rpt, it doesn't seem to impact anything ingame).

You also need to add some lines about button colors and stuff that wasn't available in ofp, or you will get some error messages when the dialog is displayed.

I've also considered this, and I would do it if I had more free time ATM.

I would probably write it in VB, since it would allow me to put the interface together quickly, and I would make it similar to the .net winforms editor.

Still, the limiting factor is time.

I also feel the need to encourage you to not be put out by dialogs. They're actually pretty easy to do. Easier than scripting actually once you get the hang of it. The only thing that's tough about it is tweaking the positions and colors until you're happy with them. Most of your positions can be worked out by simple addition and subtraction (and there will be a lot of it), and some slight guesswork.

If you look at my particle parameter utility's description.ext, I used many, but not all, of the options available. You can find the other's in Vektorboson's Dialog Tutorial. Some of the controls themselves will *need* additional parameters for arma and this isn't documented anywhere. What I do is extract bin.pbo/config.bin that comes with the game, and use the base elements BIS used. If you look at the description.ext of the utility, you'll see I have base controls named stuff like BIS_RscButton, that's where they come from.

You don't need to add semicolons (though it complains a lot about it in arma.rpt, it doesn't seem to impact anything ingame).

You also need to add some lines about button colors and stuff that wasn't available in ofp, or you will get some error messages when the dialog is displayed.

Got to that part... ugh.

@Col Sanders. I agree with you when u say its easyer to write a dialog than scripting. The thing is, it consumes too much time to tweak and setup what should be easyer and "on the fly".

Arma deserves a better tool, with all the new commands and stuff. Just my toughts... Hence i still maintain the "request", i made earlier.

I agree. If I didn't, I wouldn't have said that I would make an editor if I had the time. Hopefully though, someone will get around to making a good arma dedicated tool.

Edit:

I dunno, tell you what. I'll start piecing something together. However, due to time considerations, it's likely that it's release date won't be any time soon. Unless I decide to start forgoing sleep to get it done anyways wink_o.gif.

If someone comes up with something geared towards arma between now and then, I'll ditch it.

However, there's something everyone here can do to speed up the development time dramatically, and that's research.

Tell me, via PM, or in this thread anything and everything you can discover.

The kind of things I'm looking for more specifically are this:

1: Any new commands that are arma specific, play around with them and find out exactly what they do. If possible, set up a quick example that shows difference in possible settings. The ones that where from the OFP period are pretty well documented and aren't needed.

2: Every font you can discover working, and preferably, a screenshot of each. A screen shot of the following text would be best:

the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

`01234567890-=[]\;',./

~!@#$%^&*()_+{}|:"<>?

3: Look for and discover any BIS dialog gradients that are included with the game.

4: Any new requirements for ALL the control types, that wheren't requirements in ofp's day. This will mean testing all the controls.

5: Any thing else noteworthy you can think of.

The more info I don't have to root around for, the more I can concentrate on developing an app to design the dialog, and the sooner it can be done. This information would only be usefull to me if it was pretty detailed.

Will do. Saw the reply late in the evening, was playing Arma icon_rolleyes.gif

A tought crossed my mind. Some know developers, such as Kegetys, has alredy messed around with those elements you asked for. Wouldnt be easyer to ask him? i mean, is it the same thing? i can try to contact him if thats the case...

Problem is that most of us keep such information in our heads. Unless we're writing a tutorial or something, we don't bother putting it down on paper.

You can ask, but any information you get is likely to be incomplete chickenscratch that's only relevent to their specific project.

Besides, anyone and everyone who reads this topic and knows this stuff can easilly contribute.

Now that I think of it, something else that would be helpfull would be a complete list of all the BIS control definitions.

For example, I have these:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// The BIS ARMA Button ripped right out of bin.pbo/config.bin.

