Sign in to follow this  
Marines

Dolphin Slaughter... Disturbing

Oh and ive seen a program where the uk has COD Farms.. where they breed lots of COD which never see the oceon but thats to help protect the free cod anways..

Quote[/b] ]We dont eat cute lambs.. we eat old fat sheep lol.. if we ate lambs there would be no sheep in our fields... They call it lamb to make it sound fresher or something.. and thats not the point..

We do.

Go to your butcher and watch the lamb-flesh. Even for an amateur it´s pretty easy to see the difference:

Lamb flesh is only allowed to be sold as such if the sheep hasn´t been older than 12 months when it got killed.

Milk lambs ( 8 weeks to 6 months old) have a special kind of flesh as they have no eaten any grass food. The flesh is very "whity".

In germany for example almost every piece of sheep that is sold is from lambs, not from sheep older than 1 year.

I guess it´s pretty much the same in your country aswell.

Quote[/b] ].. when we kill animals as such that you started we kill them in a decent death thats v quick we dont let them bleed out for a long time in so much pain you can see it and laugh at them dieing..

That´s one of the myths you are told to believe. By increasing numbers of flesh needed to satisfy to customer needs, the numbers and tact rates within slaughterhouses had to be risen dramatically over the last years. This means that animals are still not unconsious when slaughtered. For example stallions are often resistant to the methods that are supposed to make them unconsious. They are simply hung up and get their throat slit when totally aware of what´s happening. There are pretty much resources on that.

Pigs are thrown into 70 degrees celsius water to make it easier to get rid of their hair. Studies have found that about 40 percent of the pigs had water in their lungs after slauhtering. This means that they were still alive when thrown into the water. Nice death eh ? Drown in 70 degrees hot water. Apart from that people working at the slaughterhouses often use long pikes to push the resistant pigs underwater to drown them.

All so civilized...in theory.

I´m not even going to talk about the jewish and islamish way of slaughtering that is also allowed in the western world. Simply strangulate your animal of choice or let it bleed to death without any methods of making them unconsious as this would collide with religious traditions.

Oh yes, we´re so much better, just because we want to believe that we are.

We´re transporting live cows through europe and back just to get some money from the EU and if some animals die of dehydration or because they are stamped to death we don´t care. If cows break their legs on that transport we simply saw them off when they are totally awake or pull them from the trucks with forklifts.

Open your eyes man, if you want to protest you don´t have to drive to Japan.

ok Matt i'm aware there are some fish farms or tries to fix damage to ecosystem by helping reproduction

same goes for e.g. seashell farms etc.

but what i mean it's fraction in what should be done to fix damage (especially on bigger sea animals like whales, sharks, dolphins and tons others) ...

Quote[/b] ]We dont eat cute lambs.. we eat old fat sheep lol.. if we ate lambs there would be no sheep in our fields... They call it lamb to make it sound fresher or something.. and thats not the point..

We do.

Go to your butcher and watch the lamb-flesh. Even for an amateur it´s pretty easy to see the difference:

Lamb flesh is only allowed to be sold as such if the sheep hasn´t been older than 12 months when it got killed.

Milk lambs ( 8 weeks to 6 months old) have a special kind of flesh as they have no eaten any grass food. The flesh is very "whity".

In germany for example almost every piece of sheep that is sold is from lambs, not from sheep older than 1 year.

I guess it´s pretty much the same in your country aswell.

Quote[/b] ].. when we kill animals as such that you started we kill them in a decent death thats v quick we dont let them bleed out for a long time in so much pain you can see it and laugh at them dieing..

That´s one of the myths you are told to believe. By increasing numbers of flesh needed to satisfy to customer needs, the numbers and tact rates within slaughterhouses had to be risen dramatically over the last years. This means that animals are still not unconsious when slaughtered. For example stallions are often resistant to the methods that are supposed to make them unconsious. They are simply hung up and get their throat slit when totally aware of what´s happening. There are pretty much resources on that.

