Sign in to follow this  
DarkGiver

SWM SWITZERLAND MOD RELEASED !!!

looks really good, never knew that switzerland had a army nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]Simply use the included installer to extract the files, and if you want you can copy the .pbo manually in your ./arma/addons folder.

Uh, is this using EXE installer?

Fantastic work, guys. Everything about this mod is top notch.

I hope to see more of your work in the future.

Great work indeed! Downloaded the weapons pack from the SWM site on the 21:st, have yet to try the troops!  notworthy.gif

Only the zoom got to go, at least on the SG552s, I like it one the SG550s and perhaps a little less zoom on the SG551s.

The plastic mags are revolutionary! Even the spring is there, pushing 'em up! Can't wait until someone bring it to the G36, maybe to a new P90...!  crazy_o.gif

BTW, is it possible for you to make the SG 550 take the 30rnd mag MODEL when using 30 rounders instead of only eating up the rounds slower? And the SG551/552 take the correct 20 rounders?

I've been wondering about this ever since I saw the LSV in the Danish addon: BI didn't implement mag model change when loading the M249 with STANAGs but I know the AR15 LMG in the Danish addon can use both 100rnd drums and plastic STANAGs with correct models! Check with them for some help. Just because I would love to see your weps in 100% perfection as opposed to current 99.5%  tounge2.gif

Great work indeed! Downloaded the weapons pack from the SWM site on the 21:st, have yet to try the troops!  notworthy.gif

Only the zoom got to go, at least on the SG552s, I like it one the SG550s and perhaps a little less zoom on the SG551s.

The plastic mags are revolutionary! Even the spring is there, pushing 'em up! Can't wait until someone bring it to the G36, maybe to a new P90...!  crazy_o.gif

BTW, is it possible for you to make the SG 550 take the 30rnd mag MODEL when using 30 rounders instead of only eating up the rounds slower? And the SG551/552 take the correct 20 rounders?

I've been wondering about this ever since I saw the LSV in the Danish addon: BI didn't implement mag model change when loading the M249 with STANAGs but I know the AR15 LMG in the Danish addon can use both 100rnd drums and plastic STANAGs with correct models! Check with them for some help. Just because I would love to see your weps in 100% perfection as opposed to current 99.5%  tounge2.gif

Very interesting.. i will investigate about the specific mag model (maybe using proxy magazine model).

And about the zoom.. that's another problem.. cause.. if i reduce the zoom in comparaison with the basic one used by default weapons... the gameplay will suffer. This zoom can be considered like the effect of concentration on the aim sight.

By default every character can zoom with right button... but i will check to find the best compromise.

Thank for feedback smile_o.gif

Just happy to say something useful! smile_o.gif After all, the SWM 1.1 release made me register at this forum, after lurking around here since spring 2004! Hehe tounge2.gif

And about the zoom.. that's another problem.. cause.. if i reduce the zoom in comparaison with the basic one used by default weapons... the gameplay will suffer. This zoom can be considered like the effect of concentration on the aim sight.

tbh i love the zoom on vanilla arma - the option of the 'zoom out' view, make cqb a possibility, if you could (or if you want to) implement that it would be great.

andy.

WOW these are some of the best units i have seen! very good work! Thank you

Agreed, V1.0 was fantastic, but 1.1 is better by far. The weapons are wonderful and the units look great too.

MG3/Mg51 inlove.gif

I do have one problem though, the Urban Milsich units appear to have a bug where the units face becomes completely black when in shadow (i.e when the unit faces away from the sun). Looks like somet went awry with the specular map for the head, was it edited to stop the balaclava/ski-mask textures from being shiny?

Pic to illustrate:

SWMbg.jpg

hi,

hmmm, looks strange, I had this problem up to now not yet. I will still follow however to the thing. smile_o.gif

thanks for Feedback.

Lovely mod. I'm real excited to use the lasersights on the Sigs in actual missions.

I've noticed however, the firing range mission doesn't work. It allows you to use the Panzerfaust, and the pistols, but does not allow you to use any of the other weapons.

