Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ArmA Anti-Cheat Framework

Yeah i hope BIS looks at this and makes a way to do it, then we will be well on our way.. yay.gif

There is another way to blow them out of the game. I have been able to crash a client via bad scripting.

See this topic and look at the bottom. smile_o.gif

Poof goes the client.

Heads up!

The ArmA Anti-Cheat Framework is now called SWAF-ACF.

The first beta version is now working, and we plan to host a closed beta for bandwidth testing purposes. See this thread for more info.

Join the beta, soldier!

Heads up!

The first beta version is now working, and we plan to host a closed beta for bandwidth testing purposes. See this thread for more info.

Join the beta, soldier!

Why bring clan names into this? Is the rest of your clan making it too? Either way it makes a project concerning the community look like a clan's internal system.

Heads up!

Join the beta, soldier!

Why bring clan names into this? Is the rest of your clan making it too? Either way it makes a project concerning the community look like a clan's internal system.

That's just the way it is. Why not use the script to do a bit of PR? It doesn't affect the functionality of the script in any way.

Anyway, that isn't the topic of this thread.  wink_o.gif

Is the rest of your clan making it too?

You would never know, we have a lot of talented people from Scripters/Missionmakers/Island Makers/Comedians tounge2.gif all experts in there areas anyways..

We are still looking for people to join in the closed beta test so please send us your PMs biggrin_o.gif

Matt Rochelle.

I have seen earlier posts in this thread about giving a client a 30 second warning that they are about to be locked..

In my opinion, those that use modified configs should be "immediately" dealt with (Middle of ocean or whatever, until they are kicked and banned)..

I wouldnt give them any time whatsoever that they could use to cause problems for the other players. smile_o.gif

#C

I have seen earlier posts in this thread about giving a client a 30 second warning that they are about to be locked..

In my opinion, those that use modified configs should be "immediately" dealt with (Middle of ocean or whatever, until they are kicked and banned)..

I wouldnt give them any time whatsoever that they could use to cause problems for the other players.   smile_o.gif

#C

Yeah it happens immediately. You are correct about the 30 seconds becuase they will have time to Tk and destroy bases and everything.

Nice work!

I personally don't have an awful lot of problems with TK/Griefers just yet - I'm quite selective about the servers I join, I suppose! wink_o.gif

#C

I wouldnt give them any time whatsoever that they could use to cause problems for the other players.   smile_o.gif

#C

Actually the punishment process is as follows:

When a player is found to be cheating he will be immediately stripped of all weapons and moved into the ocean. He will then recieve a 15 second countdown, telling him to leave the server or his game will freeze up. During this time he can obviously do nothing other than disconnect.

If he does stay, his game actually WILL freeze - forcing him to end it via the task manager.

This is the closest I came to actually kicking a player and I think it is quite effective.

EDIT: Here's what the countdown looks like.

countdown.jpg

UPDATE:

SWAF-ACF has now reached BETA status. Version 1.00b is ready and waiting for the closed beta tomorrow - giving me enough time to do some small tests and iron out any bugs I may find before Matt integrates it into his coop mission.

The current features are as follows:

Quote[/b] ]

- Automatic detection of malicious config modifications

- Name change detection

- Autokick of offenders

- Full compatibility with all addons and mods (if the server has them too)

- Full compatibility with all future ArmA patches (unless they make some major changes)

- Localized for English and German

If all goes well in the beta test tomorrow, I should be releasing the first version soon after. Maybe as early as Sunday. I have already recieved some notes of interest from mission makers and the script has generated some attention in the german ArmA community aswell (-> link), so with a bit of luck, it will be implemented in as many multiplayer missions as possible.

Teamkill detection is very easy if you use event handlers:

Have a look into in of the following missions:

My official ESL missions

The design is simple:

Check if a object was hit or killed. If the killer was a player and inside the base then broadcast the players object via publicVariable.

Of course the script can changed to detect a TK always.

This missions have many functions. But you can find the TK code detection in files contains "*EH*". This will be executed by the server.

The punishment is executed on each client and coded in "ClientMiscSlow.sqf".

Base raping could be detected fine, too. But not if a vehicle was moved and no player is inside it.

TK by a driven vehicle cannot be detected fine. A workaround is if the killer is nobody search a vehicle around 3-10m and punish the driver. But this could lead to punish an innocent player!

The last issue is not included in these ESL missions.

Hunter

PS: @MaddogX: Im very intrested for kick a player from the server, but I cannot find a command for this. Could you please help me?

Hunter @ May 04 2007,21:32)](...)

PS: @MaddogX: Im very intrested for kick a player from the server, but I cannot find a command for this. Could you please help me?

Thanks for all the info on TK detection. I'll definitely look into that.

As for kicking people, I used a simple workaround: cause an infinite loop on their machine that crashes ArmA - they have to end the game from the task manager. Sounds evil, but cheaters don't deserve any better.

Only script CRC verification every few minut can help crazy_o.gif

Mr. Flea, I deleted your post with a link to a cheat. Its against the forum rules to post such things. WL+1. Please take the time to review the forum rules.

I think it would be a Good idea if a person with a Modified Config shows up that the Hint will not show up to him but other players. this prevents him from leaveing the server if he is Cought red handed.

What about Modified Sound configs?

if you get the Script to work and a cheater with a id changer can just get unban is thare anyway to get a IP? maby via 3rd party software

it would be realy nice is BIS shows ips/Id connected via Server console!!!

Anyone out thare know of any 3rd party IP recorders//pingers That would ping evry ip conected to youre box so you can at leaste compare Game id Via thare ping!