Pigs are thrown into 70 degrees celsius water to make it easier to get rid of their hair. Studies have found that about 40 percent of the pigs had water in their lungs after slauhtering. This means that they were still alive when thrown into the water. Nice death eh ? Drown in 70 degrees hot water. Apart from that people working at the slaughterhouses often use long pikes to push the resistant pigs underwater to drown them.

All so civilized...in theory.

I´m not even going to talk about the jewish and islamish way of slaughtering that is also allowed in the western world. Simply strangulate your animal of choice or let it bleed to death without any methods of making them unconsious as this would collide with religious traditions.

Oh yes, we´re so much better, just because we want to believe that we are.

We´re transporting live cows through europe and back just to get some money from the EU and if some animals die of dehydration or because they are stamped to death we don´t care. If cows break their legs on that transport we simply saw them off when they are totally awake or pull them from the trucks with forklifts.

Open your eyes man, if you  want to protest you don´t have to drive to Japan.

You must be vegetarian. tounge2.gif

Or you could live with it, knowing this while you're eating a tenderloin steak.

(Well.. at least I do.)

I give a rats arse if I ram a pigeon while driving my car. In fact it even provides me a funny story to tell my friends. "So I was driving my car and suddenly a suicidal pigeon pops up and gets rammed by my wind shield. After that the corpse bumped the wind shield of the car behind me. Imagine the feathers flying all over the place."

Hell no ! biggrin_o.gif

I am eating flesh with a passion but I certainly try to get it directly from a farmer I know and don´t run for budget flesh sales at the supermarket. I know this is quite some benefit from living in a rural area. You can actually control what you buy.

I´m just pointing out all this as all go frantic when flipper bleeds to death in Japan but noone does infact care how his hamburger is made or what animals have to suffer when they are "produced" to meat here, round the corner and everywhere.

How many of those who are screaming for the annihilation of japanese dolphin-killers have actually been to a slaughterhouse in their neighbourhood to check if all the killing is so easy going there ?

Oh and btw, pigs are infact smarter than dolphins so nowadays the TV series would be Pipper, not Flipper.

If been there quite some times when my uncle was working there and it isn´t really a nice place of peace, love and happiness where Ms Piggy meets the consumer demand for cheap flesh.

People just have to understand that if you pay more for your flesh you also do contribute to the living conditions of animals that are meant for producing flesh.

There is a reason why Kobe flesh is that expensive.

Kobe beef isn't the greatest price comparison though - even the best farmers in the UK won't be out in the fields massaging their cattle.

Quote[/b] ]I am eating flesh with a passion but I certainly try to get it directly from a farmer I know and don´t run for budget flesh sales at the supermarket. I know this is quite some benefit from living in a rural area. You can actually control what you buy.

good man! Here in Oxford there is a very old traditional indoor market in the city, where in a 100 square metres you'll find 6 or so family butchers, fishmongers etc etc - They hang the slaughtered animals from the roof of the market when it's a particularly busy time of year (At christmas the entire roof is covered in dead turkeys etc) - Nothing beats going to a proper butcher and selecting a proper cut of meat - I hate the supermarket packages stuff, where it's dressed and coloured so people can happily ignore that they're eating something that was living.

I now for one that my children will know from a very early age where their food comes from. I remember when I was growing up in Denmark we were taken to a local farm as children to see how chickens were slaughtered and how that became meat - because it was at a young age i can't recall being bothered by what was going on, and took it as the norm.

