Sign in to follow this  
Marines

Dolphin Slaughter... Disturbing

I've seen some pretty awful things in my very short 26 years on this planet, as a Marine, a Police Officer, and as a Private Military Contractor. But this is inordinately cruel and hard to watch. Not to mention that these animals are highly endangered.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS IMAGES OF A GRAPHIC NATURE

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

I've seen some pretty awful things in my very short 26 years on this planet, as a Marine, a Police Officer, and as a Private Military Contractor. But this is inordinately cruel and hard to watch. Not to mention that these animals are highly endangered.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS IMAGES OF A GRAPHIC NATURE

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

That's freaking horrible. It makes it all the worse that since dolphins breathe like we do with lungs, they're alive during the entire "machete" ordeal.

It's sad to think that probably absolutely nothing will be done about this.

Japs are a very strange and very cruel race when it comes to animal wellfair. And Stryder your right my friend, nothing will be done about it. sad_o.gif

That movie in really sad.

Quote[/b] ]I've seen some pretty awful things in my very short 26 years on this planet, as a Marine, a Police Officer, and as a Private Military Contractor.

rofl.gif

And you feel disturbed by killing animals ?

rofl.gif

Sorry dude, you´d better invest your feeling to Ali Iraq first.

It´s just...they don´t look so cute, right ?

Quote[/b] ]I've seen some pretty awful things in my very short 26 years on this planet, as a Marine, a Police Officer, and as a Private Military Contractor.

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

I've never had a dolphin shoot at me. Sorry, but with the exception of my close friends and family I have very little sympathy for my fellow humans anymore. I feel much more for those poor creatures.

Guest Ti0n3r

The world is sure full of idiots (from my western world point of view) confused_o.gif

remember that 31 Dolphin being killed right after they saved a bunch of ppl who are surrounded by shark?

dolphins wont grab a gun and start shooting at ppl, lions wont bite untill they are hungery or you mess with it, same goes for other animals, in fact, there is only 1 single creature that can be called evil, and its human

Quote[/b] ]I've never had a dolphin shoot at me.

Still you have no problem to eat cows, pigs, fish, cute lambs and calves, chicken and many many more animals.

So if you would act acording to your sentiments you should stop eating animals at all.

It´s a matter of definition what is supposed to be the "right" food.

In some countries they eat insects, monkeys, dogs and malayans have a favour for cats.

Live with it, there is no such thing called "global taste".

Just because the slaughtering in the western countries is taken to hygenic factories, the killing process still is there.

Mc Donalds doesn´t make it´s Hamburgers from synthetic flesh, at least that´s what I hope.

Apart from that it´s very easy to say that average Ali Iraq is shooting at everyone crossing his pathway. Last time I checked they are simply blown to bits by insert whatever faction or warparty here.

Quote[/b] ]n fact, there is only 1 single creature that can be called evil, and its human

Nice find. Open your fridge and see that you´re part of the evil-team.

Still you have no problem to eat cows, pigs, fish, cute lambs and calves, chicken and many many more animals.

So if you would act acording to your sentiments you should stop eating animals at all.

In some countries they eat insects, monkeys, dogs and malayans have a favour for cats.

Just because the slaughtering in the western countries is taken to hygenic factories, the killing process still is there.

Mc Donalds doesn´t make it´s Hamburgers from synthetic flesh, at least that´s what I hope.

Apart from that it´s very easy to say that average Ali Iraq is shooting at everyone crossing his pathway. Last time I checked they are simply blown to bits by insert whatever faction or warparty here.

Quote[/b] ]n fact, there is only 1 single creature that can be called evil, and its human

I don't think you get the point.

The point is not that they are actually kiling the dolphins, the point is HOW.

Of course it disturbs people that they are left to suffocate on the street like that, that's simply cruel.

That's not how animals are killed in the western countries. The cultures are different, I grant you - but that doesn't mean that we should simply look the other way around.

Mixing in the war and terror countries inbetween is simply stupid and off topic.

//Edit - oh and for those interested since these doplhins should have more 'soul' than other animals.

Well, study shows that pigs are infact smarter than dolphins. And we kill those too... Just in a more 'humane method'. Well, atleast here in Denmark, where they are made uncunsious using electricity, and cut open while sleeping.

How animals are killed in Western countries?

Yup the video is disturbing, cruel etc. But apparently the people do it for a living, not just for fun unlike in some Western sport fishing: Think about how cruel it is to catch a fish with a cruel, for sure painful method and then throw it back to the water. And then do it all over again. Now that is definitely something I have a problem with. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the fish were actually eaten but doing it for just fun, that is cruel. Then it's not about survival of the human beings anymore, but only about having fun.

What's with dolphins and this extra special treatment they deserve? Is it because of Flipper?

Balschoiw, I must say that whilst you may have a point, let me offer you a different perspective. It is my true oppinion that we should leave marine animals alone. Why? The water is not our natural habitat. Our habitat is surface ground, which we share with all manners of animals, like cows, chicken, pigs, etc etc etc. But the marine animals we really should leave alone. It's already bad enough that we use the world's water masses as our most popular sewers, where millions of tons of toxic waste is deposited every year, but to go after sea life is just unnatural, in my oppinion. I bet the human being could live without a diet based on marine animals. And one day, it actually will have to, because the seas are being over-fished...

@ CsonkaPityu: Although I've never been saved by a dolphin, we know enough about them to say that killing them is shooting ourselves in the foot, for if possible one should save your life, I bet your oppinion about them will change real fast... There are few animals that go out of their way to help human beings, they have never posed a threat to us (go into a pool with a hungry dolphin, and go into a pool with a hungry shark... which one will you survive? ) , I think it's the utmost stupidity to kill such animals, be it for survival or sports or whatever...