// Used to inherit the ARMA specific button properties I don't care to set.

class BIS_RscButton

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = VArmor;

style = 0;

x = 0;

y = 0;

w = 0.3;

h = 0.1;

text = "";

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

colorText[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorDisabled[] = {0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1};

colorBackground[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorBackgroundDisabled[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorBackgroundActive[] = {1, 0.5, 0, 1};

offsetX = 0.004;

offsetY = 0.004;

offsetPressedX = 0.002;

offsetPressedY = 0.002;

colorFocused[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorShadow[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorBorder[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

borderSize = 0.008;

soundEnter[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

soundPush[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

soundClick[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

soundEscape[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

};

// The BIS ARMA Combo ripped right out of bin.pbo/config.bin.

// Used to inherit the ARMA specific combo properties I don't care to set.

class BIS_RscCombo

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = 4;

style = 0;

h = 0.05;

wholeHeight = 0.25;

colorSelect[] = {0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1};

colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorBackground[] = {0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1};

colorScrollbar[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

soundSelect[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

soundExpand[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

soundCollapse[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

};

// The BIS ARMA Picture ripped right out of bin.pbo/config.bin.

// Used to inherit the ARMA specific Picture properties I don't care to set.

class BIS_RscPicture

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = VSoft;

idc = -1;

style = 48;

colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0;

lineSpacing = 0;

text = "";

};

The BIS controls and such would be considered parent classes and used to inherit default values.

Fonts in ArmA:

As far as I can tell, the font chooses an appropriate size font texture based on screen res and text size. More sizes = more suitable for a wider range of uses.

Zeppelin33 - sizes 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,34,37,46

Zeppelin33Italic - sizes 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,34,37,46

Zeppelin32 - sizes 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,34,37,46

Bitstream - uses the Zeppelin32 fonts

TahomaB (in the UIFonts) - uses the Zeppelin32 fonts

TahomaB (in the core fonts, overriden by the above font) - size 16

LucidaConsoleB (core font) - sizes 8,11

The Zeppelin fonts can display "Russian" characters. The core fonts only have the "normal" euro characters (such as ú). Zeppelin33 is a thicker, bolder font that Zeppelin32.

I've made screenshots, but not sure if posting the games artwork is kosher.

I've done some work on the interface. Only about an hours worth though so it's still a little rough around the edges.

It *looks* more impressive than it actually is, since none of the controls are actually functional or anything.

The properties, messages, and controls panels will all be hideable.

The controls will be placed via drag+drop and will imitate the ARMA controls as closely as is practicle.

For anyone who's familiar with visual basic, this probably looks pretty familiar wink_o.gif.

12905315771.jpg

@fasad

PM them. The information so far is definatly usefull. Keep it coming if you can wink_o.gif.

I noticed in Zeppelin33 you have 20 twice. In Zeppelin33Italic, it jumps from 20 to 22. In Zeppelin32, it goes 20, 21, 22. So, I'm not sure what's correct there.

So, we have a start wink_o.gif.

**Rubbing hands**

Excellent Col. Sanders, excellent...

And just in case, the link to what Arma biki says about fonts.

A work in progress about dialogs from user Manny in Biki .

Nice! Excellent work. Sounds like a dialog, getting it set up for a screenshot is the easy part smile_o.gif

The two 20's was a typo, I've travelled back in time to repair it. Zep33 definitely has no 21 size font.

Nice! Excellent work. Sounds like a dialog, getting it set up for a screenshot is the easy part smile_o.gif

Well, that's actually a screenshot of my thinking process. I'm deciding exactly how I'm going to put this together right now, interface wise. I just posted the screen since this topic is moving, and I wanted to show that yes, I am working on it.

Once I know for sure what I'm going to attempt to accomplish with the interface, I'll work on designing the code. Usually, I do flow chart first, then write the whole thing, or the majority of it in loose psuedo code.

After that I'll end up writing the code itself. The pseudo code becomes the comments that document the whole thing.

By the way, It's being written in VB 7, the interface anyways. I may or may not write the code backing it in C++.net. I haven't decided yet. When it's finished, the source will be included, for anyone that wants to work with it.

This is really great. I have been gathering some information lately (months) about dialogues.

Seems like life is getting more easy for all of us.

