Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

1.07 - Content, not when

well highspd ive already played against your team plenty, and if you go ask them im sure they remember me sniping them out of helis while flying

(...)

I have two words for you: stop bitching.

BIS is probably "pandering to the US market" because of some agreement with Atari. If it's a way for them to make some extra money, I welcome it. Extra money for BIS means better quaility for us.

And no one in their right mind can honestly believe that BIS is punishing the community for not liking the campaign. I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Probably the funniest conspiracy theory I have ever heard.

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic chatter. I will refrain from that from now on.

Lunatic @ May 02 2007,20:11)]No mention of Vista or 8800 bugs being fixed.

Yes.. noted that too, or any other real bug fixes. Seems to be mostly cosmetic changes ?

Thanks for the short list of fixes, Be nicer to of been able to play the game long enough to notice them meself. Still, least you guys are working on it.

More info on fixing the Vista and 8800 please, Even if the answer is 'See Windows and Nvidia for advice'

(Anyone out there rich enough and running any Gfx cards higher than an 8800 ?  Hows Arma Run ? )

Quote[/b] ]1.07 - New Weapons - optics camera can have a different direction than muzzle direction now

If this means what I guess it means it should be possible to make ironsight and optics easily, even with the possibility to change the zeroing to any distance ingame.

Nice for nade launchers, mortars, howitzers

Quote[/b] ]Extra money for BIS means better quaility for us.

Where and when?

Quote[/b] ]And no one in their right mind can honestly believe that BIS is punishing the community for not liking the campaign. I'm sorry but that's just ridiculous. Probably the funniest conspiracy theory I have ever heard.

If you thought i was being serious, jokes on you buddy, it was an expression of frustration.

Quote[/b] ]I have two words for you: stop bitching.

Umm why? have you never bitched? do you not find it pathetic that the people who have been waiting longest and paid more money should not get this first, how is denying us the cut-scenes etc fair or exclusive, do you think American consumers will give a damm that they have better cut-scenes?

--------> MadDogX <---------- BI lobbyist in action

MadDogX, I gave BI already cash for an early ALPHA, wasn`t it enough already? Why they do not get to the stock market, there I could buy shares of BI. And I would get some control :-)

MadDogX, I gave BI already cash for an early ALPHA,

Yes you did, you never paid anything for 1.07, so shut up tounge2.gif

(And stop calling everyone who defends ArmA/BI a fanboy, come up with real arguments instead whistle.gif )

--------> MadDogX <---------- BI lobbyist in action

MadDogX, I gave BI already cash for an early ALPHA, wasn`t it enough already? Why they do not get to the stock market, there I could buy shares of BI. And I would get some control :-)

well i paid them twice for a single game and now i end up with 2 CD key, but who cares?

In the meantime guys... check this shit out... these are the fixes for 1.06, thats not mentioning the 1.07 fixes that were introduced

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Version_History#Version_1.06

this is possibly going to be the best patch of arma guys... I'm telling you they fixed SOOO many things... tank turrent depression.. do you know what this means? it means you can now hide in a depression properly. Using terrain.

Many many performance issues were fixed.

@ ofpforum: Right with your logic I have to pay for every patch.

But why I can not call you a fanboy (which I did not to MadDogX) when you have it under your name: ofpforum - Arma/OFP Fan

ONTOPIC:

I guess the missing optics will be solved by the community asap by custom addons. Nevertheless it would be good to have for both sides a working launcher attachable to rifles with a decent iron sight since this gear is an essential element in infantry fighting.

MadDogX, I gave BI already cash for an early ALPHA,

Yes you did, you never paid anything for 1.07, so shut up tounge2.gif

(And stop calling everyone who defends ArmA/BI a fanboy, come up with real arguments instead whistle.gif )

we all paid for a more or less completed game, which is what you expect to find in stores. ArmA was (and still is) far from complete, and - so to speak - we all paid for the patches.

don't act like they're doing us a favour by patching the game. it's their job to bring the game to a state it should have been in last november, and i'm sure they know it.

Surely the game should have been better. And we should not have had to wait this long.. but you got to admit, this is an incredibly large game, with a lot of data and it is so complex that to find every bug the first time around is near impossible. So they used other countries as their beta testers, so that when the big US market got its hands on it. It would be in optimal condition. lol sorry to say it so boldly, but hey... its true.

Where did you read anything about a right to patches in the games EULA?

Patches automaticly mean costs for the developer and often not really low cots.

So the more people buy the game the more money BIS has to fund new games and make ArmA better.

So well thanks for the patches BIS and take your time to make the next patch as good as possible.

So far all patches were improvements for me.

Quote[/b] ]Where did you read anything about a right to patches in the games EULA?

So let me get this straight if they never patched the game, or you had to pay for each patch you would be happy?

We all know they released the game early for funding reasons but you would be happy with what was a 50% complete product? (at best).

Some people who are posting about people not bitching etc should actually read the comments before putting your BIS defensive bubble on and ridiculing perfectly feasable questions and comments, BIS have made mistakes as much as we love them and they will never get anywhere if no critisism is posted and these mistakes not highlighted smile_o.gif

Anyway i'm off for a game, i do bitch yes but i have also posted many positive posts about ArmA

Best regards

Bootleg

Quote[/b] ]Fixed Functions createGroup, createUnit now fully works in MP

Fixed UI - Missing addons error message - show the list of missing addons

Who0t! Finally thumbs-up.gif

Extra money for BIS means better quaility for us.

