Sign in to follow this  
Novusordo

"Only 144 groups per side supported"

Ok so I'm making a very large misison and I eventually got this error messege pop up on me when placing units.

I clicked ok and removed a group that wasen't essential to make way for a more important group placment and I could play it then but now I can't even if I delete loads of groups I still can't preview mission anymore.

Are the group entries remaining in the mission.sqm and need removing manually? if so how?

Yes you can use (ONLY) biggrin_o.gif 144 Group's a 12 Soldiers i think.

So 1728 Soldiers.

i think this would be enough. wink_o.gif

144 groups a many soldiers, I'm sure there's some limit, but it is way beyond 12.

@Your problem: I have no idea. Usually it should work again as soon as you have less than 144 groups per side.

I had this issue in OFP and I had to keep deleting units and saving till I could preview it again. Then add more and keep track till I hit the limit.

Try to save (if it's possible) and reopen the mission or alternativly copy everything and then past to new mission.

Try to save (if it's possible) and reopen the mission or alternativly copy everything and then past to new mission.

yeah it's possible to save and reloading mission or game for that matter does not fix it.

ok i will try pasting to a new mission, sounds promising smile_o.gif

EDIT: Yup that has fixed it. Excellent - thank you.

You can have more than 12 units in a group. I managed to get 156 units and obviously I could have put more than that but i got board and it was lagging very much.

I also tried adding 3 of these groups (ctrl+c ctrl+v) and it worked like a dream!

firefoxlover.gif

Does markers also count for this? and bunkers etc?

as i dont have even 144 units on map (lots of bunkers, makers etc) and im getting this error.

(160 items seemly on map)

Its 144 groups per side I think. That means you can have 144 on the OPFOR, 144 on the BLUFOR, 144 on the Independent, and 144 on the Civi. Empty might count as civi. Oh and also gamelogic has the 144 limit too.

could be the gamelogics then...

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

grouping up the gamelogics seemed to work, thanks

Gamelogics count as units too, so you need to consider them as well.

The same thing just happened to me but I have nowhere near 144 groups! There are still quite a lot of soldiers and it's in Zaragabad, therefore mostly CQC, so I've put lots of units into buildings; does that anything to do with it? I definitely don't have 144 groups...

A group consists of one or more members. Each individual unit counts as a group. Try to reduce the number of groups by looking at locations and start grouping soldiers that are close to each other and/or look towards the same direction, as these would conceivably be in communication with each other in reality. Set their Special: setting to None, making sure they are set to this disableAI "Move"; in their init line then press F2 and start linking them together. This will reduce the number of groups as the previous individuals are now linked in one group.

Regards,

Sander