Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

THE EUROPEAN FLAG SUCKS !!

Change it !!!! It sucks !!!!

Looks like a cheap attempt to be a united states of europe flag imho. It looks weak and ugly..

Yeah, i say we put some cool pictures on it, like the union jack, or like, an all white flag with a big red crosseven better something with a big red dragon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 12 2002,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, i say we put some cool pictures on it, like the union jack, or like, an all white flag with a big red crosseven better something with a big red dragon<span id='postcolor'>

a union jack confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif and why not the belgian flag after confused.gif

no , something representative of the europe , an element of every members nation flag for exemple would be cool

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, i say we put some cool pictures on it, like the union jack, or like, an all white flag with a big red crosseven better something with a big red dragon<span id='postcolor'>

a union jack confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif and why not the belgian flag after

no , something representative of the europe , an element of every members nation flag for exemple would be cool<span id='postcolor'>

Well, taking my inspiration from these forums, how about we have three quarters US flag, with the other quarter a flaming mass biggrin.gif

j/k i just wanted to say it before someone else did

btw i was just joking about the union jack motiff

The 12 stars represent the 12 original members of the European Community as it was originally named.

They will have to change it anyway, what with the new members and all.

Like the stars in the american flag, that multiplied as more memberstates were accepted.

No, unfortunately this flag must be boring. In fact the more boring the better. The idea of the European union is not to combine countries and mix up cultures. Therefore the flag should not make the impression of a "melting pot symbol". We are not desperately trying to be the same! United colors of Europe, or what? No, the EU is purely a economical and political contract, and not an "giving up some of your culture to fit the whole" unification. (no standardised McDOnalds approach here!) Therefore I like it the way it is. In Germany you always see the two flags together: the german and the EU one! wink.gif

And we got something in Europe that is unique in the whole world. Another indicator that we dont want to standardise our Europe culture is the currency. The Euro has the same value in every country, but each country has its own coins with its own national symbols. Wouldnt it be cool for the US if you would have e.g. own symbols for Califronia or NY?

And our bills are very colourful and impressive, the US$ looks like toilet-paper! biggrin.gif (just kiddin)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wouldnt it be cool for the US if you would have e.g. own symbols for Califronia or NY?

<span id='postcolor'>

We do,for every state.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Feb. 13 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wouldnt it be cool for the US if you would have e.g. own symbols for Califronia or NY?

<span id='postcolor'>

We do,for every state.<span id='postcolor'>

oooooppssss! Didnt know, forgive my naivety confused.gif

US$ looks like toilet-paper!

and when I got my new snazzy printer I found out its very very hard to counterfeit wow.gif

hey!, somebody has to pay these fucking bills! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Feb. 13 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US$ looks like toilet-paper!

and when I got my new snazzy printer I found out its very very hard to counterfeit wow.gif

hey!, somebody has to pay these fucking bills! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In an issue of maxim or FHM it showed you all these cool little things you can do with dollars, like ripping people. I can't remember specifics but there was loads of scams you could pull off thanks to the fact that some dollar bills are pretty similar. can't remember any of them though, i'll look them up sometime

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 13 2002,00:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US$ looks like toilet-paper!

hey!, somebody has to pay these fucking bills! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In an issue of maxim or FHM it showed you all these cool little things you can do with dollars, like ripping people. I can't remember specifics but there was loads of scams you could pull off thanks to the fact that some dollar bills are pretty similar. can't remember any of them though, i'll look them up sometime<span id='postcolor'>

I remember when I was young, you could buy dollars for children in a shop. Everyone wanted to have them cause all that stuff like Miami Vice made us creative. We wanted to play drug dealers too, and spys and secret agents and for this you needed trunks full of dollars smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Feb. 12 2002,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And our bills are very colourful and impressive, the US$ looks like toilet-paper!  biggrin.gif (just kiddin)<span id='postcolor'>

monopoly4_200w.jpg

-=Die Alive=-

I've noticed that as well in little german supermarkets like jibi's that have all those tacky ass toys, they usually have little plastic dollar bills and stuff biggrin.gif they have pounds as well sometimes smile.gif

Here is my idea for the new Euro flag:

Red background with a yellow Hammer and Sickle. Hey wait a minute thats the old soviet flag.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ Feb. 13 2002,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here is my idea for the new Euro flag:

Red background with a yellow Hammer and Sickle. Hey wait a minute thats the old soviet flag.<span id='postcolor'>

The similarities are there biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Feb. 12 2002,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">eu-flag.gif

Who came up with the design, a 7 year old?

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

YES!!! And he was only 6 years when he drawed the U.S-flag.

What a little guy! So much creativity!

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Feb. 13 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">got picture from  ironmaidens websitealso loads of other cool stuff there too biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Too bad there's no good music on the site. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskie @ Feb. 13 2002,07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, i say we put some cool pictures on it, like the union jack, or like, an all white flag with a big red crosseven better something with a big red dragon<span id='postcolor'>

pfft, union jack cool, we are going to kick your union jack off OUR flag! tounge.gif

ok britain can take over yurop and then they will be under control of the new british empire. then, the yuropeern flag could be a british flag. geez do i have to think of everything ?