I hope you will be able to release a tool for the community thumbs-up.gif

This is really great. I have been gathering some information lately (months) about dialogues.

Share the information in here Nino smile_o.gif

Seems like life is getting more easy for all of us.

I hope you will be able to release a tool for the community thumbs-up.gif

Also check the Wiki.

Manny has been attempting to document dialogs. People who are in the know are not very common.

The information I found is available to everyone.

The Tuts section of OFPEC, the forums of OFPEC (just search for the dialogues stuff and you will find posts about dialogues.

Opening other peoples missions to see how on earth they do it is also a resource smile_o.gif

And there is also information about it in here in the forums.

I can post all the links here, but it wont help the people involved here since they already know this stuff........I was searching for info on how to make dialogues and such.......I am 100% noob with this. sad_o.gif

Sorry if my reply indicated as if I had some really usefull information for people already knowing how it all works.

Yes, please share anything you've got wink_o.gif.

Edit:

Eh, we posted at the same time...

Oh no, somebody spot my heavily work in progress article on the Biki! We are doomed!

Err..

either way. The article - as it is of now - probably won't be too helpful. Nor am I a dialog guru. I just tried to work with dialogs a couple of times using old OFP tutorials and pretty much ran into problems. Then I disassembled missions and pbos to get some insight - or at least as far as I could. Now I just want to write down what I've found out, so others don't have to follow the same path but rather take the shortcut.

Btw, I would appreciate anyone who actually contributes to the article. I'm two things: a.) busy and if I ain't that, then I'm being b.) lazy (at least every now and then). So any insight - especially experienced insight - is welcome.

I've already had a brief talk with Col. Sanders (but I think we pretty much hit offtopic turf very fast wink_o.gif) though I am not quite sure if and where I can help. Especially since I have one or two others projects on my own, plus the usual stuff I do at the university, plus my girlfriend, etc. That pretty much reduces my spare time to a minimum that I usually spend on recreation (playing ArmA / Guild Wars) rather then yet again do more work.

-- Manny

Here's some of my initial research.

These will all be used as base classes, which the user will then be able to inherit from and cusomise.

There are some questions below.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Control types

#define CT_STATIC 0

#define CT_BUTTON 1

#define CT_EDIT 2

#define CT_SLIDER 3

#define CT_COMBO 4

#define CT_LISTBOX 5

#define CT_TOOLBOX 6

// not found here example needed

#define CT_CHECKBOXES 7

#define CT_PROGRESS 8

#define CT_HTML 9

#define CT_STATIC_SKEW 10

#define CT_ACTIVETEXT 11

#define CT_TREE 12

#define CT_STRUCTURED_TEXT 13

#define CT_CONTEXT_MENU 14

#define CT_CONTROLS_GROUP 15

#define CT_XKEYDESC 40

// all these not found here example needed

#define CT_XBUTTON 41

#define CT_XLISTBOX 42

#define CT_XSLIDER 43

#define CT_XCOMBO 44

#define CT_ANIMATED_TEXTURE 45

#define CT_OBJECT 80

#define CT_OBJECT_ZOOM 81

#define CT_OBJECT_CONTAINER 82

#define CT_OBJECT_CONT_ANIM 83

#define CT_LINEBREAK 98

#define CT_USER 99

#define CT_MAP 100

#define CT_MAP_MAIN 101

// Static styles

#define ST_POS 0x0F

#define ST_HPOS 0x03

#define ST_VPOS 0x0C

#define ST_DOWN 0x04

#define ST_UP 0x08

#define ST_VCENTER 0x0c

#define ST_TYPE 0xF0

#define ST_SINGLE 0

#define ST_LEFT 0

#define ST_RIGHT 1

#define ST_CENTER 2

#define ST_MULTI 16

#define ST_TITLE_BAR 32

#define ST_PICTURE 48

#define ST_FRAME 64

#define ST_BACKGROUND 80

#define ST_GROUP_BOX 96

#define ST_GROUP_BOX2 112

#define ST_HUD_BACKGROUND 128

#define ST_TILE_PICTURE 144

#define ST_WITH_RECT 160

#define ST_LINE 176

#define FontM "Zeppelin32"

class BIS_RscText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_STATIC;

idc = -1;

style = ST_SINGLE;

w = 0.1;

h = 0.05;