This is a very good add-on and glad i've downloaded it  smile_o.gif

First off, you guys have just achieved rockstar status in terms of ArmA modding. Second, thank you for this wonderful mod, especially the fact that one is allowed to see around the edges of the Acog, ever since Red Orchestra, that is one thing I've looked for in 'Realism Games'.

And the last thing, could I possibly request a particular mission for conversion to the Switzerland Mod? Or possibly request some directions towards how to do so? confused_o.gif I still haven't quite figured out how to get existing missions in the Editor, or how to set up the ability to select different weapons at startup. Links to tutorials would be quite welcome. Anyway, the mission I'm speaking of is Night Strike: Saboteur.

Thanks for the Add-On no matter what.

mrcheetos;

You have to press F and then reload, or reload then press F, I don't remember which. I had the same issue. Got frustrated and pressed keys one by one and found that out.

this is great fun. question tho, where are the units with the protect helmets like in the screen shot on the first post in this thread?

this is great fun.  question tho, where are the units with the protect helmets like in the screen shot on the first post in this thread?

Military Police Special Detachement MPSD in the Milsich category... you cannot miss them smile_o.gif

im lovin the mp5k it is brilliant like everything else ye have made

Nice Mod!!

"Press Plick" & "Bundesrat" and "Civilian 1+2" are top biggrin_o.gif

I found some error maybe quick to solve?!

Ambush Mission

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.CH_SF_PARA'

in editor - make group (F2) CH SF AAD Urban REconTeam

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles.CH_SF_aad'

waiting for next surprise from your team! thumbs-up.gif

Edit: and at mission where you order to kill the officer is daytime(morning/afternoon) - is it right?

I downloaded this yesterday. Really top notch work. The translucent mags are really well done on the Sigs.

The missions play well too. Looking forward to seeing what other mods you've got in the pipeline.

The only thing I noticed that may be wrong is the firing sound on the sniper rifle seems to cut off a little too soon. It might just be my computer though.

Really professional stuff. Keep it up!

Love this mod, you guys have done amazing, especially with the lack of proper tools. I posted this up on TotalArmA and have been toying with it everyday since I got it. I love the MP5, especially how they actually look GOOD when people are holding them instead of tiny little toys (aka BIS's MP5s).

thanks and keep up the good work!

this mod is really great.

love the wepaons and the way the work. all looks very good.

of course, nothing i sperfect.

3 comments in order of importnace to me.

1. the base SS550 (with only ironsights) i find the aiming hole seems too small (i always want to zoom in just a bit more). this is especially true when it also has the greande launcher on it.

2. when changing weapons on the gear screen sometimes when picking a new rifle the ammo for that rifle doesn't come up automatically and i have to manually put it in to the slots.

3. the infantry medic only comes with a handgun and no rifle by default.

4. would it be possible to have the grenade launcher sight able to raise and lower? does it do so on the real rifles? if it does then that would be great because having the aiming thing standing up blocks the view a lot.

this is a fantastic mod. thanks. really enjoyable to use.

1. the base SS550 (with only ironsights) i find the aiming hole seems too small (i always want to zoom in just a bit more).

Well the "problem" is that the aiming hole is pretty close to the real one. But the thing is that the real rifle has 4 (actually 5) settings. You can adjust the visor thingy based on what distance you shoot at and also switch to a night visor. There is also a setting that requires you to use a screwdriver to take out a screw to change one of the high precission settings into an close combat setting. Then also for CQB soldiers are trained to not look trough he hole at all but look over it. we call it "reflex shooting". Anyway I find the hole is very good in the size for 150+ m which is quite a ususal distance I tend to engage enemy AI at. Obviously for CQB it is too small but the question is where do you want to put the compromise. Also keep in mind that the SIG 550 is a rather long range relatively high precission assault rifle and normal swiss conscripts are trained to use it with iron sights on 300m while many soldiers are not so well trained in urban combat where CQB would most likely happen wink_o.gif