Sign in to follow this  
{USI}_Zombie

WHERE IS TNT?

Anyone know the status of TNT league?  Their site hasn't been updated in weeks and we are really looking forward to getting started matching in TNT again.  There are some good maps out there that are TNT quality, Clear Cut HAD BETTER BE A TNT MAP  tounge2.gif  .

{USI} Studios is willing and able to make maps as well.  Come on TNT, let's get rockin!

I cannot proof this to be true but i have read that TNT is no more - they renamed to  GGC.

No guarantee on that!

nope ggx, have bought the domain for TNT league, gc league is diffrent, i think ggx gonna run TNT league, but i think they will need help huh.gif

roger that then...if you know how to get in touch with them, let them know {USI} is waiting, willing and able. I am certain some of the other ole ofp tnt league clans are chomping at the bit for tnt league ArmA as well

Zombie,

please contact GGX Jimmy on the MSN address below, the new website link which is not complete is http://www.tnt-league.com

jw.gilbert[at]btinternet.com

Looking for admins etc, so get in contact below, or via our website at www.ggx-clan.com/phpbb.

Thanks

Roger that, I will try AGAIN to contact Jimmy, no response from 2 previous e-mails. I have been checking that website you mentioned a couple times a week, but I will keep trying.

hello!

yeh TNT is breathing, just!

my email address is : jw.gilbert@btinternet.com

no emails from you zombie ? unless you start your emails with SeXUaLLy ExpLIciT lol

so far we have .

me, black den, hitman, widzy said he would help but hes lost in lingo (i'll ring him some day soon). i appologise if i've forgotten anybody as its been a while since we've had a chance to look at the league

yes by all means USI ure help is MUCH appreciated, i started the leauge back up becuase i hate whats up for grabs atm.

but the current island is a load of ****** as im sure many would agree.

the current maps (the majority) arnt really good for CTF.

also the games in its infancy and lacks the CTF edge that OFP had. i hope that patches will fix this or im jumping ship to OFP2. eat it fan boys

unfortunatly icon_rolleyes.gif the weather is awesome atm so im out fixing up my ownage :P car and having fun.

if u wanna chat about TNT and have suggestions get on my MSN @ jw.gilbert@btinternet.com

yeah TNT needs time.

and Clear Cut will become maybe a Gc map when im ready with an Gc Addons-Pack! smile_o.gif

hello!

yeh TNT is breathing, just!

my email address is : jw.gilbert@btinternet.com

no emails from you zombie ? unless you start your emails with SeXUaLLy ExpLIciT lol

so far we have .

me, black den, hitman, widzy said he would help but hes lost in lingo (i'll ring him some day soon). i appologise if i've forgotten anybody as its been a while since we've had a chance to look at the league

yes by all means USI ure help is MUCH appreciated, i started the leauge back up becuase i hate whats up for grabs atm.

but the current island is a load of ****** as im sure many would agree.

the current maps (the majority) arnt really good for CTF.

also the games in its infancy and lacks the CTF edge that OFP had. i hope that patches will fix this or im jumping ship to OFP2. eat it fan boys

unfortunatly  icon_rolleyes.gif the weather is awesome atm so im out fixing up my ownage :P car and having fun.

if u wanna chat about TNT and have suggestions get on my MSN @ jw.gilbert@btinternet.com

lol, no nothing sexually explicit, but my email adress is seazombe@cox.net so maybe you didn't recognize it.

Myself, Galeron and Dirtydeeds are the main ones interested, as well as our POR imports.  We will be happy to help in any capacity.

I agree there are not a majority of TNT quality ctf's, but we think Clear Cut is DEFINATELY tnt quality, and we have made a couple good ctf's, but 1 is a night time map so those aren't popular in tnt, and I am polishing 1 that has a St. P feel, but I know little to nothing about sqf's...I would be glad to let someone who knows sqf's make the needed changes.

yeah TNT needs time.

and Clear Cut will become maybe a Gc map when im ready with an Gc Addons-Pack! smile_o.gif

Played several of your maps frantic, and I gotta say Clear Cut is the class of them so far . It has a Castle Keep feel to it and we enjoy it immensely so it has our vote to be a tnt map. Don't know what you mean about Gc tho huh.gif

yeah TNT needs time.