Balschoiw, it isn't because somehow a single dolphin got to be famous on a show that everybody is upset by slaughtering of dolphins. And to go along with your pig story and to establish a comparison, it MIGHT have happened already, but I don't think that pigs saved more humans than dolphins have, so far. Once again, that is tied to the fact that in water we're more helpless than on land and don't need to be rescued that often, I guess... But hey, there's common sense in us wanting to protect some species that actually is more beneficial to the whole of mankind while it is alive rather than dead, in detriment of others that are regularly featured on menus. People may know that pigs are butchered in cruel ways but naturally won't give a damn compared to dolphins which may one day save their lives. How many times did you think your life could be saved by a pig, if possible, and how many times do you think a dolphin could save your life, if possible? Think about that. And, whilst you're at it, think how many places feature pork meat on their menus, and how many feature dolphin meat... It's just a given fact that dolphins are more useful to man alive than dead and therefore humans care about them than pigs which seem to universally be destined to serve as food. So it is only natural that the vast majority of people will abhorr any brutal behaviour towards dolphins, and not give too much of a crap when a pig squeals on a spit waiting to finally succumb to it's last breath...

well all that i can say its not right to slaughter endangered species and sell it off as whale meat.

yeah its good to eat meat but not from an endangered species. Im sure i want my kids to grow up knowing what Dolphins are, i dont want them reading about them in history books.

BUZZARD @ May 07 2007,18:22)]Balschoiw, it isn't because somehow a single dolphin got to be famous on a show that everybody is upset by slaughtering of dolphins. And to go along with your pig story and to establish a comparison, it MIGHT have happened already, but I don't think that pigs saved more humans than dolphins have, so far. Once again, that is tied to the fact that in water we're more helpless than on land and don't need to be rescued that often, I guess... But hey, there's common sense in us wanting to protect some species that actually is more beneficial to the whole of mankind while it is alive rather than dead, in detriment of others that are regularly featured on menus. People may know that pigs are butchered in cruel ways but naturally won't give a damn compared to dolphins which may one day save their lives. How many times did you think your life could be saved by a pig, if possible, and how many times do you think a dolphin could save your life, if possible? Think about that. And, whilst you're at it, think how many places feature pork meat on their menus, and how many feature dolphin meat... It's just a given fact that dolphins are more useful to man alive than dead and therefore humans care about them than pigs which seem to universally be destined to serve as food. So it is only natural that the vast majority of people will abhorr any brutal behaviour towards dolphins, and not give too much of a crap when a pig squeals on a spit waiting to finally succumb to it's last breath...

I'm pretty sure more pigs have saved human lives over the years. From starvation atleast tounge2.gif

It is, however, a fact that pigs are smarter than dolphins.

I can hardly see that.. Onk Onk Rolls in the mud..

When 1 pig is getting brutally murdered its mates will run away for sure.. a pig does not learn how to kill a shark, a pig does not have sonar and make cool noises and a pig cant swim underwater! tounge2.gif Humans can too

I was only stating the utilitarian point of view by the way which the majority views the two animals in question... but talking about questions, your point made me think of a multi-million dollar question: Are we the (supposedly at least) smartest animals because we eat the meat of the smarter animals instead of the dumber ones, or not? Or are we afraid of smart competition? rofl.gif

i have no idea what you guys talking about here, its like saying if you plug a pig brain into a computer it will act more human like then a dolphins one, meanless BS IMO goodnight.gif

i'm an ecologist, and for me this video is a crime against the NATURE. first the human nature, they didn't learn from the past. these japanese are like the japanese soldiers in China, where they did massacres;

yes, i know, humans not equal to animals!!!!!

why, who has said that?

personally, i have already seen some horrible pictures and videos. (about the ww2, about animals in laboratories etc). humans think that they are the most evolved specie on earth, but when i see this kind of spectacle, i just can laugh. a thing is reassuring, if humanity continue these massacres, humanity will be the following species to disappear.

and to finish, like this is said in the video, theirs acts are illegal. Japan should be punished.

and you can't compare wild animals and farm animals.

in 2030, 38% of the species (animal and vegetal) will be disappeared. this is not me who say that, but the scientists.

other massacres:

http://www.peta.org/

btw: currently Icelandic and Norwegian continue to kill whales (SEI WHALE for example) and undoubtedly dolphins.

do you know how expensive they sell those whale/dolphin flash?