BUZZARD @ May 05 2007,14:01)]Balschoiw, I must say that whilst you may have a point, let me offer you a different perspective. It is my true oppinion that we should leave marine animals alone. Why? The water is not our natural habitat. Our habitat is surface ground, which we share with all manners of animals, like cows, chicken, pigs, etc etc etc. But the marine animals we really should leave alone. It's already bad enough that we use the world's water masses as our most popular sewers, where millions of tons of toxic waste is deposited every year, but to go after sea life is just unnatural, in my oppinion. I bet the human being could live without a diet based on marine animals. And one day, it actually will have to, because the seas are being over-fished...

@ CsonkaPityu: Although I've never been saved by a dolphin, we know enough about them to say that killing them is shooting ourselves in the foot, for if possible one should save your life, I bet your oppinion about them will change real fast... There are few animals that go out of their way to help human beings, they have never posed a threat to us (go into a pool with a hungry dolphin, and go into a pool with a hungry shark... which one will you survive? ) , I think it's the utmost stupidity to kill such animals, be it for survival or sports or whatever...

Uhm...

That was a rather weird oppinion. I don't see why marine animals should have special treatment over surface animals? After all, we all come from the sea, anyway.

Pigs or cows isn't a threat to us either - and i'm pretty sure the fish that the dolphins are eating isn't a threat to it either. It just needs it to survive.

Japs coincidently like to eat dolphins (propably because theres alot of them right in their backyard), which is fine by me - but I just want them to kill them properly.

Humans are made to eat both vegetables and meat - many of the proteins are necessary for a human being to work efficiently.

Dolphins are a highly Intelligent, non threatening species. I find this sort of slaughter god damn aweful...

Japan is a huge threat to ocean life and you dont want them fishing anywhere near your backyard, thats a fact.

Nature is violent, just as violent as what you just saw...

Has humans we should be better but we're not, we are animals just like the rest, we kill other animals and we kill eachother.

I think its quite shocking to see these animals being slaughtered like that but its not surprising. I recomend people not to watch the movie, it wont do you any good.

Quote[/b] ]Japan is a huge threat to ocean life and you dont want them fishing anywhere near your backyard, thats a fact.

In comparison with? They're only as infamous as they are because they choose to eat the more cuddly and protected marine life out there...

the UK and Spain are wiping the earth clean of Atlantic Cod... but they're ugly, so who cares hey?

just a side notes, most of the whaler are using scientific research as cover

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Dolphins represent the the top tier of intelligent mammals on the planet, and they're endangered. FYI, I have a great deal of respect for the Iraqi's, I think they are a stand-up people with an excellent set of values towards family and a work ethic.

But then again, dolphins aren't exactly carrying AK's and RPG's around... icon_rolleyes.gif

They're an ENDANGERED species cover by international law, a law the Japanese regulary violate simply because they enjoy such delicacies.

the main problem is not that they killing Dolphins and Whales ...

it's in numbers of these animals dropping way too fast due to modern ways of hunting (luring them by sounds, messing theirs sonars, watching theirs paths by radar/sonar etc)

it's known that IF all fishing fleets go rampage w/o any regulation ... within 50 y all possible food is gone from seas ...

humans harvests these resources but do nearly NOTHING to maintain or fill the lossses ...

i mean You saw any fishing corporation to sponsor any fish,whale, doplhin 'grow-up' and 'reproduction' program ?

there is huge difference between "farms" where you get cows / chickens w/e grown up to become food

and just take it from nature w/o "fixing" the hole ...

lets just argue with Whales ...

Japs along with some other nations are hunting whales which numbers are impossible to fix the speed of killing

(low reproduction rate, low number of female whales, long small whale grow)

yet they argue its for science (killing) and that there is enough whales ...

whales and doplhins are very nice and clever creatures and they don't deserve to be wiped out just because they good food ...

sure if someone want use them as food, why not build huge production farm in some gulf ? ... it's expensive but fair

it's way too easy to plunder earths resources w/o consequences ...

IMHO i wonder why noone sunk yet such ships with force if they hunting rare animals in international sea waters ...

probably because they are doing this in international waters - if they were whaling off the coast of the USA (for instance), then I'm sure stronger actions could be taken.

unfortunately its left to diplomacy

BUZZARD @ May 07 2007,13:30)]
IMHO i wonder why noone sunk yet such ships with force if they hunting rare animals in international sea waters ...

I agree with you 100% - whaling ships would be excellent target-practice for naval weaponry!  thumbs-up.gif

there are infact someone actural buy a warship of some sort to try to stop them, since all the "attack run"(since no real firearm is being used) are did on the  international water as long as the crew didnt step on japaness soil they wont have big problem

just take out that goddamn harpoon cannon out then they are out of business for quite a while wink_o.gif

I agree with you 100% - whaling ships would be excellent target-practice for naval weaponry! thumbs-up.gif

We dont eat cute lambs.. we eat old fat sheep lol.. if we ate lambs there would be no sheep in our fields... They call it lamb to make it sound fresher or something.. and thats not the point.. when we kill animals as such that you started we kill them in a decent death thats v quick we dont let them bleed out for a long time in so much pain you can see it and laugh at them dieing..

If i was in japan at the time and saw that happened i think i would of tunred a bit phyco and started stabbing people and shouting how do you like it.. id become a fugitive for the animals sake.