You seriously need to get off that "cloud 9" you seem to be floating on.

Facts are:

The early takers of this game paid more for less content.

The early takers of this game were (are) being used as beta testers for a unfinished product.

BIS have made such a shamble in how they have marketed and released this game that they have more than likely caused more damage than good to the community as a whole.

ArmA will never capture the same large audience as OFP/RES did.

back in 2001 OFP offered something that no-other game did, there were bugs but back then I think everyone knew that this was something to be expected with something so new so were more patent and understanding, and they had a damn good campaign they could play through while waiting for updates.

ArmA is OFP in a new skin with an absolutely dismal campaign that no-one wants to play or can enjoy so all they are left with is a virgin ArmA with the hope that patches do get released to fix the bugs so that may be why most people seem to be crying out for the patches, they can see the potential in ArmA but because of the amateurish way BIS are addressing this game people are getting frustrated.

BIS had probably hoped to make a lot of money from ArmA (based on the sales of OFP/RES) but because they tried to go it alone without the backing of a big name I would be very surprised if ArmA even makes 30% of the sales that OFP did in its initial release, add that to the discount sweeteners they have got to have offered those companies that agreed to take on board ArmA I would be surprised if BIS even manage to break even, which then could even affect the future development of ArmA.

I have never expected ArmA to have too many new features especially with "Game 2" in the planning but what I did expect was a workable and usable game from the box with minor bugs that needed addressing, not something that required you to be a scripting expert (or rely on a scripting expert) to give solutions to problems that should not even be in the game, 6 months since release and only now it looks like they may have addressed the problem of AI aircraft reliably engaging ground targets, and what Muppet thought they could release a harrier with no STOL/VTOL and not expect the community to moan about it to me simply displays that BIS may be good on the idea front but without someone (like Codemasters) pointing them in the right direction as to what is acceptable and whats not, what will work and what wont, then they really don't have a clue and unless they can sort themselves out the respect and following BIS had earned over the years will dwindle to nothing and they end up as a game developer that once released a game that took the market by storm but could never follow it up with anything just as good.

I know I'm not alone in this thinking but once "game 2" gets released (if it does) I wont be jumping on the band wagon of early adopters again I can bide my time until I think its ready not when they think its ready this may result in picking the game up from the bargain bucket for 9.99 rather than the suggested price of 39.99 which unfortunately means BIS don't make the type of money they would like to but they are the ones that shot themselves in the foot by proving they couldn't manage a piss-up in a brewery never mind develop a game and organize a suitable release plan that does not disrupt the already dwindling community.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Bootleg Soldier @ May 02 2007,15:39)

Extra money for BIS means better quaility for us.

I was quoteing someone else lol, smile_o.gif  find the original nener.gif

I agree with some of your comments, but i don't think it's quite that bad biggrin_o.gif

don't act like they're doing us a favour by patching the game. it's their job to bring the game to a state it should have been in last november, and i'm sure they know it.

No, its their job to make money, and you paid for what you got in the shop, ofcourse, looking at ArmA 1.00 fixes are/were definately needed to make the game good enough so it will sell enough for BI to be profitable, but unless it says something like "By buying this game, you automatically get full support and can expect the game to be on your level of appreciation within x amount of time" they dont "OWE" you anything, with all these patches they are doing:

A. Making the game more profitable (1.04 got much better reviews then 1.00, this increases sales)

B. Doing us a favour (The US market is small for games like OFP/ArmA so it wont sell THAT much, and BI knows the game was released to early but the publishers was after them with a whip, so they try to get it the level they want)

To be honest i think its a combination of the two, but hey, legally they dont have to do anything, its not like you can sue them for making a game you dont like.

Quote[/b] ]@ ofpforum: Right with your logic I have to pay for every patch.

With my logic you should be grateful for free patches, and not whining because you have to wait for 2 weeks.

What gets me is that when the patch is released all these people complaining and bitching about BIS will be like "Omg BIS i love you, your the best and everything else along those lines, id bet money on that" So cut the crap now becuase you will be sucking up later on when the patch is released.  wink_o.gif

And for all its worth you got told by a modarator to cut the crap but you people kept going and i see this getting locked very soon.

All i want to know is if that goddam dissapering server gamespy bug has been fixed. If not im gonna be one pissed off bloke...

Hopefully it will be though.. it occured in 1.05 and wasnt fixed in the beta server patch and i dont know if its fixed in 1.06 as none of us in SWAF have the US version.. so im seriously hoping it will be fixed in 1.07... yay.gif

I am sorry but ofpforum and Matt Rochelle messed up their timing, we all see you very cleary thank you.

Your posts truly state what lengths people will go to ... it's sad but hey thats life, you seem to post but not read

Too off topic with too many claims without any proof.

This thread will be closed for a couple of days so you can cool off.

Dont create another thread as it will be locked.

I am re-opening this thread and hope you will stay on-topic this time.

Every time I see someone drag this thread off-topic I will deal out post-restrictions and kill a kitten.