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

text = "";

};

class BIS_RscTextSmall : RscText

{

h = 0.03;

sizeEx = 0.027;

};

class BIS_RscTitle : RscText

{

style = ST_CENTER;

x = 0.15;

y = 0.06;

w = 0.7;

};

class BIS_RscProgress

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_PROGRESS;

style = ST_SINGLE;

colorFrame[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorBar[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

w = 1.2;

h = 0.03;

};

class BIS_RscPicture

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_STATIC;

idc = -1;

style = ST_PICTURE;

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0;

lineSpacing = 0;

text = "";

};

class BIS_RscHTML

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_HTML;

idc = -1;

style = ST_SINGLE;

filename = "";

colorBold[] = {0, 0, 0.2, 1};

colorLink[] = {1, 0.5, 0, 1};

colorLinkActive[] = {1, 0.5, 0, 1};

colorPicture[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorPictureLink[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorPictureSelected[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorPictureBorder[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};

tooltipColorText[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

tooltipColorBox[] = {0, 0, 0, 0.5};

tooltipColorShade[] = {1, 1, 0.7, 1};

prevPage = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";

nextPage = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";

class H1

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class H2

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class H3

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class H4

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class H5

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class H6

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class P

{

font = "TahomaB";

fontBold = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

};

class BIS_RscButton

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_BUTTON;

style = ST_SINGLE;

x = 0;

y = 0;

w = 0.3;

h = 0.1;

text = "";

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

colorDisabled[] = {0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1};

colorBackground[] = {0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1};

colorBackgroundDisabled[] = {0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1};

colorBackgroundActive[] = {1, 0.5, 0, 1};

offsetX = 0.004;

offsetY = 0.004;

offsetPressedX = 0.002;

offsetPressedY = 0.002;

colorFocused[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorShadow[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorBorder[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

borderSize = 0.008;

};

class BIS_RscButtonSmall : RscButton

{

w = 0.12;

};

class BIS_RscEdit

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_EDIT;

style = ST_SINGLE;

h = 0.04;

colorSelection[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.25};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

autocomplete = "";

text = "";

size = 0.2;

};

class BIS_RscCombo

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_COMBO;

style = ST_SINGLE;

h = 0.05;

wholeHeight = 0.25;

colorSelect[] = {0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1};

colorBackground[] = {0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

soundExpand[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

soundCollapse[] = {"", 0.1, 1};

};

class BIS_RscListBox

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_LISTBOX;

style = ST_SINGLE;

w = 0.4;

h = 0.4;

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

rowHeight = 0;

colorSelect[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorSelect2[] = {1, 0.5, 0, 1};

colorSelectBackground[] = {0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1};

colorSelectBackground2[] = {0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1};

colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

period = 1;

};

class BIS_RscTree

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_TREE;

style = ST_SINGLE;

colorBackground[] = {0.35, 0.38, 0.36, 1};

colorSelect[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorText[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.75};

colorBorder[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorArrow[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

};

class BIS_RscSlider

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_SLIDER;

style = 1024;

h = 0.028;

w = 0.3;

color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorActive[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

};

class BIS_RscSliderH : RscSlider {};

class BIS_RscActiveText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_ACTIVETEXT;

style = ST_CENTER;

h = 0.05;

w = 0.15;

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorActive[] = {1, 0.5, 0, 1};

text = "";

default = 0;

};

class BIS_RscStructuredText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_STRUCTURED_TEXT;

idc = -1;

style = ST_SINGLE;

h = 0.05;

text = "";

size = 0.04;

class Attributes

{

font = "TahomaB";

color = "#ffffff";

align = "center";

shadow = true;

};