Played several of your maps frantic, and I gotta say Clear Cut is the class of them so far . It has a Castle Keep feel to it and we enjoy it immensely so it has our vote to be a tnt map. Don't know what you mean about Gc tho huh.gif

Gc = Gamez-Club ( http://www.gamez-club.de/, like you see in my signature! thumbs-up.gif

and thats a league where we are playing already CTF matches in an open ladder.

wink_o.gif

i havent played clear cut, its been a while since i played ctf on arma lol.

if it indeed good, i'll speak to frantic about including it.

but right now, we have no scripter so i'll be using celerys scripts from GC, i spoke to him about SQF and he says its not a big advantage (i know nothing , only what im told by others). so that will be TNT's starting base, i myself am going to look into making some maps, as all the others that said would help have sicne got bored of ArmA or the idea of work.

i cant yet work out how to make a forum on the TNT website so if someone knows add yourself to my MSN :jw.gilbert@btinternet.com and PLEASE tell me lol

anyhoo, USI seems very generous and helpfull, they have made a few maps which will be tested and hosted on the GGX server, do come for a game lol

well, here is a link to a USI map-pack made in late 06 with v 1.02

http://www.onlinewarfare.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13273

I cannot say for certain how those maps will act in 1.05/1.05beta or later patches.

They are enjoyable CTF maps, but its up to others to decide if they are league worthy. Even if only one is good enough, thats one less to make!

My ArmA gaming has been limited due to lack of computing power, but this later month will be different wink_o.gif

as i see, jimmy doesnt play CTF on ArmA, so how do u wanna get up a CTF league if u do not even play CTF?

im sorry but i dont see sense in making a new ArmA TNT league if there is Gamez-Club where i can create every ladder i want.

and till now i just see my maps played on mulitplayer, so who would be interested in playing half-baked maps made by guys who doesnt even play regular CTF?

so stop the work on TNT and just tell me what u wanna have, cause i have a perfect platform for nice ladders, cups and leagues at gamez-club and im always looking for nice guys who wanna bring something up.

lets start a TNT Ladder at gamez-club and just tell me what to do, cause all the other CTF maps till now havent shown their potential till now, so come on and show me your maps and i will be able to make something good out of it!

wink_o.gif

PS: forget to use any of my maps for other leagues, im just interested in moving forward the projects where im interested in, so ask me first if u think one map made by me is worth playing in leagues, cause most of them are already used in other leagues! :P

TNT has name recognition and a history of being a successful CTF ladder. Why wouldnt you want that? OFP had room enough for more than one CTF ladder, and I suspect ArmA will be the same.

Frantic, I THINK some of your maps work great, but play like shit. 100 buildings randomly placed on an island, and copy/pasted to other locations, does not make good CTFs. Add to that, 50 player CTFs? Come on, in competitive CTF ladders, the most I played in was 10v10. I appreciate the desire to have large CTFs so more players can enjoy them, but IMO, that game mode hasn't got the maps to support 50 players, YET.

Now Clear Cut is a good example of a CTF style map that USI is interested in playing. It blends well with the default landscape and environment. If I recall correctly, that is a 20 player map? isnt it? wink_o.gif Continue making maps that use the terrain, instead of masking it smile_o.gif, with a mixture of covered and open areas, please.

These comments are made with the utmost respect for you and your contributions. I am merely making constructive observations. notworthy.gif

yeah i know that all my maps are just copy and paste, but i just make as many maps as possible to see which kind is wanted and what is working.

I wanna know the limits of CTF and i found already some, but im still trying out as many possibilities as possible, cause you always see if a map works when you play it.

and about the randomly placed objects...you can be sure that it isnt randomly placed, but till now there are only houses and a few objects which i can place.

