Sign in to follow this  
DarkGiver

SWM SWITZERLAND MOD RELEASED !!!

1. the base SS550 (with only ironsights) i find the aiming hole seems too small (i always want to zoom in just a bit more).

Well the "problem" is that the aiming hole is pretty close to the real one. But the thing is that the real rifle has 4 (actually 5) settings. You can adjust the visor thingy based on what distance you shoot at and also switch to a night visor. There is also a setting that requires you to use a screwdriver to take out a screw to change one of the high precission settings into an close combat setting. Then also for CQB soldiers are trained to not look trough he hole at all but look over it. we call it "reflex shooting". Anyway I find the hole is very good in the size for 150+ m which is quite a ususal distance I tend to engage enemy AI at. Obviously for CQB it is too small but the question is where do you want to put the compromise. Also keep in mind that the SIG 550 is a rather long range relatively high precission assault rifle and normal swiss conscripts are trained to use it with iron sights on 300m while many soldiers are not so well trained in urban combat where CQB would most likely happen wink_o.gif

thank you for answering.

so it's close to reality, then that's great and then let it stay as is and become part of the 'experience' of that weapon.

thanks again for explaining. smile_o.gif

this mod is really great.

love the wepaons and the way the work. all looks very good.

of course, nothing i sperfect.

3 comments in order of importnace to me.

1. the base SS550 (with only ironsights) i find the aiming hole seems too small (i always want to zoom in just a bit more). this is especially true when it also has the greande launcher on it.

2. when changing weapons on the gear screen sometimes when picking a new rifle the ammo for that rifle doesn't come up automatically and i have to manually put it in to the slots.

3. the infantry medic only comes with a handgun and no rifle by default.

4. would it be possible to have the grenade launcher sight able to raise and lower? does it do so on the real rifles? if it does then that would be great because having the aiming thing standing up blocks the view a lot.

this is a fantastic mod.  thanks. really enjoyable to use.

Thank to Donnervogel for explanation about point 1 smile_o.gif

And concerning the others :

2) Could you precise which weapon ? And if the inventory was already full or not ? If that's a BIS related bug.. i cannot do anything... but if the default ammo for a specific gun is incorrect.. i can.

3) In swiss army regular infantry the medic soldier receive a p220 but no assault rifle by default.

4) Actually that's a bit hard... but i can try to add an option in future.

forgot yesterday:

- arma.rpt was 5 MB huh.gif

- at firing range sometimes you have to drag&drop the weapon in ammo crate again before you can use it.

want to see more from Swiss ArmA-Army smile_o.gif

forgot yesterday:

- arma.rpt was 5 MB  huh.gif

- at firing range sometimes you have to drag&drop the weapon in ammo crate again before you can use it.

want to see more from Swiss ArmA-Army  smile_o.gif

- For the arma.rpt.. i can't do anything.. we are working with old tools.. so the models generated don't use the new native ARMA format. But most of the errors in rpt.. are just warnings. And there is no performance issue about that.

- I didn't noticed any problems with the fire range and our weapons.. can you be more precise and check if the problem is related to our weapons or if that's a general arma issue please ? smile_o.gif

Thank for your feedbacks

Nicely done!

I'm really happy with your work, but where is navy unit?

wink_o.gif

ey mad_o.gif the swiss navy is top secret!!

No reports, no pictures and no mods allowed!

Or have you seen any?

wink_o.gif

QuietMan

Nicely done!

wink_o.gif

Or have you seen any?

wink_o.gif

QuietMan

unfortunately the glorious Swiss high seas navy was cancelled after a study found that Switzerland has no sea access wow_o.gif

They do however have a smal naval unit wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Naval Patrol

Being landlocked, Switzerland does not have a navy, but it does maintain a fleet of military patrol boats, numbering 10 in 2006. They patrol the Swiss lakes: Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne and Lake Constance. These boats are sometimes humorously referred to as the "Swiss Navy".

They do however have a smal naval unit wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Naval Patrol

Being landlocked, Switzerland does not have a navy, but it does maintain a fleet of military patrol boats, numbering 10 in 2006. They patrol the Swiss lakes: Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne and Lake Constance. These boats are sometimes humorously referred to as the "Swiss Navy".

Yes.. lol.. and here a picture :

3664.jpg

Nicely done!

wink_o.gif

Or have you seen any?

wink_o.gif

QuietMan

unfortunately the glorious Swiss high seas navy was cancelled after a study found that Switzerland has no sea access wow_o.gif

exactly, they even made sure all the maps don't show it wink_o.gif

QuietMan

aaaahhh something slipped through !!!!!!!!!!

All, please stay quiet and immediately leave this board through the marked exits!

(luckily it was not the supercarrier  whistle.gif )

wink_o.gif

btw. which battle tanks are used by Swiss army?

QuietMan

We have 134 swiss customized Leopard 2 (Panzer 87) as main battle tank.

no posts?

I think this is one of the best mods, maybe even the best mod out there! I love the animations.

Any updates? Any improvements or new stuff working on?

QuietMan

Yes.. about the news.. here the last addition in the weapons category :

swm_lmg05.jpg

swm_lmg05_5_100k.jpg

552LB_DUO.jpg

swm_arsenal_beta_1.2.jpg

And we are currently working hard to fix all the know bugs, and to add new features... some fresh news soon...

Ah crap, more weapons for me to amalgamate... tounge2.gif

Nice job, maestro. How close %wise are you blokes to finishing this lot?

I think a realistic date for a public update can be the end of july... but i can't confirm anything.. there still is a lot of work...

This is such a good mod. I really enjoy playing it as the troops look the part and the guns are the coolest. Amazing work on the clip animation and sounds for the SIG 550/551/552.

On the next version, will there be more missions to play? The ones released with V1.1 are good, but there are so few of them.

Also, are there many people playing on the switzerland mod server? I've looked a few times but it always seems to be empty.

Thanks for the mod and keep up the good work.

Yes.. we're working hard on the version 1.2.. and we will include some new missions.

About the server.. we play on very often.. so you cannot miss us smile_o.gif

And now.. an important new for the 1.2 :

Our snipers now use a nice ghillie suit (not final yet...) :

swm_ghillie_new_1.jpg

swm_ghillie_new_2.jpg

----> Bigger version !!! <----

HOLY MOLY! biggrin_o.gif That is unbelieveable - that sniper is incredible - great job guys!

Stew

Are they from XAM (french mod)?

No... it's a totally new version

this ghille-snipers are super, very missing thing in ARMA, very usefull, i know it will be in mod, but also would be very nice to receive it as standalone for US, SLA snipers,

i would be very satisfied if you could release something like this like US sniper with M24 and SLA sniper with SVD

but as in MOD it is also super

Yes grat work guys. It will be nice too see it s a standallon version, but it will be nice any way. Just like I sead arma just keeps beter and beter and all thenks too guys theat r making all the addons for arma. Thx to all.

Just keep doing the good work. notworthy.gif