};

class BIS_RscControlsGroup

{

type = CT_CONTROLS_GROUP;

idc = -1;

style = ST_SINGLE;

x = 0;

y = 0;

w = 1;

h = 1;

class VScrollbar

{

color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

width = 0.021;

};

class HScrollbar

{

color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

height = 0.028;

};

class Controls {};

};

class BIS_RscBackgroundStripeTop : RscText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

x = -10.0;

y = -10.0;

w = 21;

h = 10.125;

text = "";

colorBackground[] = {0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1};

};

class BIS_RscBackgroundStripeBottom : RscText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

x = -10.0;

y = 0.875;

w = 21;

h = 10.125;

text = "";

colorBackground[] = {0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1};

};

class BIS_RscDisplayBackgroundStripes

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

class Background1 : RscBackgroundStripeTop {};

class Background2 : RscBackgroundStripeBottom {};

};

class BIS_RscCinemaBorder : RscDisplayBackgroundStripes

{

idd = -1;

movingEnable = 0;

class controlsBackground

{

class Background1 : RscBackgroundStripeTop

{

};

class Background2 : RscBackgroundStripeBottom

{

};

};

};

class BIS_RscToolbox

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_TOOLBOX;

style = ST_CENTER;

color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorTextSelect[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorSelect[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorTextDisable[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

colorDisable[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.027;

};

class RscXKeyShadow

{

type = CT_XKEYDESC;

idc = -1;

style = ST_SINGLE;

h = 0.06;

size = ( 21 / 408 );

class Attributes

{

font = "FontX";

color = "#C0C1BF";

align = "left";

};

class AttributesImage

{

color = "#ffffff";

};

};

class BIS_RscXKey : RscXKeyShadow

{

class Attributes

{

shadow = false;

};

};

class BIS_RscMapControl

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_MAP_MAIN;

idc = 51;

style = ST_PICTURE;

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

colorSea[] = {0.56, 0.8, 0.98, 0.5};

colorForest[] = {0.6, 0.8, 0.2, 0.5};

colorRocks[] = {0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5};

colorCountlines[] = {0.65, 0.45, 0.27, 0.5};

colorMainCountlines[] = {0.65, 0.45, 0.27, 1};

colorCountlinesWater[] = {0, 0.53, 1, 0.5};

colorMainCountlinesWater[] = {0, 0.53, 1, 1};

colorForestBorder[] = {0.4, 0.8, 0, 1};

colorRocksBorder[] = {0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 1};

colorPowerLines[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorNames[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

colorInactive[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.5};

colorLevels[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

fontLabel = "TahomaB";

sizeExLabel = 0.04;

fontGrid = "TahomaB";

sizeExGrid = 0.04;

fontUnits = "TahomaB";

sizeExUnits = 0.04;

fontNames = "TahomaB";

sizeExNames = 0.04;

fontInfo = "TahomaB";

sizeExInfo = 0.04;

fontLevel = "TahomaB";

sizeExLevel = 0.04;

text = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";

stickX[] = {0.2, {"Gamma", 1, 1.5}};

stickY[] = {0.2, {"Gamma", 1, 1.5}};

ptsPerSquareSea = 6;

ptsPerSquareTxt = 8;

ptsPerSquareCLn = 8;

ptsPerSquareExp = 8;

ptsPerSquareCost = 8;

ptsPerSquareFor = "4.0f";

ptsPerSquareForEdge = "10.0f";

ptsPerSquareRoad = 2;

ptsPerSquareObj = 10;

showCountourInterval = "true";

class Legend

{

x = 0.7;

y = 0.85;

w = 0.25;

h = 0.1;

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.04;

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

};

class ActiveMarker

{

color[] = {0.3, 0.1, 0.9, 1};

size = 50;

};

class Command

{

icon = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,1,1)";

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 18;

importance = 1;

coefMin = 1;

coefMax = 1;

};

class Tree

{

icon = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1)";

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 0.9 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class SmallTree

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 0.6 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Bush

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 0.2 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Church

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 2 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Chapel

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 1 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Cross

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 0.7 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Rock

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 1.5 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Bunker

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 1.5 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Fortress

