Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

SWAF-ACF - Anti-Cheat Framework

any updates?

Going a bit slow over the past few days, since I've been playing around with beta 1.07 wink_o.gif .

I'll be getting back on the ACF as soon as my hangover dies down... last night was baaad...

So now been a month and the 108 will be released soon....whats the progress MadDogX ??

DarkPhantom @ June 06 2007,15:16)]
any updates?

Going a bit slow over the past few days, since I've been playing around with beta 1.07  wink_o.gif .

I'll be getting back on the ACF as soon as my hangover dies down... last night was baaad...

So now been a month and the 108 will be released soon....whats the progress MadDogX ??

As you said - 1.08 is just around the corner.

I'm going to wait and see how well BIS' .bisign system works (as it has apparently been fixed in 1.08) and whether it is capable of effectively keeping cheaters and griefers out. If it does, I don't think we will really be needing SWAF-ACF. Otherwise I will most likely start by releasing the scripts first to mission creators and then to the general public.

In theory I could be finished with the script by this evening, as it only needs some polishing and testing. But it will definitely need another beta test, preferrably a public test on a large scale mission such as Evolution, if I get permission to host a modified version.

Once 1.08 is out, I think I will start a poll to see who really wants this anticheat tool and who doesn't.

We could use both, have double the firepower then if they get past one they might not get past the other, yeh man i wanna see some little dirty bandits get sunk and then watch as their game blows up in their face, good work men. yay.gif

We could use both, sorta have double the firepower, yeh man i wanna see some little dirty bandits get sunk and then watch their game blow up in their face good work men. yay.gif

Actually they no longer get sunk, they are kicked off immediately. Too much danger of them still somehow causing havoc. biggrin_o.gif

i really think it would be best to make it available. ya know, you never can have enough weapons against griefers/cheaters

The Command to init vote kick via missions i think is

STR_DS_VOTES_KICK something like that idk.

-Ziggy- @ May 04 2007,21:37)]This is a direct challenge to 'them', and 'they' are already planning to circumvent this.

in the meantime, they can **** off   wink_o.gif

I have to agree with this, its a great job and well done guys!! And the effort your putting in for us the Community is fantastic notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

but as stated when people expect results for their money the hackers will have beaten the system in record time, remember they are getting funds to do it.

Anti Cheat systems are great for honest people, just like a lock on your door, keeps all the honest ones out.

Sad but true.

The last part of the quoated post I STRONGLY AGREE with!