i think the point that every ppl miss here is that Dolphin, being one of the endangered species have every rights to lives, and human are not only destorying the food chain and the living area of these animals, these F#@Kers are also killing them as food, and say BS like "we are protecting the eco system by balancing up the food chain" "we are doing scientific research" blah blah blah to mask their crime (much like what their right wings tries to glorify/denial of their WWII crime, or the PRC for their act in june 4th at TianAnMen square)

now i know that i dont have the rights to talk about as there are one main dish in normal chiness banquet using shark's fins to make soup and i ate lots of them when i was a kid, but right now i try every thing to avoid them

farm animals, after all they are born to being kill and ate without harming the nature food chain, so there isnt much to say, but as a living things, they deserves atless some respects when they are still living

"sorry Mr. Cock, but i am hungry"

Quote[/b] ] but I don't think that pigs saved more humans than dolphins have, so far.

While I don´t really see much sense in this kind of debate, pigs indeed have a multibillion "saved lives" record. Ever heard of Diabetes ? Ever heard of the way Insuline was "generated" before they found a way to create it artificially ?

Chances are so extremely low that I or you will ever be saved a dolphin, while chances are quite measurable that you or I will be saved by a pigs Insuline oneday.

Quote[/b] ]farm animals, after all they are born to being kill and ate without harming the nature food chain

Of course it´s harming the nature´s food chain. Insectizides and fertilizers used to grow food for farmed animals are of course hurting and extinguishing elements of the food chain. Not to speak of the pollutive effects of the urin and dung they create and the drastic changes done to complete landscapes that also erradicate other species.

And the reasoning that some animals are simply grown to be killed is morally debatable at least. Again, it´s a human point of definition but judging this from a higher perspective makes humans mass producers of living creatures only meant to be slaughtered.

To be honest, we all eat too much flesh. It´s not worthy anymore. If flesh was a limited good people maybe would care more about the way it was generated. In regions where flesh is no usual food the animals that produce flesh are highly valued. Here in the western world it´s all about price, mass and availability.

I am a meat eater.  I feel little remorse for the cow or chicken that I consume, even though I know thier death may not have come by gentle means.

Its peculiar how we humans pick and choose the animals we feal remorse for, often based on their perceived cuteness.  It is also strange how we project human emotions onto other species and generate sympathy based on that.

That being said...that video was truly disturbing.  If that same video had taken place with tuna instead of dolphins my emotions would likely not have been so strong.  

Why the images of the slaughter of dolphins invokes such a strong response in me I cannot adaquately explain or justify.  Perhaps it was the calous nature of their deaths.  Maybe it is that they simply are more "human like" than other sea creatures.

What I know is that I am not a PETA supporter or a tree hugger.  I also know that the video envokes feelings of pain and sadness.  And it makes me wonder how another is devoid of such a response.  Perhaps it is just a matter of conditioning.

More questions that I will likely never receive an adaquate answer too...

PS: Balschoiw is correct on one point. Western societies in large part eat far more meat then they need to. Most people eat at least 2X the ammount required for their needs. 6-8 oz is far smaller than most realize. Anyway...

maybe i am still under the effect of the old style farming knowage but yes, i do know how much damage a mass farm could product to the eco system, thx for point out, but if you want to put the same rules on an endangered species which everyone knows they are now or never then i dont think thats correct, humans have done too much damage, but if no one cares, who will?

Quote[/b] ] but I don't think that pigs saved more humans than dolphins have, so far.

While I don´t really see much sense in this kind of debate, pigs indeed have a multibillion "saved lives" record. Ever heard of Diabetes ? Ever heard of the way Insuline was "generated" before they found a way to create it artificially ?

Chances are so extremely low that I or you will ever be saved a dolphin, while chances are quite measurable that you or I will be saved by a pigs Insuline oneday.

Balschoiw... It's one thing for an animal to save you on its own initiative, without any other help or assistance, another thing is an animal being taken advantage of to save human lives...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Just don't tell me that the dolphins are doing that out of altruism (towards us) ,,,

And I found all this discussion bellow any decent norm and level. We, as a specie, are breeding other species on an industrial scale for consumption, we've genetically modified them to 'serve' to this purpose, we're using and exploiting them for all kind of 'unhuman' and painful experiments for cosmetic, medical and other purposes e.g. to please our egoistic commodity ,,, and now we've suddenly met our conscience and compassion when we saw -and only then; when we saw- a few dolphins in mortal agony. What a hipocricy.