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Fountain

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 1 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class ViewTower

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 2.5 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Lighthouse

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

importance = 3 * 16 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Quay

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Fuelstation

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Hospital

{

color[] = {1, 0, 0, 1};

size = 16;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class BusStop

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 8;

importance = 1 * 8 * 0.05;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Transmitter

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 8;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Stack

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 8;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Ruin

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 8;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Tourism

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 8;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Watertower

{

color[] = {0, 0, 1, 1};

size = 8;

coefMin = 0.25;

coefMax = 4;

};

class Waypoint

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 24;

importance = 1;

coefMin = 1;

coefMax = 1;

};

class WaypointCompleted

{

color[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};

size = 24;

importance = 1;

coefMin = 1;

coefMax = 1;

};

};

class BIS_RscObject

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_OBJECT;

scale = 1.0;

direction[] = {0, 0, 1};

up[] = {0, 1, 0};

};

class BIS_RscChatListDefault

{

x = 0.0;

y = 0.0;

w = 1.0;

h = 0.043;

font = "TahomaB";

size = 0.039;

rows = 2;

colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0.5};

colorGlobalChannel[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 1};

colorSideChannel[] = {0, 0.9, 0.9, 1};

colorGroupChannel[] = {0.1, 0.9, 0.2, 1};

colorVehicleChannel[] = {0.9, 0.8, 0, 1};

colorDirectChannel[] = {0.9, 0, 0.8, 1};

};

class BIS_RscChatListMission : RscChatListDefault

{

x = 0.0;

y = 0.8;

w = 1.0;

rows = 5;

};

class BIS_RscChatListBriefing : RscChatListDefault

{

x = 0.0;

y = 0.8;

w = 1.0;

rows = 2;

};

class BIS_RscChatListMap : RscChatListDefault

{

x = 0.0;

y = 0.8;

w = 1.0;

rows = 2;

};

class BIS_RscTitlesText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

fontBasic = "TahomaB";

sizeExBasic = ( 21 / 408 );

fontDown = "TahomaB";

sizeExDown = ( 21 / 408 );

offsetDown = 0.245;

class Attributes

{

shadow = true;

shadowOffset = 0.06;

shadowColor = "#000000";

};

};

class BIS_RscIGText : RscText

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

h = 0.04;

colorText[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 1};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0.024;

style = 0x00 + 0x100;

};

class BIS_RscIGProgress

{

access = ReadAndWrite;

type = CT_PROGRESS;

style = ST_SINGLE;

idc = -1;

h = 0.018;

colorFrame[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 0.75};

colorBar[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 0.5};

};

class BIS_RscDisplayLoading

{

class Variants

{

class LoadingOne

{

idd = -1;

movingEnable = 0;

class controlsBackground

{

class Background1 : RscText

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

w = 1;

h = 1;

colorBackground[] = {0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1};

};

};

class controls

{

class Name : RscText

{

idc = 101;

text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;

style = ST_CENTER;

x = 0;

y = 0.04;

w = 1;

};

class Date : RscText

{

idc = 102;

text = $STR_DISP_ERROR;

style = ST_CENTER;

x = 0;

y = 0.7;

w = 1;

};

class FakeProgress : RscText

{

x = 0.25;

y = 0.5;

w = 0.5;

colorBackground[] = {0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 0.2};

};

class Progress : RscProgress

{

idc = 104;

x = 0.25;

y = 0.5;

w = 0.5;

h = 0.05;

};

class Progress2 : RscProgress

{

idc = 103;

x = 0.4;

y = 0.6;

w = 0.2;

h = 0.03;

};

class TextLoad : RscText

{

style = ST_CENTER;

x = 0.25;

y = 0.45;

w = 0.5;

text = $STR_LOADING;

};

};

};

};

};

Note how in the defines, there are several types not used by bis. I need simple examples for all of those.

Also, does anybody have a clue what the style definition in the BIS_RscIGText class is supposed to mean?

class BIS_RscIGText : RscText

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">style = 0x00 + 0x100;