Sign in to follow this  
MilitiaSniper

ArmA Disappointing

Very very dissapointed.

Patches just patch mayor bugs like tanks bouncing and stuff like that.

But the main problem this game has: Fluent aimgin+movement of the soldier+playability remains almost intact.

Untill they change all the flaws excessive realism and " military proven" have introduced into the game, arma will never be as good or half as good as ofp was.

Realism is good, but excessive realism is bad. Remeber that in the end, this is a game, not a military training program.

I think one really must play both games (OPF and Arma), to realise how much better Arma is and how "going back" is completely out of the question...

There are major improvements/features...

...they deliberatly overlook the good things about Arma.. that one could only dream of having in OPF smile_o.gif .

Really? Like what?

And BTW, I went back to Flashpoint.

Very very dissapointed.

But the main problem this game has: Fluent aimgin+movement of the soldier+playability remains almost intact.

Untill they change all the flaws excessive realism and " military proven" have introduced into the game, arma will never be as good or half as good as ofp was.

Realism is good, but excessive realism is bad.

I couldn't agree more  notworthy.gif .

Very very dissapointed.

Realism is good, but excessive realism is bad. Remeber that in the end, this is a game, not a military training program.

That 'excessive realism' is what the game is about. I don't want the game to be any less realistic than it already is.

i just dislike the campaign.. i got half way thru and just quit cause i got bored... didnt drag me in..

Funny but that perfectly sums up OFP's campaign for me. I had the game for years before I found the interest to finish the campaign. I was focused on multiplayer, the mission editor, and creating islands(none of which made it to release).

Performance-wise I must be lucky because my experience seems to be the opposite of most people here. When I bought OFP my system was top of the line. Asus top mobo, PIII 700, GeForce 256 and creative soundblaster live. All of which were fastest and most expensive availble at the time. OFP ran like crap, snail-like framerate and scopes slowed even worse. But I enjoyed the game too much to shelve it for 200 fps in UT or other junk.

Now for me ArmA on an old low-end system, runs much smoother while easily looking 10X better.

ArmA's campaign leaves something to be desired, but for me OFP's did as well.

So no I'm definitly not disappointed

A pIII 700 was not even by far the most expensive or the better.

I had an AMD k7 1300 SDRAm weeks before ofp went out with a geforce2 Gts and even that wasnt the highest you could get.

Yes i was not impressed with the demo, i nearly did not bye it, cos it was crap. but i did liie flashpoint a lot. so i got Arma i it was a lot better.

So what I think is, the demo dose not do the game any creadet. the game is verry good

Ravenuk

I'm certainly pleased with the game. Not happy, pleasantly suprised or exuberant, just pleased. Essentially what we have here is OFP 1.97, or 2.00... depending upon how you look at it I spose. I think there was a broad base for improvement upon what they did previously, but unfortunantly, it looks as if BIS simply rushed a product that is several years behind the curve in terms of what developers are capable of today, especially given the current technology available.

I'm new and I got the game last week (US version). I like the game. It could be better, but so could lots of things.

It's like a totally different game. Unless I find it in a cheap bin at a store for like $10 bucks. I ain't buying it.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

It's like a totally different game. Unless I find it in a cheap bin at a store for like $10 bucks. I ain't buying it.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

if you want to make a point, you would have to make a simple reference, to mark whats the "different" part in your opinion, or someone out there will going to flood you with flameable liquid

oh and if you somehow find another way to bypass engine limit in ofp, remember to tell someone, ppl will more then happy to hear that

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

if you want to make a point, you would have to make a simple reference, to mark whats the "different" part in your opinion, or someone out there will going to flood you with flameable liquid

oh and if you somehow find another way to bypass engine limit in ofp, remember to tell someone, ppl will more then happy to hear that

He did make a point (a different -disappointing???- game), I don't think there's any need for some in-depth elaboration, but if you really need some then just browse back thru the pages here or even better play ARMA, and I'm sorry that I didn't apply the same (very wise) policy like MilitiaSniper did.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

He did make a point (a different -disappointing???- game), I don't think there's any need for some in-depth elaboration, but if you really need some then just browse back thru the pages here or even better play ARMA, and I'm sorry that I didn't apply the same (very wise) policy like MilitiaSniper did.

no, its because we're living in a parallel universe where i get the game and think it is a updated OFP and i kind of like it while you get the game and think it differently

Please use this thread for future discussion about your negative or disappointing experience with ArmA. smile_o.gif

Closing.