I dont wanna use an editor-upgrade as an addon. So i have to wait till someone make an editor-upgrade with all objects, like the 6thSense which is missing a lot, to be able to use all stuff of ArmA, then i can build my own towns with streets, trees and stuff which make a "randomly placed" town like SanTomas for example to a good looking map.

You will see more such maps in future, cause people like it.

But im more interested in designing great looking maps and not such shit like IslaDeLosTojos for example.

But this kind of boring randomly placed maps were the most easy way to get working CTF maps as fast as possible and i think most people were and are happy about this easy made maps.

Im not sure since when u play ArmA, but at the beginning i tried to just use the given environment of Sahrani but most of the maps just sucked and had major ArmA bugs.

Since 1.05 we are able to have more possibilities in making maps, cause the engine is running quite fine if u got a good enough server to handle more than just 20players on a map.

So i will always make maps with the maximum of players which is at the moment 50 - 64.

And i think i remember correct that the TNT maps in OFP got 20 vs 20 slots, so i dont see a reason to design maps with just 10 vs 10 slots. till now i never thought one map was with too many connected players, cause i like it if there is a lot to shoot at! smile_o.gif

But its clear that league matches look totally different.

In Gamez-Club CTF open-ladder the most matches are played 6 vs 6 and the most played maps are CQB style.

So im going to make more maps in CQB style to have more different maps in the same size and style.

As i said above im still testing out the possibilities of ArmA.

So expect more shitty maps made by me! tounge2.gif

I have made so far 25 CTF maps and only a hand full is good i think and maps i think are shit are played on many servers, so its really hard to make maps most people like, cause the taste of myself is different than the majority of the CTF players.

So im making as many different maps of every possibility as possible to get the most variety of maps for the CTF community.

Wait till i get a C&H script which deserves my wishes and then i will overrun the C&H community with maps!:P

Maybe you have found out that i never have posted my maps in that forum, only the Gc maps and they are still work in progress.

But they are mostly working fine and we have already many nice clan wars in Gc. So i think im on the right way.

To get back on topic, i think its wasted time to design a new homepage and all the stuff, cause i got a perfect platform at Gamez-Club for any kind of ladder, cup and league.

The only work at the moment is to make good maps.

So i always said that im often for any new league idea and everybody can come to me and it would be possible to make a TNT ladder at Gamez-Club within 5mins.

I went to Gamez-Club to have the possibility in creating any tournament possible for ArmA. So nobody needs to spend houres in creating a own new site for it.

So come to me and talk with me, then i can give out admin rights and all can be done how you like! wink_o.gif

We are just at the beginning of ArmA and so we should work together in giving the community what it needs and wants.

But if you guys have that spare time in designing a new homepage and the money to pay for it than its of course good to give the ArmA community another league, its always good to have many different leagues.

But think about that Gamez-Club got all this and got a nice system ready and you only need to take it instead of making it new! wink_o.gif

sorry for the long text. tounge2.gif

with best wishes

Frantic

its a kind offer frantic, but i want to keep TNT seperate. I feel it will be better in the long run.

TNT is slow atm becuase i cant get hold of people willing to help for more than 5 minutes.

also, a lot of players have left ArmA simply becuase its not a good human vs human game...thats another topic altogether so forget i said that... this is the reason you dont see me play a lot of CTF, another reason is the maps...i cant stand a lot of them...sorry tounge2.gif

i'm willing to make a go at TNT myself, get a few maps up as to how i remember TNT in the past. exactly as dirtydeeds described it. open and covered areas built into and with the landscape, not just plonked down randomly.

what I REALLLLLLY want is a nice addon island built with ...war... in mind, wtf were BIS thinking with sharbloodyrini? holiday camp comes to mind band.gif

anyhow, one things for sure you wont see TNT up tomorrow lol. its gonna take time and help.gif

so it looks like that it will take a longer time till a own TNT league will be able to start.

Meanwhile i will maybe start a TNT ladder at Gc, if i find and made enough CQB maps.

wink_o.gif

? what do you mean

Frantic may establish a Troops, Nukes & Tactics ladder on Gamez-Club.de with maps that fit the style.

buy the website from me first

Frantic already has a site to start any kind of competition.