Agent Smith from a Matrix movie were right; we are like a godamn virus on/to this planet.

Just don't tell me that the dolphins are doing that out of altruism (towards us) ,,,

I don't think they're smart enough to realise that saving human lives is a great benefit in terms of support from humans towards them, unless you could prove otherwise... but please correct me if I'm wrong. I actually do think their acts of saving us are of altruism, because wild dolphins that do save people aren't fed nor benefitted any other way except for being considered a "protected species" by us, something that AFAIK they aren't even aware of... or do you know something that we don't?? huh.gif

I haven't watched the vid, and i don't plan too, but judging by the responses i can make a pretty good assumption of what disgusting behavior is being conducted.

I just hope the people responsible will receive ample pain and punishment. Call me cruel, perhaps, and yes you could say, what about all the farmers and factory workers who kill animals in the thousands on a daily basis.

Its a hard one to show a fair argument as both involve the same thing. Its just that there is a certain media around the more popular animals of this world.

If we all had pet chickens, im sure there would be an uproar about the killing of them.

Its all wrong imo, and the only way to stop this, is to stop ourselves from our greed.

People and animals go through unthinkable pain everyday without us even knowing. The interesting thing is, there could be a dozen of these actions taking place all over the world every day.

I just hope one day, there is a huge natural disaster for the good of humanity. And perhaps one day, we will start to think with respect and as a united race, rather than leading all our selfish lives.

Nick

BUZZARD @ May 08 2007,18:11)]

I don't think they're smart enough to realise that saving human lives is a great benefit in terms of support from humans towards them, unless you could prove otherwise... but please correct me if I'm wrong. I actually do think their acts of saving us are of altruism, because wild dolphins that do save people aren't fed nor benefitted any other way except for being considered a "protected species" by us, something that AFAIK they aren't even aware of... or do you know something that we don't?? huh.gif

Well, I only do 'know' that they're not doing it like consciously and on regular basis (which would proove the(ir) intention), and from a reasons like 'let's help those pure humans, they're deserving to be saved, they're so smart and beautiful, they have a civilisation out there on a dry land' ,,, Why they're doing that? I don't know and franky I don't really care, as I don't know why sometimes they're killing their own youngs or a 'lower' spieces of dolphins; it was prooved that they're not killing them because they're like a competition (for food, living space ... ) to them, but just because ,,, maybe we and dolphins are more alike than we know and want to admit (dolphin is in our eyes quite a glorified animal). Who knows, maybe they're saving us just to make a joke with their 'friends' sharks, but certainly not because they're nurcing some special feelings or affection towards us.

the problem is not the fact, that they kill dolphins. in fact they break laws, and if the international community let Japan make that, it's an opened door, for other illegal massacres.

the polar bear is in danger, like a lot of species.

what do you want for the future? a sterile planet? or a planet with a lot of species?

Earth doesn't need humanity to be living, but Earth need all the other species, insects, elephants, birds, sharks etc. they work for the balance of the biodiversity .

an example: if one day all the ground worms disappear Earth will become a sterile world. humanity doesn't know exactly how work the life on the Earth, this is stupid and irresponsible to play with that.

I just hope space travel picks up real fast so we can start colonizing the rest of the galaxy - maybe we'll cherish our home planet better then and let good old Mother Nature have it more her way than only ours... confused_o.gif

Most of us here find it horrible, me including.

On the other hand: what a human thinks is mostly regulated by culture.

I'v learned that freedom of choice is a very valuable human freedom.

The only solution is NOT to focus on these slaughterings. Focus on the opposite if you want this to stop. Remember: everything you focus on grows bigger.

Focus on organisations who promote sealife for instance, works far better.

Greetingz, Monk.